Profile for P. Morl > Reviews

Content by P. Morl

P. Morl "banditloon" (Walton on Thames, Surrey)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot better than the standard, 8 May 2006
I bought a Canon 75-300mm f4 lens with my 350D in December. I liked the lens but it was slow!! A couple of months later I got my first USM lens and decided to upgrade my 300 lens to the USM.

It's a lot faster than the standard, but can be slow focusing in low light conditions. When the light is right this is a good lens for amatuer photographers, good build quality and does the job well.

3 months of using the USM lens and I've had no problems. I'll be trading it in soon for either a 70-200 f2.8 or 300mm prime lens soon, but this has served it's purpose well.

Canon Pixma MP500 Photo All-in-One with LCD Viewer
Canon Pixma MP500 Photo All-in-One with LCD Viewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice piece of kit, 8 May 2006
I've had my printer for just over a month now, and it is performing well.

Easy to download all the drivers and software onto my PC & Laptop. USB cable plugged in, even though the printer doesn't come supplied with one. Power on, and I was printing. I've had no problems printing from my laptop(s) or desktop PC.

All functions work fine. B&W prints come off quick and the software remembers which paper draw to print from. That was easy to set up, plain A4 paper placed in the paper feed at the back of the printer and photopaper placed (and stored) in the cassette.

I've printed off some full, borderless A4 photo prints for my portfolio and I am impressed with the quality of the prints. I've had a few printed off from an internet site on professional laser printers, and the prints from the MP500 are not far off the same quality.

The printing software is easy to use, just select what JPEG files you wish to print, pictures can be edited on the same programme (cropped, brightness, contrast ect), select your paper type and size and the quality of the print. Easy!!!

I have yet to try the CD label print option, but no doubt soon I'll be trying this out.

Copying, this is as simple as printing. Two buttons on the top of the MP500, one for colour copy and one for B&W. How can you go wrong??

The LCD shows all the functions you need. Menu's are easy to navigate. Easy to change the quality of copies, prints, paper size on the menu with the keys.

The photo card slots are nice tucked away under a side cover, and with CF cards is easy accessable. Straight forward options and easy to print from. I haven't used this much as most of my pictures are edited on my PC before printing. The infared works fine to. Printing from my K750i was easy. Switch on the printer, send the file be infared and the picture prints automatically.

Build quality is excellent. It does take up a large ammount of desk space, but what do you expect from an all in one printer, copier. The MP500 runs rings around my old HP D145, even with the lack of a copier feed, this is a great bit of kit.

My MP500 is about to run out of colour ink, but I have printed off over 100, high resolution A4 photo's for work.

All in all, I'll get back my money on this soon. It is a bit of a dust magnet, but it's black and it does the job well. I am impressed with this printer.