Profile for Ian Wall > Reviews

Content by Ian Wall

Ian Wall (Poole, UK)

Bluetooth Music Receiver. LAYEN i-DOCK Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo Audio Adapter with Multi-Pair (Pair Two Devices!) & aptX (Superior Sound!) Turn your Docking Station/ Stereo Bluetooth. Stream Music Wirelessly from Your Bluetooth Transmitting Device; iPod, iPhone, iPad, Smartphone, Tablet, MP3 Player, PC, Laptop etc. Works with Amazon Echo / Echo Dot (Not Suitable for Cars - See Below)
Offered by LAYEN

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing. Works like a charm., 13 Jan. 2015
I tried asking LAYEN on their website whether I needed this one or an i-SYNC with no reply so I just ordered one anyway.

Works perfectly with original Orbitsound sound bar and a tesco DAB radio, using i-Phone and Galaxy S4. What a great bit of kit!

BalanceFrom High Accuracy Premium Digital Bathroom Scale with 3.6" Extra Large Backlight Display
Offered by BalanceFrom UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 23 Jun. 2014
Having suffered the annoyance of some other scales for several years - they invariably sat there for ages and then came up with an error message, these just work every time with no hassle.

They just work, and a great price too. What more can you ask for?

Optimum Time OS 121 Watch BLACK
Optimum Time OS 121 Watch BLACK

3.0 out of 5 stars Functions well but strap is weak point., 19 July 2013
On the plus side I've had two of these now, and both of them are still working and have done the job perfectly well, the sync button being particularly useful.

On the other hand I can't use either of them now because the strap has failed in exactly the same place on both - just where the buckle sits, and you can't replace the strap. Otherwise, I'd give it 5 stars.

Philips SpotOn LED Motion Sensor Hands Free Light, White, One-Pack
Philips SpotOn LED Motion Sensor Hands Free Light, White, One-Pack

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably good,but.., 18 Sept. 2012
I decided to try one of these to use on my boat, and at £4.99 seems like a bargain. As usual arrived the next day, no problem there, but when I tried the light it didn't work.

I quickly discovered one of the batteries was dodgy. Seeing as it only cost £4.99 that doesn't bother me too much, but I thought I'd email Amazon and see if they would send me a new AAA battery.

I was mildly amused to see that the only option they could offer was to print out a label, pack it up, send it back, get a refund, order a new one (now at £5.99) and then contact them again for a £1 goodwill refund.

Surely it would have been easier, not to mention cheaper, to send me a new battery?

Otherwise, it seems to do the job.

Silverline 427552 Soldering Iron Stand Base, 85 x 125 mm
Silverline 427552 Soldering Iron Stand Base, 85 x 125 mm
Offered by tooltime uk ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 7 Aug. 2009
Arrived quickly and does what I wanted at a good price. The sponge is a bit thin but ok. The diameter of the inner part of the stand is around 1/2 in, so may be a big big for smaller soldering irons.