Profile for Laurie Wilson > Reviews

Content by Laurie Wilson

Laurie Wilson (Sheffield, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LADY COLOUR Infinity Necklace for Women with Crystals from Swarovski Rose Gold Plated Jewellery Birthday gifts Mothers day gifts Christmas gifts Valentines gifts
Offered by LADY COLOUR DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife is extremely pleased with the necklace, 23 Oct. 2017
We had already purchased a bracelet in a similar design from the seller. It had been purchased as a present. My wife was so pleased with the bracelet that we purchased another.

The bracelet has attracted a ridiculous amount of complimentary comments,even when worn alongside expensive jewelry,

So back to the necklace.... This arrived in an 'OK' box. If I have a criticism it's that the presentation box could be smarter and better quality. Probably more of an issue if it is a present.

The necklace is the same quality as the bracelet. The rose gold coating is uniform and very good. The crystals are of a high quality.

My wife is extremely pleased with the necklace and is looking forward to more positive comments.

Highly recommended from a trusted supplier
Comment Comment | Permalink

UCOUSO MINI DP TO HDMI Adapter, Mini DisplayPort(Thunderbolt TM Port Compatible) to HDMI 4K/30HZ HD TV Male to Female Converter for Dell U3410,Philips 244EL and More
Offered by UCOUSO UK Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of neat and compact equipment, 23 Oct. 2017
My Dell XPS laptop is beautifully thin, the downside is that lacks some vital ports such as Ethernet and HDMI.

I need to occasionally connect the laptop to either a screen or projector and the missing HDMI port is an issue. The Dell has a mini dataport.

Some adaptors I have considered are quite bulky even when the connector is a mini DP. This unit looked small and I can confirm that when it arrived it is very compact.

It really is just plug and play. The mini DP went neatly into the laptop and a standard HDMI cable connected to a monitor.

The screen worked immediately and was clear and stable.

A great piece of neat and compact equipment which provides a good solution
Comment Comment | Permalink

USB C Cable, UCOUSO USB 3.0 A Male to USB C Male Cable for Galaxy S8, S8+, MacBook, Nintendo Switch, Sony XZ, HTC 10, Xiaomi 5 and More (black)
Offered by UCOUSO UK Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with the quality, 23 Oct. 2017
I can imagine many people questioning the cost of these cables compared to some others offered on Amazon. After all a cable is a cable.

Unfortunately I have put a lot of failed 'cheap' cables in the the bin and have learned the hard way that you usually get what you pay for.

These are excellent cables and are clearly a quality product. Well made and finished. The attention to little details is what makes the difference.

The cables are very flexible and difficult to tangle. The outer sheathed is smooth and looks like it will last. The connectors are of high quality.

I was sceptical about the claim that it would charge quicker than standard cables, but to my surprise it does seem to be quicker.

Highly recommended cable. Very pleased with my purchase.

Bluetooth 4.1, SEGURO BH-1 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone Hanging-Ear Bluetooth Headset with mic 180 degrees Hands-free Noise Cancelling Call Earbuds Sport Earphones for iPhone 7 6 6 6S Plus, Samsung S7 Note 5 Android Phone Smart Phone and Other Driving car Bluetooth Devices
Offered by SEGURO

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife's nicked it ! I have to buy another., 23 Oct. 2017
I bought this to use on the occasions when it's inconvenient to have hold of my phone.

It arrived quickly and in a simple packaging. The unit is light and feels the right size. It looks and feels high quality.

Happy with my purchase I found it easy to pair to my Samsung phone. Once paired they remain linked when in range,
Operation is fairly intuitive but in case of any issues the instructions are clear and with diagrams.

Performance is excellent with very clear reception and I understand that the pickup from the microphone gives equally clear speech for the recipients of the call.

Now the downside.... Having set it up and delighted with the performance I found that it had gone missing. My wife has nicked it for walking our dogs ! Managing two large dogs and holding an expensive phone to your ear isn't recommended so it works well for her walking and talking.

So now I've got to buy another one.!!!

The fact that I am only too happy to do so is I hope a clear endorsement of this excellent product.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Replacement Headband Cover for Bose QC3, AE2 / AE2i / AE2w Headphones / Headband Protector Repair Parts / Easy DIY Installation No Tool Needed
Offered by GeekriaDirectEU

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product that extends the life of your headphones, 17 Oct. 2017
I love my Bose QC headphones. They get a lot of use and at times hard travel. The earcups were the first to fail and I found some good replacements on Amazon.

The headband has started to fray and it's one of those things that goes from a little to a lot fairly quickly.

A bit of research and I found several replacements. Reading the reviews it appears that many of them require wires to be unsoldered and re-soldered to fit the cover.

This replacement has a zip which gets around the need for cable disruption. It's a little fiddly to fit but not beyond my fat fingers so most should find it OK.

One thing that could be better (and the reason for a lost star) the tab on the zipper is needed to fit the headband but once finished isn't needed. A better way to stow it rather than just dangling would be good. I think I'll cut mine off.

Good product that extends the life of your headphones

AngLink Pest Control Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Electronic Plug in Pest Repellent Device for Indoor Rodents Mouse Mice Cockroach Flies Roaches Ants Spiders Fleas
Offered by AngLink Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a well made and compact unit, 17 Oct. 2017
This arrived quickly and is nicely packaged with slightly 'Chinglish' instructions. Still easy to set up and fairly intuitive.

It's a well made and compact unit that just plugs into a UK 3 pin socket. You can select Ultrasonic (insects) or Electromagnetic (rodents) output or a combination of both. A switchable night light function has a blue glow.

Set up was very quick. My need is for a medium size garden storage shed which is used for keeping all our garden furniture and cushions etc.

During the winter it seems to be refuge for most of the neighbourhood spider community and Spring brings the chore of cleaning up the many webs and tackling some fairly large spiders. I've lived in Australia so have a healthy respect for spiders, although the UK population is fairly benign ie. they don't kill you !

We haven't had an issue with mice or rats but I'm sure that one could do a lot of expensive damage. To be safe I've enabled the function that cycles between the two modes.

Only time will tell if this is a success, so I will update this review in the Spring. After a few days installed I have to say that there don't seem to be any spiders visible. My two labradors do not seem to be affected by any output from this device.

NOCO Genius G1100UK 6V/12V 1.1 Amp UltraSafe Smart Battery Charger
NOCO Genius G1100UK 6V/12V 1.1 Amp UltraSafe Smart Battery Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Great modern charger, 17 Oct. 2017
When my trusty battery charger sent out smoke signals from it's internals I got the message that after 25 years service, time had taken it's toll.

My need for a charger is to provide float charge to my classic cars battery during the winter. This means that it is on continuously for 5-6 months per year. 25 years is probably fair value!

A quarter of a century on and technology has clearly had a significant impact upon the design of chargers. Wow! This new one is about 20% the size of my old unit and is basically plug and go.

The Noco Genius comes nicely packaged with good clear instructions. There are also more in-depth FAQ's on their website.

The extra lead that allows for permanent plug connection is useful and fuse protected.

There are some options for charging different battery types. However, once set you can forget. It's then a matter of 4 status lights which indicate the percentage charge of the battery.

I had an issue of my own making with a battery that had no charge or voltage. The charger could not start charging this. A way around it is to just connect another battery with at least some voltage in parallel. This will allow the zero charge battery to get started and the subsidiary to then be removed.

The 1.1 amp version seems OK for float charging. If you are regularly charging highly discharged batteries then it would be best to go for a greater power.

USB C 3.0 Cable 2 Pack (12CM+1.5M) AUAUA Type C Nylon Cable 3.0 for USB Type-C Devices Including the new MacBook, ChromeBook Pixel, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Huawei P9, OnePlus 2/3 and More (24 Months Warranty)
Offered by auaua Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars These are excellent cables and are clearly a quality product., 3 Oct. 2017
How much ? ...I can hear many people questioning the cost of these cables compared to some others offered on Amazon. After all a cable is a cable.

The cables are quite stiff and difficult to tangle. The braiding is tight and looks like it will last. The connectors are of high quality.

Highly recommended cable. Very pleased with my purchase.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Elekele Car Charger, 6-Port Extender USB Car Charging Adapter, Built-in Safety Protection, Fast Charge for Android IOS iPad Camera and More- Black
Offered by Elekele

5.0 out of 5 stars One of those things you never knew that you needed, but wouldn't be without when you have it., 3 Oct. 2017
Who could have predicted our need for such a device even 5 years ago?

Trips in the car mean that we take along the electronic devices that have become such an important part of our lives. The phones are obvious, but tablets, satnavs, dashcams etc all hanker for that essential USB charging connection.

Sadly most cars, even the latest only come with one, or at best two accessory plugs which have evolved from the humble cigarette lighter. My new vehicle has quite a high power rating stamped alongside the socket which indicates significant power available.

The car charger comes with a male cigarette lighter plug that immediately provides 2 USB charging sockets where it is plugged in. I'm fairly sure that these two support the fast charging technologies on Apple and Samsung devices.

The roughly 1.5m lead then has a small 'puck' attached at the end which provides a further 4 USB charging sockets. The puck has a useful clip to secure it. Great for kids in the back seat to run tablets etc.

Probably one of those things you never knew that you needed, but wouldn't be without when you have it.

The whole extender has a good quality feel about it and with a little bit cable management and under trim routing, can look as if it is an original fitting.

Highly recommended
Comment Comment | Permalink

Watch Band Strap Link Pin Remover, Eventronic Watch Repair Kit with Spring Bar Tool, Tweezer, 3 Extra Pins
Offered by EventoolsOfficial

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little device that works very well, 3 Oct. 2017
Great little device that works very well, metal construction, very well put together and does the trick.

I have one of the blue plastic ones that I couldn't get to work at all.

With a litte bit of thought and care this one adjusted my watch bands without any problems.

The pin removing tool worked very well.

Even the supplied tweezers which I didn't find a use for are of high quality

Recommended.