Profile for Abbas Turner > Reviews

Content by Abbas Turner

Abbas Turner

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung S22B300HS 21.5 inch Widescreen LED Monitor - Gloss Black (1920 x 1080 Full HD, 5ms, HDMI/VGA)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen, 23 Jun. 2014
This screen has been absolutely flawless in the time that I had it. It has moved onto a new owner now, but from what I can remember, it connected perfectly first time and has worked non-stop since. Great picture, good brightness and amazing clarity for playing both PC and console games. Good refresh rate so there was no noticeable lag . Solid Buy. 5/5.

JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Earphones
JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Earphones

3.0 out of 5 stars Great at the time, and good for the price if wanting bass centric earphones., 23 Jun. 2014
These were bought as a replacement for the nokia headphones that came with my old phone. At the time I was not massively into my music and didnt care too much about the quality of sound as long as it had enough "warmth" to it. These fitted the bill. A very bassy sound signature that can leave the mids and highs sounding very thin. The bass however is not tight and clean as you would expect, it is quite muddy and can distort if you push the volume up high enough. At the time, this was not an issue for me as i did not really pay too much attention to what was going on in the lower registers, as long as the tune came accross. However, for the price, there is not too much to fault. Other than the aforementioned bass, there is not much negative to say about these. Good build quality on both cables and earphones (though they are a bit plasticky and bulky), mids and highs, whilst thin, are accurate and have quite a realistic timbre, though can be pushed into distortion if the volume is high enough. But for the £12 that I paid for them, a resolutely good sounding phone, and one I would recommend to the average listener. 3/5.

DIGIFLEX Black Headset Headphone Microphone for Xbox 360
DIGIFLEX Black Headset Headphone Microphone for Xbox 360

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless. Only buy if needing cheap headset for short period of time., 23 Jun. 2014
Useless cheap headset - broke within 2 weeks of purchasing and could not get a refund due to the cheap price. Sound quality was also extremely poor, and kept cutting out. Avoid.

Sony Wireless Stereo Headset (PS3)
Sony Wireless Stereo Headset (PS3)
Offered by GB Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Flawless, but deserved of 5 stars., 23 Jun. 2014
Have had this headset for over 2 years now and in that time it has been absolutely flawless. Connected first time to both the PS3 and my laptop. Had to change a few settings on my laptop to get it sounding its best but after that, it was perfect. Sound quality at the time was very very good, and still is good, however recently I have purchased much more expensive dedicated headphones and can see the flaws in this as far as stereo music is concerned. Equally as far as the simulated surround sound goes, It is definintely not up to the level set by my recently installed home cinema, but then that is expected with the massive price difference between the two. Over the 2 years that these have been in use though, I have not had a single complaint about the sound quality. Footsteps have been heard in games such as call of duty, and the accompaning soundtrack to F1 has been gloriously portrayed through these. Not a single bad thing to say about that. Battery life has also been rather good, and much more than I was expecting, once even dealing with a 9 hour session without needing to be charged! Average life was between 7-10 hours from memory. All in all a great product. 5/5.

Curtina 'Harvard'  Pair or TiebacksPair of Tiebacks, Natural
Curtina 'Harvard' Pair or TiebacksPair of Tiebacks, Natural

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid tieback, 23 Jun. 2014
Worked perfectly with the Harvard curtains I have in my bedroom. As they were add ons for that order, i am not surprised. 5/5.

Faux Leather Black Mini Bean Bag Cube Footstool Pouffe
Faux Leather Black Mini Bean Bag Cube Footstool Pouffe

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, 23 Jun. 2014
Definitely not as advertised. The first one that was delivered to me had a rip in, and beads were falling out of them. This was returned and a new one sent out to me free of charge which was nice. The new footstool was delivered 2 days later and seemed in good condition. That was until it had endured 2 weeks of use. The middle of it had sagged so far, it was barely above the floor. Constant readjustments of the beads inside was needed, sometimes every 10 minutes which was not ideal. Finally after 3 months of moderate use, it had ripped again. I couldnt be bothered to purchase a replacement as I was so deflated by this experience. In my opinion, avoid this product. 1/5

Curtina 'Harvard'  Lined Eyelet Curtains 66x72" (168 x 183 cm), Chocolate
Curtina 'Harvard' Lined Eyelet Curtains 66x72" (168 x 183 cm), Chocolate
Offered by Terry's Fabrics

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice pair of curtains that were not too expensive at all!, 23 Jun. 2014
Not being into home decoration in the slightest, and just needing a pair of curtains to block out the light in my room, these seemed like the ideal purchase. After getting them delivered and fitting them, this proved to be the case. Thick enough to block out just enough light, and long enough to cover all of the window, I thought it was the perfect purchase. Until I noticed that the bottom of one of the curtains tapered severely, meaning that when closed, the bottom of the curtain looked like it was sloping. This wasnt a big deal to me though, and especially not for the £40 I paid for them. After two years of use, these are still in place and I don't even notice the slant any more. I would say a solid buy if, like me, you dont care too much about aesthetics. 4/5.

Tritton AX 180: Universal Gaming Headset (PS3/Xbox 360/PC/Mac)
Tritton AX 180: Universal Gaming Headset (PS3/Xbox 360/PC/Mac)
Offered by Gameseek

3.0 out of 5 stars Good headset for the casual gamer to hone their skills, 23 Jun. 2014
A solid headset. This was bought over 2 years ago now, and was still in use up until a few months ago. Have read many reviews about issues with build quality, however other than the foam on one of the earcups wearing (due to age im sure), I have had no problems with it. The Sound quality is however nothing better than average, and after purchasing more expensive equipment, this has been made even more obvious, however for the gamer looking for a cheap headset, you could do far worse than these tritton's. 3.5/5 from me.

Shadow Wave: Book 12 (CHERUB)
Shadow Wave: Book 12 (CHERUB)
by Robert Muchamore

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid ending to a fantastic series, 23 Jun. 2014
In my opinion, one of the best of the cherub books. Whether that be because the main protagonist James Adams was at an age that I could finally relate is questionable, however IMO, a solid ending to a character that I have followed since I was young. 5/5.

Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider)
Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider)
by Anthony Horowitz

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the better Alex Rider books, 23 Jun. 2014
Read this a long time ago now, but from what I can remember, it was one of the better books in the Alex Rider series. The whole premise of scorpia was always the most interesting, learning about a secret organisation that from one angle could seem like a ruthless almost terrorist organisation, and on the other, very similar to organisations around the globe, such as the CIA, MI5 etc. Good Read. 4/5.

Page: 1 | 2