Profile for cch > Reviews

Content by cch

cch

Garmin Edge 800 Touchscreen GPS Bike Computer Performance Bundle (discountinued by manufacturer)
Offered by You Want One

1.0 out of 5 stars It worked for 13 months (yes, 1 month past ..., 4 Aug. 2014
It worked for 13 months (yes, 1 month past end of warranty). Then I encountered a catalogue of problems, from the unit not showing on my PC, accessories unable to pair up, to 1:25000 map not showing despite being on the memory card, etc. Garmin initially 'offered' me a replacement for £75, so I let them know I was not impressed. Eventually they caved in and sent me a free replacement. This turned out to be refurbished unit. Weeks later, as I was charging it, it totally failed. I can no longer switch it off or do a master reset. That's £500 spent on unit, maps, heart rate monitor, cadence sensor, mounts, etc. To add insult to injury, their customer service is shocking - every solution put forward requiring a degree in IT. DO NOT BUY.

Natural World - Earth Pilgrim [DVD]
Natural World - Earth Pilgrim [DVD]
Dvd ~ Satish Kumar
Offered by RCDiscs

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, 5 Sept. 2008
I have been searching high and low for this 50 minute revelation that An Earth Pilgrim was when I first saw it. Satish Kumar communicates his wonder at and total respect for nature in ways that echoed deeply with my own, non-religious, belief system. If like me, you have the intuition that we should take more care of the planet we live on, but sometimes lack the ability to express it eloquently, you will find Satish tells it in a very powerful and beautiful way. He simply makes so much sense.