Profile for flossie > Reviews

Content by flossie

flossie

Page: 1 | 2
Cooks Professional Premium Automatic Electric LCD Display 1.5 Litre 60 Minute Ice Cream Maker Machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for weight watchers!!!, 30 May 2014
This is a solid machine which is quiet and easy to clean and it makes the most delicious ice cream. Haven't bought supermarket ice cream since. My machine only takes approx. 30 minutes to freeze. A tip" when the paddles stop going round, then the ice cream is ready. If you leave it after this time it continues to freeze rock hard and its almost impossible to get the paddle out. The basic recipe in the booklet is fool proof - now all we need is a decent summer to make the most of this machine.

Lipstains Gold Rose
Lipstains Gold Rose

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 20 April 2014
I thought these lipsticks (I purchased 2 - this one and Gold Silver Rose at the same time) would be the answer to my problem of lipsticks disappearing within a few hours. There is no complaint as far as longevity of colour is concerned; I found however that the colours deepened considerably and worse, bled quite spectacularly. My lower lip almost doubled in depth and looked awful. I had to use a lip liner to try to keep the colour in place but then the stain would remain and the lip liner would disappear during the course of the day so you had this 'lack of colour' line around the edge of your mouth but at least by then the lip stain had settled enough to stop spreading. A good idea that doesn't come off.

Mary Berry Cooks
Mary Berry Cooks
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars No excuse!, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Mary Berry Cooks (Hardcover)
I have known of Mary Berry's prowess for years but ashamed to say have never purchased a cookbook of hers. With the obvious media attention that she has enjoyed, deservedly so, I thought it was time I actually tried out her recipes. They are as honest as she comes across on the TV and I haven't produced a dud yet! Enjoy.

The Gateway To Watercolour
The Gateway To Watercolour
by Angela Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Now get started, 20 April 2014
Not being competitive I wanted to learn the fundamentals of painting in watercolour in the privacy of my home; this may be a little book but its big on tips and the exercises are well within a novice range and help boost ones confidence. I think you'll enjoy it.

Master it: How to cook today
Master it: How to cook today
by (Cookery teacher) Rory O'Connell

3.0 out of 5 stars Another cookbook!, 28 Aug. 2013
I'm really not sure what I was expecting - I just need to find some quiet time to actually read this little tome from cover to cover as the author has a marvellous reputation and I am sure if I give this book a chance I will uncover some gems.

The Overnight Diet: Start losing weight tonight and keep it off permanently
The Overnight Diet: Start losing weight tonight and keep it off permanently
by Dr Caroline Apovian

1.0 out of 5 stars Another wonder diet book, 28 Aug. 2013
Nothing special - actually I got thoroughly bored with it. Its off to the Charity Shop together with several others. For all of us overweight people we already know what to do - DON'T buy any more diet books for a start.

2 x WHEELBARROW HANDLE GRIPS RED 30MM SOFT GRIP MADE IN UK
2 x WHEELBARROW HANDLE GRIPS RED 30MM SOFT GRIP MADE IN UK
Offered by Keto Plastics Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 28 Aug. 2013
Never thought it could be so easy to find replacements for our wheelbarrow handle. They fitted perfectly without the need to warm them up before hand. Delivery was as promised and they arrive in perfect order. Highly recommended.

A
A

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Listening, 23 July 2013
This review is from: A (Audio CD)
Watched TV coverage on Agnetha making this recording. Her voice is as lovely and distinctive as ever. An enjoyable CD

Banish Clutter Forever: How the Toothbrush Principle Will Change Your Life
Banish Clutter Forever: How the Toothbrush Principle Will Change Your Life
by Sheila Chandra

5.0 out of 5 stars Spring is getting nearer, 26 Feb. 2013
Never was a better time to read this book. Yes, of course a lot of it is common sense but somehow seeing the suggestions in black and white seems to give you the kick start you need. Just start with one room at a time otherwise you're on a hiding to nothing. I enjoyed reading the book from cover to cover and then using it as a reference point. Decluttering shouldn't be viewed as the most enjoyable pastime but you are going to feel so much better when you stand at the door of a room recently sorted - positively euphoric.

Marvellous Meals with Mince
Marvellous Meals with Mince
by Josceline Dimbleby

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 26 Feb. 2013
Delighted to read this had been reprinted - my original was almost a health hazard! Don't panic, red meat haters, you'll find recipes for chicken, turkey and delicious salmon fish cakes - something for everyone and so simple. With the recent debacle on horse meat contamination there was never a better time to buy this book.

Page: 1 | 2