Profile for rosie glow > Reviews

Content by rosie glow

rosie glow "rosieglow" (Yorkshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Color of Heaven Series Boxed Set: (Books 1-3)
The Color of Heaven Series Boxed Set: (Books 1-3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 27 May 2016
Loved this series and can't wait to read more. Each story drew me in with captivating characters and compelling plots. I liked the way each story is linked by the fascinating and magical connections of life.

A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding
A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 1 May 2016
I read this book in one day, could not put it down. A moving story told with great eloquence and sensitivity. Loved every word.

Silent Scream: An edge of your seat serial killer thriller (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read with a twist in the tail, 6 Mar. 2016
The story built steadily and I found the large number of characters a little confusing at first. However, each character was well described and as the story developed, everything fell into place. Skilful storytelling by an author I will look to read again.

Sinister Secrets (Raff Rafferty Mystery Series Book 4)
Sinister Secrets (Raff Rafferty Mystery Series Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor editing spoils a good read, 12 Feb. 2016
Although the initial storyline looked interesting and did have potential, I found the style of writing too flowery for my taste.
All in all, a good story, if you can get beyond the amateur writing.
I don’t want to discredit the author. I read some brilliant ideas here and I’m sure, with more work, this could develop into an excellent read.
The book would benefit from some extensive editing. Some long winded, overly descriptive passages detract from the story. I found myself skip reading to avoid them.
The typos, spelling errors, poor punctuation and mistakes in grammar were irritating, but can and should, be easily fixed.
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review.

Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper
Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 12 Jan. 2016
I found this a good read. It kept my interest throughout. I will look for more books by this author.

Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead (The Toad Witch Mysteries Book 1)
Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead (The Toad Witch Mysteries Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging read, 12 Jan. 2016
Interesting story with good, well drawn characters. The story continues but I didn't feel short changed. Will read the next book.

With Every Letter (Wings of the Nightingale Book #1): A Novel
With Every Letter (Wings of the Nightingale Book #1): A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming read, 15 Nov. 2015
Loved this book. Warm characters, real historical setting and gripping story. Will look for more books from this talented author.

The Color of Heaven (The Color of Heaven Series Book 1)
The Color of Heaven (The Color of Heaven Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book, 21 Aug. 2014
Fabulous book. Gripping from the start and a real page turner. Looking forward to reading more from this author.

What You Wish For
What You Wish For

3.0 out of 5 stars an entertaining read, 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: What You Wish For (Kindle Edition)
A good page turner, but a little incredible. the writing is clumsy in places and reads as if it could benefit from a good editor, but this didn't detract from the story.

The Eden Plague: A Biological and Political Technothriller (Plague Wars Series Book 0)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, page turning story with some interesting ideas, 18 Aug. 2014
. The beginning was hard going, but once I got into it, the story took off and took me with it. I didn't like the ending, it felt too abrupt and not fully explained.

The writing felt a little clumsy in places, could benefit from a good editor, I think, but did not distract me too much. It read like a debut novel from an inexperienced writer, but the overall story was enjoyable.

Page: 1 | 2