Profile for N. L. Thompson > Reviews

Content by N. L. Thompson

N. L. Thompson "Moderations in all things, including moderation." (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Fractured
Fractured

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
I borrowed this book from the kindle library. The story line hooked me from the very beginning, the subtle clues as to what was going on were just enough to keep me wondering without giving the game away.

This is Dani Atkins debut as an author I have read elsewhere. Full marks to her for a book well written and a plot that kept me intrigued until the final page.

Damocles
Damocles

5.0 out of 5 stars I was hooked from the first page, 8 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Damocles (Kindle Edition)
Sci fi technonerds may fuss at the technical aspects of space travel, but this story is about so much more than that. The aliens have arrived and they are us. I can see so many parallels in our own world where two groups try to find a way of communicating when they share no common history and no common life experiences. More than anything this was a story of hope and of love.

I know a good book when I reach the end and I want the story to continue. I want to know what happens next. Is the final message ever translated? How does this world change as a result of their alien Urfer encounter?

I am very glad I read Damocles, it has touched me quite deeply.

Bloodfire (Blood Destiny Book 1)
Bloodfire (Blood Destiny Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A slow start but quickly became engaging, 11 May 2013
I thought Bloodfire was a bit slow in the first few pages, but from there it quickly caught me up in the story. A major point for me is that I have to like the main character. Mack is the sort of woman I would like to have as a friend, and I would definitely want to have by my side or watching my back in times of trouble.

Another tell for me is how I feel at the end of the story. A good tale saddens me at the end because I am reluctant to leave. By the end of Bloodfire, I wanted to remain in that world a little bit longer. So I'm off now to find the next book in the series.

SKK Premium Plus  Sauté Pan, 28x7.5cm
SKK Premium Plus Sauté Pan, 28x7.5cm

5.0 out of 5 stars A saute pan that will last a lifetime, 6 May 2013
I have 2 SKK products, this sauté pan and a deeper stew pot. I bought these over 10 years ago and they are still working as good as the day I bought them. These were definitely worth the investment!

I have reviewed the SKK sauté pan further plus provided links to some of my favourite recipes for foods I have cooked using this pan. [...]

I use this cookware 7 days a week trying to keep up with the hungry demands of 2 growing boys. What I especially love is that I can transfer dishes from the cooktop into the oven. Freeing me to do other things outside of the kitchen.

And clean up is a cinch. No hard scrubbing, no burnt on bits. Even on those days when I don't get the pan washed the same day, next day - it washes clean just as quickly, without soaking.

I've never had a problem with the non-stick coating, unlike some teflon coated brands which flake leaving nasty bits in your food.

If you're wondering if you can afford a full set, just buy one. Yes, you could buy something cheaper, but if you have to replace it every 2 years, or 5 years, then you haven't really saved any money.

If you are thinking about getting the SKK pan, do.

Blood Bound: Mercy Thompson, book 2
Blood Bound: Mercy Thompson, book 2

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantasy escape, 10 April 2013
I enjoy reading contemporary fantasy but quickly grow bored if the author presents a sequence of sex scenes interspersed with a minor attempt at a plot line. I've come across the Mercy Thompson books before but didn't pick one up to read until recently. I was pleasantly surprised to find a well written story. I look forward to reading more of this series.

Two Old Fools on a Camel: From Spain to Bahrain and back again
Two Old Fools on a Camel: From Spain to Bahrain and back again

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent storyteller, 24 Feb. 2013
Vicky Twead is a gifted storyteller. With her words she is able to bring her world to life. I sat in the bus beside Vicky as she travelled to and from ASS (Where All Students Succeed), experienced every moment of joy and of fear, and for just the brief moment in time was able to forget my own troubles as I immersed myself in this book.

Thank you, Vicky. I look forward to reading of your next adventure.

Yogi Tea Choco 8 Pack
Yogi Tea Choco 8 Pack
Offered by Superfood Market

5.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate taste without chocolate calories, 22 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Yogi Tea Choco 8 Pack (Grocery)
I love sitting down and sipping a cup of Yogi Choco Spice tea when the cravings for chocolate hit. I get just the right taste of chocolate, without it adding to my waistline. Yogi Tea Organic Choco Spice 15 Bags (Pack of 8)

Wicked Appetite
Wicked Appetite
by Janet Evanovich

5.0 out of 5 stars A good fun read, 22 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Wicked Appetite (Hardcover)
Fans of Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series will love this new heroine. If you giggled your way through Stephanie's exploits and troubles with men, you'll be rolling in the aisle and getting strange looks from reading about Lizzy.

I happened upon this book while wandering through a book store and I am very glad I decided to buy it. I figured out early on in reading that this would be a series of books. 7 stones to collect, 7 books.

I am really curious now as to what the previous relationship is between Diesel and Carl, and what relationship there is between Lizzy's Aunt Ophelia and Diesel & Wulf's Aunt Sophie.

Wicked Appetite is my current Hot Chocolate read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2010 2:54 PM GMT

:SKK, Premium Plus Deep Stewpot and Lid, 24x12cm
:SKK, Premium Plus Deep Stewpot and Lid, 24x12cm

5.0 out of 5 stars A lifetime investment, 31 July 2010
I love my SKK stewpot. I would love to have more from the SKK range. My SKK remains just as good today as it was when I first used it over 6 years ago. Given the amount of use I get from this pan, and from the SKK saute pan I own, it has well and truly paid for itself several times over and was well worth the investment. It's reliable, durable, heats evenly, and is easy to clean. I fully expect to still be using this pot in 20 years time.

Page: 1 | 2