Profile for Mrs Non Smoker > Reviews

Content by Mrs Non Smoker

Mrs Non Smoker "Amanda in Kent" (UK)

Ex-Pro® Japanese Style Square LED Fairy String Lights, Battery Powered, Ambient Warm White LEDs. Bedroom / Living Decorative lighting.
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 May 2016
Very pleased thank you

How To Be a Woman
How To Be a Woman
by Caitlin Moran

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 May 2016
This review is from: How To Be a Woman (Paperback)
Excellent condition thank you

All That Glitters (Geek Girl, Book 4)
All That Glitters (Geek Girl, Book 4)
by Holly Smale

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm 50 something and I love these books - like the way they are written ..., 22 Sept. 2015
I'm 50 something and I love these books - like the way they are written in short sentences/chapters for my daughter (and me!)

Chestnut Street
Chestnut Street
by Maeve Binchy

3.0 out of 5 stars I keep reading each story hoping that I'll understand the ..., 22 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Chestnut Street (Paperback)
I keep reading each story hoping that I'll understand the "message" but basically its a bit depressing. Never read Maeve Binchy before!

I am gone
I am gone

1.0 out of 5 stars Hated it - sorry!, 23 July 2014
This review is from: I am gone (Kindle Edition)
Sorry I hated this, I actually found it gratuitous. I got it as there was meant to be a twist in the tale, thank god it was only cheap.

Tutu - Black with Diamante Stones
Tutu - Black with Diamante Stones

5.0 out of 5 stars not sure its a toy but it is fab, 31 Oct. 2011
Loved this - would have fitted a teenager/young adult - very well made well worth the money, stones are well attached, net is stiff and not tacky. Very pleased.

The Complete Yes Prime Minister: The Diaries of the Right Hon.James Hacker
The Complete Yes Prime Minister: The Diaries of the Right Hon.James Hacker
by Jonathan Lynn

1.0 out of 5 stars Good book but print is too small, 4 Nov. 2010
Not a comment on the content, but I had to return this paperback copy as print was too small - was originally published as a 2 volume hardback - personally I would attempt to buy the hardbacks second hand.

The Rabbit's Laid an Egg, Miss!: Life as a London Headteacher
The Rabbit's Laid an Egg, Miss!: Life as a London Headteacher
by Mike Kent

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterful!, 21 May 2010
I loved this. I am a parent who was looking for insights into how schools work and how teachers think. It made me wish my children could go to his school. Quite a few laugh out loud moments, only criticism was its too short - more!! Recommended.

Paper Fashions Fantasy (Klutz)
Paper Fashions Fantasy (Klutz)
by The Editors of Klutz
Edition: Spiral-bound

2.0 out of 5 stars More fiddly than fun, 21 May 2010
My 9 year old found this impossible to put together, tiny fiddly bits, once opened you need a box to store it all in and the tiny dabs of glue you are meant to use to put it together were so delicate I felt like we were trying to make the Taj Mahal out of matchsticks. We've resorted to using the cut outs etc to stick into a scrap book. I bought two and kept one back, now I am thinking could I give the second one away as a gift?!

Sorry, we were very disappointed.

Helping Children with Low Self-Esteem & Ruby and the Rubbish Bin: Set: AND Ruby and the Rubbish Bin (Helping Children with Feelings)
by Margot Sunderland
Edition: Spiral-bound

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, shame about the illustrations, 29 Oct. 2009
My children were shocked by the illustrations which are crude and discomforting. Also the happy ending depending on the child finding an adult who made them feel special. So is that the only way to help kids with their self esteem? Pity, but mine hated the books.