Profile for Mille D > Reviews

Overcome the Fear of Flying
by Glenn Harrold
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird effect., 30 July 2009
I have to admit to being a little sceptical about this CD, but was willing to try anything after a few bad plane trips which were kicked off by fainting on a flight back from Turkey. Before then I had been fine and the fear seemed to be getting worse every flight.

Despite not listening every day (probably more like 3-4 times a week) for the 3 weeks prior to the flight, it appears to have done the trick.

I was still very nervous getting into the airport and boarding the plane. But once in my seat I started doing the circular breathing technique he teaches and a weird calm sensation came over me and I could feel myself relaxing physically.

It was incredibly strange and didn't feel like it was in my control to do any different.

I think my partner was glad I'd used the CD too, as it made his flight a lot easier - not having to pick me up off the floor after fainting was a bonus!

I only listened to the 'Releasing the Fear' track once while I was away, and think I was a little more nervous coming back, but had been so ill in egypt that I was frankly just glad to be getting out of the country.

All in all I recommend this CD whole-heartedly - yes the music is a little dodgy (but catchy) and his southern accent does grate on me a little but it definately WORKS.