Profile for Legolas > Reviews

2013 A Song of Ice and Fire Calendar
by George R. R. Martin
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 20 April 2013
Marc Simonetti's drawings (I should even say paintings) are marvellous, but of course I had no doubt they would be since his covers of the first four books of ASOIAF are equally beautiful. It was totally worth the price.

Les Misérables: The Motion Picture Soundtrack [Digipak]
Les Misérables: The Motion Picture Soundtrack [Digipak]
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellente bande originale, 20 April 2013
Je ne connaissais absolument pas la comédie musicale (il faut dire que la version d'origine française n'avait pas rencontré de succès dans les années 1980, et la version anglophone ne s'est jamais jouée en France), mais évidemment je connaissais l'histoire, s'agissant de l'un des romans les plus populaires et connus en France. J'ai trouvé le film très bon, même si j'aurais aimé un peu moins de dialogues chantés. Les acteurs étaient impressionnants dans leurs interprétations vocales, particulièrement Anne Hathaway et Eddy Redmayne, ainsi que la petite fille jouant Cosette.
Tous les morceaux ne m'ont pas forcément convaincu, ou je ne les écoute pas forcément. Mais rien que pour I dreamed a dream, Castle on a cloud, Suddenly, Do you hear the people sing, Little fall of rain ou encore Empty chairs at empty tables, cette bande originale vaut vraiment le coup.

A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5)
A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5)
by George R. R. Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars A thrilling book, 13 Aug. 2011
I could not wait for the french translation of this book (2014 to get it entirely is too long), so I bought it on this site. At first, I'd like to say that it was a perfect transaction, the book was well-packed and the shipping really fast.
Then, it was a real pleasure to read it in the original form : the text is clear, without any difficulties of understanding. I was delighted to meet Tyrion, Jon or Daenerys again through my reading (I missed them in the previous book). The plot is still brilliantly written, the cliffhangers astonishing. When I finished it, I just wanted one thing : more !

Edit : I have to add something to my previous commentary : I started reading ASOIAF only in summer 2011, so I didn't have to wait six years to read it. As a result, I didn't feel tired of the story, I enjoyed it as much as the other books.