Profile for Zaphood > Reviews

Content by Zaphood

Zaphood

Page: 1 | 2
How to Read Your Opponents' Cards: Bridge Experts' Way to Locate Missing High Cards
by Michael Lawrence

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Bridge books I have bought recently, 4 Oct. 2015
One of the best Bridge books I have bought recently, has given me a better insight into the game and certainly improved results. Highly recommended.

Rieker Mirjam Women's Pump Grey/whitegrey/whitedust UK 7.5 , 41EU
Rieker Mirjam Women's Pump Grey/whitegrey/whitedust UK 7.5 , 41EU

5.0 out of 5 stars these fit like a glove and are super comfy, 4 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Rieker Mirjam Women's Pump (Shoes)
Wow, these fit like a glove and are super comfy. Also look amazing on the foot.

Geox William Q, Boys' Loafers, Black, 7 UK
Geox William Q, Boys' Loafers, Black, 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Oct. 2015
Great school shoes, well made, would buy again.

The Wednesday the Rabbi Got Wet
The Wednesday the Rabbi Got Wet
by Harry Kemelman
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Oct. 2015
Love it, have now read the entire week. Good, fast service.

Speedo Boys' Printed Leisure 15" Watershort Print 21 - Navy/Baja Blue, XL
Speedo Boys' Printed Leisure 15" Watershort Print 21 - Navy/Baja Blue, XL

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice item. It would be helpful if the manufacturer ..., 4 Oct. 2015
Nice item. It would be helpful if the manufacturer gave some indication what age the sizes correspond to. I ordered L and they fit my 11-year-old nicely, but it was just a lucky guess.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2015 6:08 PM BST

Desigual Women's LEGGING_NAVY 100 DEN Leggings, Blue (navy 5000), Large (Manufacturer size: DE L / FR L)

2.0 out of 5 stars asked specifically whether all were like that, was told that the others were not ..., 4 Oct. 2015
This is the second pair of Desigual leggings I have bought, they are comfy and well made. The problem with this particular model, however, is that part of the design is missing and it doesn't look the same as in the photo. I returned the first faulty item, asked specifically whether all were like that, was told that the others were not faulty, consequently ordered again, just to get the very same faulty item for the second time.

k2-accessories 100 pieces 8mm Millefiori Glass Flat Round Beads - Mixed - B0020
k2-accessories 100 pieces 8mm Millefiori Glass Flat Round Beads - Mixed - B0020
Offered by k2-accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks better than picture, 25 April 2015
Really good value for money, product looks a lot better than the picture suggested, really shiny and pretty

Batterytec®UK Replacement battery for Apple MacBook Pro 17' A1297 A1309 661-5037 661-5037-A 661-5535

1.0 out of 5 stars Created as much heat as the old one and did ..., 15 Oct. 2014
Created as much heat as the old one and did not last longer than 90 min. Then after three months it died completely and would not charge at all

All My Friends are Superheroes
All My Friends are Superheroes

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat, 4 Aug. 2014
Neat little idea and certainly made we wonder what superpower I and the people around me have.

Pantheon
Pantheon

2.0 out of 5 stars Not angry, just disappointed, 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Pantheon (Kindle Edition)
Unfortunately I have to agree with most of the negative reviews of Sam Bourne's latest work. I had read Mr Bourne's (Freedland's) other books and found them perfectly passable but this one is a disappointment on a number of levels.(Spoiler alert!)
1) The main character is not engaging and while I vaguely sympathised with him, I found him infuriating and inconsistent.
2) The repetitive nature of the declaration of Dr Zennor's love for his wife and child really got on my nerves. It reminded me of the old adage about good movies "Don't tell me, show me". By repeating the same sentiment over and over the author did not make it more true of make me believe it more I simply felt a sensation of "I get it, now get on with it".
3) And this is my biggest bugbear is that the author judges writings and opinions of the early 20th century with the knowledge and sensitivities of the 21st century. We all understand that the Third Reich has altered the perception of eugenics irreversibly, but tarring everybody who saw this as an interesting idea in 1905 with the same brush as the people who sent millions to their death is at best lazy and at worst intentionally misleading. One major plotpoint is also based on a flawed logic that war is a way of weeding out the inferior subjects from a society. This would be vaguely true if the war would be fought in individual hand-to-hand combat but bombs don't differentiate between the capable and the unworthy.

Page: 1 | 2