Profile for Chris > Reviews

Chris

Page: 1 | 2
Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer With Exactemp Technology
Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer With Exactemp Technology
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun 4520 Thermoscan Ear Thermometer, 5 May 2014
Currently undergoing Chemotherapy so needed a reliable Thermometer to check my Temperature daily. This is similar to the professional ones they use in the Hospital and had a good set of feedbacks from previous customers. Tip:- If used by one individual there is no need to change the disposable lens filter after each use, just make sure its clean. There are spare filters supplied with the thermometer and replacements in various quantities are readily and cheaply available from multiple suppliers when required.

Nonin Go2 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter - Orange
Nonin Go2 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter - Orange

4.0 out of 5 stars Nonin Go2 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter, 15 Feb. 2014
Being an ex-smoker I needed to keep an eye on my blood oxygen level after being diagnosed with lung cancer at Christmas. The Hospital's Blood Pressure Monitors included Pulse & Oximeter readings that consistently recorded below normal hence my concern when returning home away from such equipment. Although not cheap I went and bought this portable unit on the strength of others feedback and am very pleased with its accuracy and simplicity. You don't get a case or lanyard with it but these are available extra if required. Battery life is impressive.

WD My Book 2TB External Desktop Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0)
WD My Book 2TB External Desktop Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars WD My Book 2TB External Desktop Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0), 29 Oct. 2013
I had one of these WD 2TB HDD's when they were only USB 2.0 for external use as a backup drive, not with a computer, but with my Humax Foxsat TV Free-Sat recorder box to vastly increase the storage capacity of my TV film recordings compared with the measly capacity of its internal HDD. I was very pleased with the way it all worked although transfer speeds seemed to drag a bit, i.e. around 10 minutes for a 2 hour film. My chosen programmes and films had to be recorded onto the Humax internal HDD before copying to the external WD HDD and subsequently deleted from the internal HDD to free-up space for more recordings. The initial WD NTFS formatting as supplied had to be changed to FAT32 to be usable with Humax's outdated interface but no problem in doing this. As an alternative I could have re-formatted in exFAT but was afraid this might not have been readable if I ever wanted to view the recordings later on my old XP PC or my later Win 7 PC. Hopefully the new 2TB updated version of this drive with USB3/2 interface recently bought will be compatible, do the same and be as good. I will add more when all is up and running - or otherwise.

Adobe Acrobat XI Professional Version (PC)
Adobe Acrobat XI Professional Version (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars Adobe Acrobat XI Professional Version (PC), 27 Oct. 2013
I needed to create a lot of copies in scanned PDF format being recently retired and was very disappointed with cheap programmes that said they would do the job but turned out to be a waste of time and money. I was used to using Adobe Creative Suite at work so was conversant with their included Acrobat programme so decided to bite the bullet and spend a vast amount just to get the latest version of Acrobat XI Pro. The best deal I could find (not being a Student or Teacher) was through Amazon but was a little concerned that their supplier offered it at almost half the price of the competition but only had 3 remaining which left no time to delay purchasing. I needn't have worried because it arrived quickly, installed in minutes and was authorised and certified through Adobe's compulsory web registration process OK. All I have to do now is get used to the updated interface and extra facilities included!

TOMIX THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE - N GAUGE
TOMIX THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE - N GAUGE
Offered by PARAISO Japan eu

5.0 out of 5 stars TOMIX THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE - N GAUGE, 27 Oct. 2013
I was prepared to make up and paint a working Thomas the Tank Engine using a Graham Farish N Gauge Jinty loco as a base because I couldn't find an English manufactured one available. I needed a Thomas loco with Annie & Clarabel coaches for our new Church Club N Gauge model railway layout to entertain the children. Found this on the web made by Tomix in Japan and available at a reasonable price through Amazon who I trust having bought from them for years now. Delivery direct from Japan was quoted up to a month and free so was prepared to wait but to my surprise it arrived in a week! No English specification or instructions included other than saying non-returnable if opened. When tested on my 12v DC controller worked fine in both directions and ran smoothly and quietly. What more could you ask for. Its a pity that Thomas's friend Henry was 3 times the price which is far to expensive for young children to play with.

SanDisk SDSDX-032G-X46 Extreme SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card up to 45 MB/s read - 32 GB
Offered by B3Digital

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk 32GB 45MB/s Extreme HD Video SDHC Card, 28 Jun. 2013
Used to buy 4 of 8Gb a year now buy 1 of 32Gb for about the same price as 1 8Gb for my Panasonic Lumix TZ30. Speed is also faster than the old Ultra cards and have never had a problem with SanDisk cards. So highly recommended.

2x SATA cable black 19,68 inch (50cm) | 1x even-even | 1x even-angled | compatible up to S-ATA/600 | Serial ATA | 1,5GBs/3GBs/6GBs (backward compatible) | S-ATA Cable
Offered by Medialess

5.0 out of 5 stars 2x SATA cable black 19,68 inch (50cm) | 1x even-even | 1x even-angled | compatible up to S-ATA/600 | Serial ATA | 1,5GBs/3GBs/6, 28 Jun. 2013
Needed to complete my computer self build. Easy to fit and no problems encountered connecting up. Appreciated the self locking feature.

SSD Bracket Put 2.5 inch SSD or Laptop Hard Drive in a 3.5 HDD Bay
SSD Bracket Put 2.5 inch SSD or Laptop Hard Drive in a 3.5 HDD Bay
Offered by kenable_ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars SSD Bracket Put 2.5 inch SSD or Laptop Hard Drive in a 3.5 HDD Bay, 28 Jun. 2013
Needed to complete my computer self build. Easy to fit and would hold a second SSD when I can afford it!

CDL Micro USB 3.0 19 pin Header to 2 x USB 3.0 Ports Adapter - Black
CDL Micro USB 3.0 19 pin Header to 2 x USB 3.0 Ports Adapter - Black
Offered by fortunemart-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars USB 3.0 19 pin Header to 2 x USB 3.0 Ports Adapter ~ Connector ~ Converter USB 3.0 19 pin Header to 2 x USB 3.0 Ports Adapter ~, 28 Jun. 2013
Needed to complete my computer self build. Necessary because these are not supplied with my ASUS Mobo or extension card. Easy to fit and no problems encountered.

sourcingmap Motherboard Cable to 4 Port USB 2.0 Rear Panel Quad USB Bracket
sourcingmap Motherboard Cable to 4 Port USB 2.0 Rear Panel Quad USB Bracket
Offered by sourcingmap

5.0 out of 5 stars MainBoard Motherboard Cable to 4 Port USB 2.0 Rear Panel Quad USB Bracket MainBoard Motherboard Cable to 4 Port USB 2.0 Rear Pa, 28 Jun. 2013
Needed to complete my computer self build. There are never enough USB 2.0 ports provided on the majority of Mobo's and was found necessary to run my existing accessories i.e.2 printers, Card reader, film scanner, document scanner, memory stick and external HDD etc. My current Mobo is mainly USB 3.0 but I didn't want to waste using these ports up on my old external slow accessories.

Page: 1 | 2