Profile for Ms. C. B. Mead > Reviews

WE RISE
WE RISE
Offered by SmokeCDs

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 20 Feb. 2016
This review is from: WE RISE (Audio CD)
Any heavy rock fan who likes a whole album with no filler.... here it is. I'm not the most poetic reviewer..... so I'll just say this: I haven't gotten into an album for years (since In Waves!) and I've listened to this right through about 10 times over the last few weeks since I discovered it, because I am addicted.

Dizaul Mini LED RGB 6 LED Disco DJ Stage Lighting LED RGB Crystal Magic Ball Effect Light DMX Light KTV Party
Offered by ExpressUK

2.0 out of 5 stars Loved it but it just stopped working after a few ..., 18 Oct. 2015
Loved it but it just stopped working after a few weeks. Think they are just too fragile/flimsy. Very inconvenient, have to sort something else out for a halloween party now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2016 4:37 AM BST

Matrix of Power: Secrets of World Control: How the World Has Been Controlled by Powerful People Without Your Knowledge
by Jordan Maxwell

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT easy to read!, 7 Aug. 2010
How a previous reviewer can say this is easy to read is beyond me. The way the book is written is awful, it doesn't flow, it doesn't make sense and it repeats the same lines over and over. After 20 pages I think I am going to give up and look for another book on the subject.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2014 3:21 PM GMT

Hotel Giant (PC CD)
Hotel Giant (PC CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, 18 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Hotel Giant (PC CD) (Video Game)
I have Vista Home Basic and it works a treat for me!
And it's NOT complicated to use.
It IS very addictice, beware!

This Is A Fix
This Is A Fix
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good album!!!, 8 Oct. 2008
This review is from: This Is A Fix (Audio CD)
I wont lie to you, I bought their first album and totally hated it.
I love this album however, and really felt I should write a review upon seeing the unfair average rating this has received so far.
The guy that did the ridiculous screaming on the first album has gone - and so has the rubbish song writing.
I am not the kind of person who judges music by lyrics (unless they are glaringly awful like 'I am a mountain, I am the sea'), so maybe I am wrong in saying that the lyrics on this album are totally inoffensive. I am sure I am not wrong in saying that this album is jam packed with well written, catchy, melodic rock songs that you wont want to skip.

The Crusade
The Crusade

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible lyrics, 18 July 2008
This review is from: The Crusade (Audio CD)
I was never a massive Trivium fan, but thought that Ascendancy was a very good album.
I bought this one as I also kinda liked the first two singles, which looking back was very much in a pop music sense, rather than music to take seriously and really get into.
I really can't stress enough how awful the lyrics are on this album. I found them quite embarassing, the kind of music you wouldn't want anyone else to hear you listening to. Lyrics like 'for you honour, you will slaughter, every one of your daughters' and 'a coffin made of your deceptions' are all too much for me to bear. Not to mention the track 'This World Can't Tear Us Apart'. Cheesy.
The music itself is quite .... empty in comparison to Ascendancy too.
I give it two starts as some of the melodies are great, but apart from that, not good.

See You On The Other Side
See You On The Other Side

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy on the strength of Twisted Transistor!, 27 Sept. 2006
I really have to say, I have given this album several chances, the latest being this week. And I am sorry, but it really just is NOT good. The only song I think is worth a listen is Twisted Transistor. And a good album, to me, should only have a maximum of two weak tracks.

There just seems to be no real tune in there. No memorable melody, no rhythm.

I cant exactly put my finger on it. If you think of the album 'Issues', think of how many amazingly catchy tracks there are on there! That album took me no time to get into.

In summary, the majority of tracks on here are weak.

I am off to buy Untouchables, I can think of 5 amazing tracks straight off from that album, an album I never got round to buying!

In Distortion We Trust
In Distortion We Trust

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight up heavy rock 'n' roll ! Metal 'n' roll??, 25 Sept. 2005
This review is from: In Distortion We Trust (Audio CD)
Never before have I heard such a thing. Straight up ROCK. How it should be. Heavy! Ok it has metally aspects, like the growly bit in 'In Distortion We Trust' which I LOVE! Great tune, and Losing the Game, Bad Hangover (my personal athem, thanx ladies, lol) and Play Me Hard. The heaviness of it could put it in the category of Metal. I can't think of anyone to compare them to, coz this is just special and unique.
Get it, they will rock your world.

Desensitized
Desensitized
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Sinner, 28 Feb. 2005
This review is from: Desensitized (Audio CD)
The songs on this album are very well written, unlike Sinner, the bands first album. I hated the repetitive choruses. The music overall is heavier too, more 'metal'. There are some shouty vocals at times too, which adds passion, I think.
For those of you who haven't heard Sinner, if you like bands such as Soil and Godsmack as I do, you should go ahead and click 'Add to basket'.

Sinner
Sinner
Offered by RAREWAVES

2.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive choruses hard to get into, 21 Feb. 2005
This review is from: Sinner (Audio CD)
The 2 stars are for the music, as this is my style.
It only gets 2 stars overall because of the awfully repetitive lyrics in the choruses. Examples:
'All over me, all over me, all over me, all over me'
'Pity me pity me, dont you pity me, pity me pity me, dont you pity me'
'Reminded of you, reminded of you, reminded of you, reminded.'
Get the picture yet?
If you were thinking of buying this, I would urge you to buy Desensitized instead, because it is amazing. That album gets 5 stars from me. Dont mean to speak ill of the dead mind you. R.I.P.

Page: 1 | 2