Profile for StevenF > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Ray-Ban Unisex Sunglasses Aviator Gold (L0205 Gold) One size
Ray-Ban Unisex Sunglasses Aviator Gold (L0205 Gold) One size

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy them, you won't regret it!, 26 Oct. 2015
Now I know a lot of people think spending £60 on a set of sunglasses is a waste of money, me included until I bought a set of ray-ban.

As soon as I held these you could tell they were good sun-glasses, proper weight in them, which took a day or two of wearing to get used to but now I have, other glasses feel so cheap. Then there's the lenses, my my my - everything looks so good through them, simply superb!

I had never truly experienced a good set of sunglasses until I bought these and for £60, what a bargain!

Very happy.

Logitech Marathon M705 Wireless Laptop Computer Mouse with 3 Year Battery Life
Logitech Marathon M705 Wireless Laptop Computer Mouse with 3 Year Battery Life

1.0 out of 5 stars Feels premium but somehow poorly made, 26 Oct. 2015
First of all I must say that I LOVE this mouse. 'What?' You might be wondering, "why did you rate it 1 star!?" Simple: it doesn't last.

From reading other reviews of people claiming this mouse is awesome but they have gone through many of them as they keep breaking, I thought to myself "ahh this won't happen to me, they must be rough with their mouse." I was very wrong. I treated my M705 mouse like it was god, making sure never to drop it or pack in my laptop bag on top of anything heavy. Despite this, it just broke on me today - less than a month since owning it.

Next step will be a refund, very disappointed.

AKG K702 Open-Back Dynamic Reference Headphones - Black
AKG K702 Open-Back Dynamic Reference Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply incredible!, 20 Sept. 2015
Good things about these headphones:

. Used to cost over £250 however AKG moved production to China, from Australia, and this is perhaps why it's now only £150 (£130 on flash sale), so you're really getting a bargain.
. Even at the £250 price point these headphones would be considered worth the price; with online music communities and audiophiles alike give praise to these cans. At release in 2009 they were considered the best headphones to cost less than £1000.
. They sound good on an iPod (or any non-amplified source). I don't know why you'd want to use an iPod to listen to these but they do still sound great, although the lack of power in an iPod (or non-amplified source) means they don't go very loud.
. The sound-stage is incredible! This is like having personal speakers for your ears.
. Everyone is really nice and easy to listen to, nothing is over or under emphasised - these are proper studio cans.
. The acoustics come across perfectly. To get this good a sound from my studio monitors I would have to spend thousands on acoustic panels to fully set up my room to be acoustically perfect.

There are no bad points I've found with these headphones, however there are a few points you may want to think about to check these are for you:

. If you don't have an amplifier then keep in mind, in order to get the best sound from these, you might want to buy an amp which will cost anything from £40-100 for a decent one.
. These are open-back, which mean sound really leaks and sound will come in to your headphones if you're in a loud place. Really, these aren't for using on a train or bus or anywhere in public, just home use.

So, these headphones are amazing but just make sure you know what they are before buying them.

Logitech UltraThin Keyboard Cover for iPad White -  UK layout
Logitech UltraThin Keyboard Cover for iPad White - UK layout

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 20 Sept. 2015
I previously owned the Logitech UltraThin for an iPad 2 and it did the job well so I had high hopes buying one for my new iPad Air. I'm happy to say that my expectations were matched, this is fantastic keyboard!

It feels very natural to type on, the battery lasts months on hour a day usage and it really does look the part next to an iPad.

My only gripe is that the cover doesn't seem to 100% match up to the iPad when closed, it's a cm or so out of alignment and it doesn't seem to be as closely sealed when closed as my old keyboard did with the iPad 2.

Haz 500 ml Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol First Aid Anti Septic
Haz 500 ml Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol First Aid Anti Septic
Offered by GB TRADERS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 20 Sept. 2015
Works as expected, not much more can be said - solid product!

Hoxton Two Fold Leather Credit Card Holder by Gryphen (Navy)
Hoxton Two Fold Leather Credit Card Holder by Gryphen (Navy)
Offered by The Bag & Wallet Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 20 Sept. 2015
This is a fantastic little wallet which really does look the part considering it's cost.

My last wallet was a little too big considering I only really need a few cards/notes so found this was online and I'm happy to say it has fitted my needs perfectly. Quality is great, genuine leather (smells like it too!), and looks like it should handle the test of time rather well. Having said that; for a tenner, even if it only lasts a year, I'll happily come back and buy another one!

AKORD Refillable Safety Gas Candle BBQ Fire Lighter, Plastic, Multi-Colour, 27cm, Large, Pack of 3
Offered by Googlez

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, simple and effective!, 26 Jun. 2015
Cheap and work fantastic, not much more to say really!

Belkin F8N159 Protective Slim Back Pack for Laptops, Macbooks and Chromebooks up to 17 inch - Black/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend!, 26 Jun. 2015
Actually fantastic, only issue I have is the straps keep re-adjusting themselves when I pick it up, would be nice if it clipped in place or something.

However, that's a small niggle in otherwise a fantastic product which fits my 17" Laptop, Charger, iPad and has room left over for more stuff!

Feels like it should last also, definitely recommend!

TeckNet® M002 Nano Wireless Mouse,6 Buttons,18 Month Battery Life,2000 DPI 3 Adjustment Levels-Grey
Offered by Hippidion.Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on for the price!, 26 Jun. 2015
For the price this deserves 5 Star, however it isn't quite premium quality in terms of feel/comfort and in general doesn't give have that premium feel. But then, why would it? It cost less than £10

Prior to this I have used the Microsoft 3500 and Logitech 185 which both cost the same sort of money and it's a close call between this and the Microsoft for my favourite. However, the middle button has stopped working on my Microsoft after just 6 months of use so guess we'll see how this holds up!

So yeah: don't expect too much but for £10 this is spot on and I'll probably keep using it for over a year until I finish Uni and find myself a well-paid job to buy something a little premium!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff!, 16 Feb. 2015
I've previously bought this from my Barbers for about the same price so was nice and easy to just order it online.

Product itself is great, I'd recommend using it with Hairspray just to get a more holding position but generally a hard product to fault!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4