Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for Valerie A Reeves > Reviews

Content by Valerie A Reeves

Valerie A Reeves

The Magic Door
The Magic Door
by Dan Billany

5.0 out of 5 stars The Magic Door - Its Magic has last a Lifetime for me., 7 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Magic Door (Hardcover)
My friend and I discovered The Magic Door at our library and were captivated immediately. Most of the modern books written for young girls then (the early 1950s) were set in boarding schools to which we could not relate. Mr Rocket and his class of unruly boys in The Magic Door was real life - we were at school with children like that. Not so sure about the teachers!
Many years later we discovered that the book was was set in Hull, our home town, and that Dan Billany was a local man. We decided to research Dan's life and eventually published his biography : Dan Billany, Hull's Lost Hero. Read it and find out about Dan's remarkable life, his huge talent and mysterious death.
I still dip into The Magic Door from time to time with great enjoyment.

Hull Pals: 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th (Service) Battalions of the East Yorkshire Regiment - A History of the 92nd Infantry Brigade, 31st Division, 1914-19
by David Bilton

5.0 out of 5 stars Hull Pals - World War I, 9 Sept. 2013
I already had a copy of this book, which I find extremely useful for research. A friend wanted his own copy (after borrowing mine), so I bought it for him. He is delighted. Very prompt service. No complaints at all, only praise.