Profile for Gaie > Reviews

Let's Eat Meat: Recipes for Prime Cuts, Cheap Bits and Glorious Scraps of Meat
Let's Eat Meat: Recipes for Prime Cuts, Cheap Bits and Glorious Scraps of Meat
by Tom Parker Bowles

5.0 out of 5 stars A cookbook I actually use!, 24 Nov. 2014
I've had this book for a couple of weeks now, and didn't want to review until I had tried some recipes. Now I have (beef peposa, baked eggs with ham and spicy potatoes, neapolitan ragu, slow cooked lamb with shallots and fennel ) and not only do they work, but taste lovely too. It's a cookbook that is filled with all sorts of great recipes (but nothing too cheffy and complex), and I like the way he writes too. Some dishes look a little spicy for me (Tom definitely loves his chillies, but does say you can cut down on amounts used, if you like) but there's something for all tastes here, and recipes from all over the world. And I agree with his view that we should eat less meat, but buy better. I loved Let's Eat and I love Let's Eat Meat. A cookbook I actually use! Highly recommended.'

Dynamic Yoga: Elements of Yoga: Fire with Tara Lee
Dynamic Yoga: Elements of Yoga: Fire with Tara Lee
Dvd ~ Tara Lee
Offered by New Shoot Pictures Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful DVD with strong, challenging yoga exercises, 16 Feb. 2013
I had a baby 2 years ago and am now feeling much stronger, so I was looking for a challenging yoga DVD which I could do at home. I have tried quite a few over the last few years (including Tara's pregnancy and post natal ones) and was excited to try this series of DVDs as I always enjoy Tara's style of yoga. This has easily been the best DVD I've found. I've been doing yoga on and off for over 5 years, so wanted something that wasn't too basic and which I could learn from. I like the atmosphere of this DVD as it looks as though it is set at night in a forest with flames surrounding Tara. It has really uplifting and beautiful music and the yoga sequence is well paced, interesting and clear to follow. There is a large focus on strengthening and toning the stomach muscles which is often lacking in yoga programs and great for someone who has had a child and wanting to tone that area like me.
I would recommend this to anyone who has had a few years yoga experience and wants a fit, strong body!

Tara Lee - Yoga for You and your Baby [DVD]
Tara Lee - Yoga for You and your Baby [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tara Lee
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN YOGA WITH BABY!, 14 Nov. 2010
This DVD is such fun to do with your baby!
Its perfect for doing some exercise and having fun with your baby at the same time. Its also a great way to spend time just focussing on your baby. Afterwards I feel like I've done some good stretching and my baby always sleeps really well as it's good exercise for her too! So glad I have this as I can put it on whenever I want to entertain my baby!

The Year Of Eating Dangerously: A Global Adventure in Search of Culinary Extremes
by Tom Parker Bowles

5.0 out of 5 stars Mouth-wateringly funny, 15 July 2007
I found it hilarious. The author is clearly passionate about his food. Made me want to travel the earth in pursuit of culinary excellence.