Profile for book devourer > Reviews

Content by book devourer

book devourer (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
SUZI LEARNS TO LOVE AGAIN (romance books)
SUZI LEARNS TO LOVE AGAIN (romance books)

5.0 out of 5 stars very romance, 25 April 2014
More wholesome romance from P Keyson that the whole family could enjoy. I loved the interaction between the main characters, well set. very enjoyable read.

Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 1)
Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Woof know'all, 23 Mar. 2013
I found this boring but if you do a search on "Woof Hall" you will find a parody that is absolutely hilarious.

THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON & Other Tales of The Jazz Age (illustrated)
THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON & Other Tales of The Jazz Age (illustrated)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart classic, 23 Feb. 2013
The other reviews of this item can't be referring to the same book I read as this Kindle edition is pretty smart and given the kind of care great literature like Fitzgerald's deserves. If you like short stories, few compare.

THIS SIDE OF PARADISE (Illustrated, complete, and unabridged)
THIS SIDE OF PARADISE (Illustrated, complete, and unabridged)

5.0 out of 5 stars great, brilliant etc, 1 Feb. 2013
great book, great edition, brilliant etc. Really lots of thought gone into this, can't recommend it enough. great, brilliant etc.

Souls of Darkness
Souls of Darkness

5.0 out of 5 stars shiver down your spine type creepy, great!, 23 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Souls of Darkness (Kindle Edition)
These are lovely little stories. I've been reading one or two of them in my lunch breaks this weak. There is a bit of a gothic element to them, and they are very imaginative and inventive. I especially liked the January story about a ghoulish presence that follows a women to work. It was creepy but had a nice cheery ending. Neat little pictures illustrating this story. Worth every penny!

TENDER IS THE NIGHT
TENDER IS THE NIGHT

5.0 out of 5 stars classic book done with finesse, 16 Jan. 2013
At last a kindle book of a classic text put together with some finesse and thought for once, I am tired of buying badly formatted books that look nasty. This in contrast was beautifully done. More please.

Narrow Dog To Carcassonne
Narrow Dog To Carcassonne
by Terry Darlington

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny and engaging but frivolous, 16 Jan. 2013
I enjoyed reading this witty take on boating life, boating people and the inevitable gongoozelers. It is closely observed and light-hearted and it will cheer you up enormously. I must admitt I skipped a bit of it - I'd read Leontyne recently (and if you haven't heard of that book and like Darlington's you will enjoy it too) and I am not that fascinated by French canals - but only because I shouldn't really be wasting my time reading frivolous fiction (or indeed writing reviews of it...Cut!

Paradoxymoron: Foolish Wisdom in Words and Pictures
Paradoxymoron: Foolish Wisdom in Words and Pictures
by Patrick Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't stand sitting down!, 18 Dec. 2012
Oxymoron, pleonasm, paradox. If the only exercise you ever do is mental gymnastics, this book is for you. Excellent crimbo gift for the family nerd or smart alec uncle.
"Spot the mistake in this sentence."
If you can't answer that one, this book if for you.
Happy Xmas, Marianna Cage.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2013 7:15 PM GMT

The Red Hourglass " Lives of the Predators " :
The Red Hourglass " Lives of the Predators " :
by Gordon Grice

4.0 out of 5 stars This book will creep up on you, and once bitten you'll be smitten, 12 Dec. 2012
An extremely enjoyable read. I found this book on brief visit to Hay on Wye, Wales. I thought I would come away without finding anything interesting and then came across this in the last second hand bookshop I visited. The author engages you from the world go and invites you into the predatory world of nature, man included. I cannot recommend it enough. Only criticism is that the kindle edition seems far too expensive, otherwise I would have bought it for my library. I got the hardback second hand for £4.

WATER: A Novel/Dark/Funny/Romance
WATER: A Novel/Dark/Funny/Romance

5.0 out of 5 stars tragically romantic, 8 Dec. 2012
A great read, romantic, and a little tragic, I wanted to know how it all turned out. I found the main character at first conceited and obnoxious, and then fell in love with him, a bit like the women in the book. The story is very funny and well written. Actually I know of the author from his controversial Free Art Fair. I had no idea he was a writer too.

Page: 1 | 2