Profile for KM > Reviews

Content by KM

KM "chrisma1000" (UK, Redhill)

Colombia's revival
Colombia's revival

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, 21 Dec. 2013
This is not a proper book. Many of my books have longer tables of contents than this 'book'.It's just a few pages.

Cool Camping: France: A Hand-Picked Selection of Exceptional Campsites and Camping Experiences
by Keith Didcock et al

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 17 May 2013
When I received this book I was initially a bit disappointed. Most sites mentioned here seemed to be inland and not in the areas I was interested in. But having spent some time with it I absolutely love it. The sites inland are incredibly tempting too especially if there are streams or rivers nearby. I did not want a listing of sites but something to woo and wow me. The photos are stunning, descriptions interesting and they give you a feel of each place. Yes, the amount of text means that the number of sites is quite limited but for me it is a great start. I can't wait. My only worry is that as a result some of these sites have now become much more popular and increased their fees considerably. It would be great to have a whole series with each book covering a different region of France. Surely, with such a vast number of sites there are hundreds more that are worth recommending.

EchoStar HDS-600RS SlingLoaded TV Anywhere Freesat+ HD digital TV recorder
EchoStar HDS-600RS SlingLoaded TV Anywhere Freesat+ HD digital TV recorder

3.0 out of 5 stars not impressed, 16 Nov. 2012
I decided to save some money and cancel my Sky TV subscription and worked out this box would quickly pay for itself. Once the box arrived I called Sky and when they heard I wanted to cancel they offered me 50% discount for Sky TV for a year. Hmm, a tough one, but I decided to keep the Echostar box although I did not seem to be saving as much as I had thought with the offer they were giving me now. Soon afterwards the device started to freeze and turning it off and on did not always work instantly. On a few occasions I oddly had to keep it off for hours. I did some research and discovered it was a common problem especially with ITV1 HD. It turned out to be the one that plagued me as well. In the end I decided to block it using parental controls to avoid tuning into it accidentally. The problems disappeared ... for a while. Since then the device froze a few time anyway.
It seems to have a mind of its one and sometimes switches Audio Description on which we don't need and find annoying.
What made me choose this box was mainly the fact that it has Slingbox which enables you to watch your recordings over the internet (as well as live TV). However, you need to bear in mind that you need a fast upload speed for the box to send it to your laptop and upload speeds are quite often 10 times slower than download speeds so think it over. It does not always seem to warn us that our recordings overlap and after watching a film for an hour we find out that we can't see the end! So overall, I am not impressed at all and would probably not buy this again but maybe try Humax or some other make.

Lillian Trasher: The Greatest Wonder in Egypt (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)
Lillian Trasher: The Greatest Wonder in Egypt (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)

5.0 out of 5 stars touching and inspiring, 19 May 2012
It is one of the most touching christian books I have ever read. It's an inspiring story about how God cared for the orphaned little ones and their faithful American mama in the 20th century Egypt.

NEW! Tenda W311U 150Mbps Wireless USB Adapter
NEW! Tenda W311U 150Mbps Wireless USB Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with Ubuntu 11.04, 4 Sept. 2011
I have just bought this dongle ( not on Amazon but it turns out it is cheaper here). It worked straight out of the box on Ubuntu 11.04. Just plugged it in and typed the password and that was it. Brilliant product.

Excel 2007 Step by Step (Step by Step (Microsoft))-with CD
Excel 2007 Step by Step (Step by Step (Microsoft))-with CD
by Curtis D. Frye

4.0 out of 5 stars changed review, 8 Nov. 2009
I solved the problem I mentioned below. I noticed others had it as well so here it is how I did it. I turned off internet for a few minutes, opened Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, security, lowered settings to medium and unticked 'enable protective mode'. Then I was able to install exercises, increased security settings in IE back to medium high which I had previously (including protective mode) and could turn internet back on.

I wish I had checked reviews on American Amazon before buying this. They are less favourable there and I can see why. The problem is that I mostly bought this book to use exercises from the enclosed CD. But when I try to instal it I get a message about script errors.

Miracles Among Muslims: The Jesus Visions
Miracles Among Muslims: The Jesus Visions
by Christine Darg

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring faith builder, 25 May 2009
This is a great book about people who living in countries dominated by Islam receive dreams and visions of Jesus. Some like Saul need their Ananias (Christine Darg definitely has this call) to pray for them and encourage them while others become Christians instantly risking their lives for the Gospel. Many also experience healing. This is a very powerful, positive message. Despite persecution and traditions of men God's word is not chained.

Freedom from Want: The Remarkable Success Story of BRAC, the Global Grassroots Organization That's Winning the Fight Against Poverty
by Ian Smillie

5.0 out of 5 stars Development works if done right, 8 May 2009
Recently there has been a lot criticism regarding development work. In most cases it was probably justified. This book highlights this problem as well. Fortunately there is much more to it. It is a story of Brac, a charity set up by Bangladeshis themselves. Even though most people have never heard of it, Brac is probably the largest NGO on the planet. What's more important, though, it is also one of the most effective ones. If you are interested in development this book is a must.

How to Heal the Sick
How to Heal the Sick
by Charles Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books on healing, 14 Feb. 2009
This review is from: How to Heal the Sick (Paperback)
This is one of the best books on healing I have ever read. I could not put it away. Charles & Frances have a very balanced approach to the subject, lots of encouraging testimonies and simple, contagious faith. They are truly anointed to minister and teach God's healing. A few days later I came across their video tapes based on this book. It was a life changer for our church. The day we started watching them together in our home groups we moved from theory to practice. Both believers and unbelievers started to get healed by the loving touch of the Holy Spirit. I can't recommed this book highly enough.

The Hungry Always Get Fed: A Year of Miracles
The Hungry Always Get Fed: A Year of Miracles
by Heidi Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars Read and fall in love with Jesus, 13 April 2007
The book is based on the entries from the blog which you can find on the website of Iris Ministries. It is an account of the revival which has been sweeping Mozambique and Malawi since 90's. The power and love of God manifest every day in one of the poorest places on Earth. Just read and fall in love with Jesus. I have.