Profile for T. Satchwell > Reviews

Content by T. Satchwell

T. Satchwell (A Tower in the Heart of London.......)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Leather Hide Food (Beelan) 250g
Leather Hide Food (Beelan) 250g
Offered by TradePlus

4.0 out of 5 stars It certainly brought up the surface with a nice subtle sheen, 29 Aug. 2014
Bought this to try and clean up a bit of a smelly old leather jacket...and it seemed to help.
The food works into the leather applied with a rag. It certainly brought up the surface with a nice subtle sheen.
It doesn't smell to bad either.....and did help some way to neutralising the existing odour.

C H Hanson 10068 1-inch Letters/ Numbers Brass Stencils Set (45 Pieces)
C H Hanson 10068 1-inch Letters/ Numbers Brass Stencils Set (45 Pieces)

4.0 out of 5 stars Read some good and bad reviews of these stencils, 29 Aug. 2014
Read some good and bad reviews of these stencils...but I found them pretty easy to use ..once you get the knack of sliding them together. As another reviewer mentioned...they don't lie flat on the surface...I am using spray paints so use something to push it down flush against the artwork or whatever.
If you want to make up longer word strings...you might hit the problem of needing two letters ..and you only get one of each. Overall ..pretty pleased with these

Vax Air Silence C86-AW-Be Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner [Energy Class A]
Vax Air Silence C86-AW-Be Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner [Energy Class A]

4.0 out of 5 stars Eddie Vortex....!, 29 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very light vacuum cleaner..and so much easier to handle than our still faithful "Henry". Putting it together..I wondered if the build might be a little flimsy....but so far so good.
The suction power is very good..I was impressed with cleaning on carpets and our wooden floors. There are a few tools as well as the usual wide brush...and these are all useful ....and fairly obvious what they do....you not overwhelmed by choices !!
The on off switch I found a little inconsistant....pressed and nothing happened...but there is a "knack".
Great having a seethrough collection tube..no bags to muck about with...and you can really see who the guilty party is.....er hem....Pussy Cat..!!
It is of course...much quieter than others.......and this adds to the pleasure...yes pleasure of use!
So a few points....the hose is a little shorter than some...but no big deal....the other thing is that the collection "jar" has a handle on it to lock into position...it is tempting to pick the cleaner up with that..rather than the actual carry handle..which is on the rear of the cleaner. If you pick up with the wrong handle...the collection jar detaches itself...again a minor point I guess...and I'll get it in my head eventually!
So far very impressed, particularly with the ease of use.

Squat City Rocks: protopunk and beyond. a musical memoir from the margins
Squat City Rocks: protopunk and beyond. a musical memoir from the margins
by Richard Dudanski

5.0 out of 5 stars Keys to Your Heart Heart, 28 Aug. 2014
I'm sorry...I bought this because of the Clash connection....but this is so much more...reading the "musical" bits...I realised how much "snakehips" had an impact on my listening pleasure. I was in the wrong place in thr wrong time to get to see the 101'ers....but through the joe strummer connection I caught up years later. But I was a big fan of PIL and the metal box album is part of the "Post Punk Legend"...and it truely is a classy groundbreaking album with Mr D drumming on some tracks. Then.....I was a fan of basement 5.....and low and behold Mr D turns up again on drumming duties..saw them on the Ian Dury tour with Wilko in blockheads....great night two great bands.
I digress....oh...but then there was the Raincoats.....
So not just the musical bits that are interesting for me..there is a lot of background about the squatting scene of the 70's..and it seems extraordinary now that there was so much un-used housing back in the day...and how whole communities developed from that scene....something pretty lacking in todays society I fear.
Also I have to admire the non materialistic life style of the time.....I understand by necessity not design..but sometimes I wonder if there is too much "stuff" around ....said he surrounded by shelves of music biogs and cd's .......
I took this on my holidays to Spain...not Granada/Almeria this year.....but maybe that would have been a more suitable setting for the latter bits of the book.......Make Mine Majorca....this year.
I digress again.....there are some beautiful illustrations by Mr D's talented wife Esperanza.....they capture the time as well as any photograph.
So...to the Joe connection....just to say that despite Joes defection to punk rock ....there was a deep friendship between the two musicians...and Joe was generous in later years funding an album with Mr D and Tymon Dogg.
Enjoyed this very much...and for maybe some gritty related tales....Viv Albertine's book is definitely worth a read too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2015 8:20 PM BST

Exhibition [DVD]
Exhibition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Viv Albertine

5.0 out of 5 stars Nuts in May without the Nuts, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Exhibition [DVD] (DVD)
I enjoyed this film very much...VERY interestingly shot....sometimes I think the star of the film is the Spiral Staircase...some really beautiful camera shots. Artsistic!
What is so interesting is the lack of music/soundtrack throughout the film...and that is what marks this out as a "different" film.
I bought this as I heard a review, and I'm a fan of Viv Albertine...it is a little different !!to her role in Jubilee!!
But both the main actors are great...quirky relationship and a couple of eccentric artists.
THis probably sounds strange...but after watching it...it felt a bit like the "Nuts In May" TV film from the 70's...but the two actors are not quite as Nutty...perhaps its just the eccentricty of the couple...but well...thats my ten pence worth

Oral-B Pro 600 CrossAction Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush powered by Braun
Oral-B Pro 600 CrossAction Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush powered by Braun

4.0 out of 5 stars This gives good results., 11 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This gives good results...a nice good clean brushing. On the down side...it is a noisy toothbrush...and has quite a kick.
Quite light in the hand.
I reviewed a Philips sonic a while back,http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JPIKC56
and this Braun doesn't quite come up to the same standard. Really because of the quiet operation and lightness in the hand.
Battery life is good, as are most of these electric brushes.

Dr. Marten's 1460 Original, Unisex-Adults' Boots, Cherry Red, 8 UK
Dr. Marten's 1460 Original, Unisex-Adults' Boots, Cherry Red, 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr Martens Dr Martens Dr Martens Boots!, 11 Aug. 2014
Love DM's ....and these seem to be of good qulaity, and love the cherry red colour. What you need to be aware of possibly when buying is that sizes are bigger than actual foot size. Most of my shoes and boots are size 9. I got a pair of these size nine a few years ago...and they were very big and loose. So I have gone for a size down ..and these are fine. Difficult to judge when buying mail order..and different countries of manufacture seem to operate with a strange tape measure not in proper inches!!
But all round TOP boots

Digitech XBC Bass Chorus
Digitech XBC Bass Chorus

3.0 out of 5 stars The pedal does produce a good chorus effect, 11 Aug. 2014
The pedal does produce a good chorus effect...it was reasonably priced and so I took a chance with it. I have no complaints with the sound at all....but my issue is the insane battery life. It just seems to eat battery power.
Probably best to get a power supply for this..which unfortunately will push up the cost, and flexibility of using it on stage
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2015 7:37 AM BST

Philips YS527/17 Click and Style 2-in-1 Shave and Stubble
Philips YS527/17 Click and Style 2-in-1 Shave and Stubble
Offered by Retail-ABC - VAT Registered

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit of a Let Down, 11 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This seemed like a nice lighter razor, and trimmer...and I have had Philips razors before. Initially was pretty pleased with the results...although the two rotating heads seemed a little under requirements! I am used to the triple head models.
The bad news is that when I was cleaning it, one of the heads came apart, and doesn't reallt fit back together properly. The twin head set up is actually a bit flimsy, and I don't find this shaver very efficient. I can't really recommend it very highly. I haven't tried the stubble trimmer...I'm not really a "stubble" man!!!

Belkin USB 2.0 Fast Ethernet Adapter 10/100Mbps for Macbook/Ultrabooks
Belkin USB 2.0 Fast Ethernet Adapter 10/100Mbps for Macbook/Ultrabooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gadget, 14 Jun. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for work...I am "in" IT Support..and with the increasing number of our staff getting sexy light and slim laptops...which don't have proper wired network ports..this is an essential piece of kit for me.
Have used it on a laptop and a mac air...and it works just fine. There was no need to install any of the supplied drivers on the CD
Not much else I can say....except maybe one of these should be included with all these type of laptops for a while yet...it is still necessary to connect via Ethernet cable....even in todays wireless world.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20