Profile for Mr. C. Lockerby > Reviews

Content by Mr. C. Lockerby

Mr. C. Lockerby (United Kingdom)

Operation Flashpoint Red River (Xbox 360)
Operation Flashpoint Red River (Xbox 360)
Offered by sellatronic

3.0 out of 5 stars Only just got it, 3 May 2011
I have only been playing this game for a few hours but i have noticed a few things
Firstly When the game actually starts your in the back of a Huumvee with your squad has anybody noticed that the Gunner holding the Squad Automatic Weapon is wearing a "Help for Heroes" Band
Good coding

Why oh why doed the Sgt have to keep swearing it just spoils the game
as for the rest i may update later

Max Value USB 2.0 to Widescreen SVGA Adapter (MV42431)
Max Value USB 2.0 to Widescreen SVGA Adapter (MV42431)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal solution for dual monitors for CarPc, 15 Feb. 2011
I have been building CarPc's for about 5 years and have always Dual touchscreen monitors one to run media and one to run Sat Nav

This was a perfect solution having already set the main output for my CarPc to run media i then added this unit and it ran straight out of the box i then installed multiple Touch screen driver otherwise any input on the usb monitor will register as an input for the main screen.
so now i have duel inputs and as the CarPc only runs on 12 volts both monitors will run video with no
hint of glitches

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats Vista, 22 Jan. 2011
I have rebuilt pc before Laptops,Desktops and Car Pc's when usually the hard drive fails
i have always bought a new HDD and Xp but now Windows 7 home Premium is about the same price and all on one disk i thought i would give it a try.
I had a 2 year old Acer base pc running Vista but it was getting slow and clogged up dispite numerous defrags and cleanups
and would take one and a half minutes to boot to internet explorer.
So i bought this and a new 160 gb HDD.

The installation couldnt have been easier it took 30 mins to install the new HDD and Windows 7 and get it to the main screen.
When i did previous instals it would take over an hour i peticully like the fact that its asks you if you would like authenticate "When" a internet connection is available this is handy as sometimes i dont have a hard wired connection as i sometimes use a wireless connection or a 3g
usb dongle.

Nokia DC-4
Nokia DC-4

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 29 July 2010
This review is from: Nokia DC-4 (Electronics)
I usually buy what i can afford but having bought cheap one from Supermarkets and had then fail within a few months.
I then looked on Amazon and found a Genuine Nokia at an unbelivable price,ok it wasnt in a fancy box so it saves on packaging and its been absolutly perfect.

Sniper Ghost Warrior (Xbox 360)
Sniper Ghost Warrior (Xbox 360)

2.0 out of 5 stars Major disappointment, 18 July 2010
I Was hoping for a upgrade on the old xbox sniper elite but was dissapointed.
I found a few thing really annoying.
Bad Points
1 You cant choose where you want to go its very linier there are plenty of walls, ladders and doors in the game but you cant use them you just end up jumping up and down so you cant always take a safer route,i know the mapping isnt unlimited but i dont want to go through a gate in the middle of a game when climbing over an adjacent wall would be more stealthy.

2 The radar in the top left of the screen is unessasary not very realistic unless you are equiped with a live digital upload from a passing unmanned drone.

3 The ai tango,s are very accurate and most of their weapons have no visual report so aquiring a target in a firefight is hard, even though you are in a ghillie suit if you stay absolutly still you would be hard to spot but if layup and a tango walks past he will spot you unlike the steathly field incursion in COD 4 where the tangos walk straight past you if you stay still.

4 The graphics are glitchy in places but this may be down to me playing on an old crt screen and not a lcd/plasma screen its hard to make out tangos as they blend in too well with their enviroment even though they are dressed in stadard DPM or Kharki
there is no defifnition between then and whatever they are standing by.

5 Not at all realistic i have tried to shoot through a tent but for some reason its bullet proof but the ai bullets can travel through rock,brick walls and steel walls.

6 This game seems to be set so that you have too follow a set route and only doing what its programmed for any deviation from this and you will die.
I sometimes would prefer to move through an area with out a fire fight but this does not seem to be available.

7 I also noticed that in the achivements file you get points for killing live stock " Not very stealthy " or useful as their presence does not seem to give your position away although i have yet to come across a dog yet
Good points
1 The scope reticle is very realistic albeit a bit blurred could just be my TV

2 The bullet cam is a nice touch just like Sniper elite just better executed.

3 The Game saves seem to come often and usually just before a hard part.

4 I do like the fact that its not just a sniper game and you do get a few fragfests with full auto machine guns.

I might edit this when i am further throught the game im only 38% through so far but im still going back to sniper elite i actually bought a xbox from Amazon just so i could play Sniper Elite

Clip on Universal Air Rifle Bipod
Clip on Universal Air Rifle Bipod
Offered by MR SERVICES PACKAGING-AIR RIFLE SUPPLIES

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Cheap and effective bipod, 20 Mar. 2010
This is ideal for air rifles especially break barrels as its easy to remove unlike bolt on units that cost 4 times as much. I also have a metal version but this will scratch the blueing on the barrel.
To affix this unit you just have to squeeze the legs to open the jaws and clamp it on the barrel it also has two tangs that will hold the legs together for storage and will easily fit into a gun slip.

Lilliput 619GL-70NP 7" touch screen LCD monitor
Lilliput 619GL-70NP 7" touch screen LCD monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 29 Nov. 2009
I have had one of these in my Land Rovers for over two years but not from this site.
I have moved it numerous times it now serves as my second screen in my Landie as i have now fitted a newer better Lilliput screen and not once has it failed to start and it certainly gets loads of abuse extreme temparatures it even fires up when i have had to scrape the inside of my windscreen.

Im not sure i agree with the comment about the stand being a bit flimbsy i have used it as a stand and now inverted and i have yet to break it and my Landie does go off road and it even withstands heavy landings when i have delibratly got it airborn.

So im sure you can buy with convidence

Fujifilm WP-FXF40 40m Underwater Housing For FinePix F40fd
Fujifilm WP-FXF40 40m Underwater Housing For FinePix F40fd

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love it, 22 May 2009
Im a Diving instructor with over a 1000 dives i have gone through a fair share of dive cameras from 35mm to very basic Digital then onto this Baby and this is the only one i feel confident enough to stick in my pocket and pull out when i need it without worrying about it flooding. This im sure is down to the fact that it is well constucted and the fact that it has two seals on the main door all my others i had only had one and some were poor quality seals at that.

Bipra USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE Adapter Kit with Power Adapter for 2.5/3.5/5.25 inch SATA or IDE Drive
Offered by Bipra Limited Number 1 Hard Drive Specialist

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Car pc unit, 22 May 2009
USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE Adapter Kit for 2.5/3.5/5.25 Inch SATA or IDE Drive with Power Adapter I have an in car pc that basically replaces the indash radio with a vga touchscreen monitor with a car pc hidden in the Vehicle.I use this just like you would a home pc so i can run music,dvd,videos,sat nav and mobile broad band with a car pc interface (ie big Buttons) and this is perfect as i can upload all my music,videos,pics and dvd at home then pop this into my one of my car pc usb sockets and play all the media on it.I am using a 2.5 id drive for this it also worked on a 3.5 ide but i could not get it to work with 2.5 Sata Drive, but thats probably my fault as im not fully mouse trained.

Griffin 1040-PMT PowerMate - USB Programmable Multimedia Controller
Griffin 1040-PMT PowerMate - USB Programmable Multimedia Controller
Offered by dureg Express UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 24 Nov. 2007
i purchased this so i could us it in my Land Rover to operate my car pc all i wanted it to do was volume up,down next track,previous track and mute, but after various installs of software it turns out it i can only next and previous if im running i tunes well i dont have an i pod i convert all my cds to mp3. If like me you tend to run multiple programmes i run my music on one on road gps on the next screen and off road gps on another screen i was hoping i could use this knob to work my media files whilst displaying my mapping programmes but it didnt. I have contacted griffin but i dont hold out much hope.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2008 6:24 AM GMT