Profile for B. Thomas > Reviews

Content by B. Thomas

B. Thomas (Middlesbrough UK)

Unfinished Agony: Sykes
Unfinished Agony: Sykes

5.0 out of 5 stars Different Style but gripping, 18 April 2017
I usually read autobiographies but in this case it was never going to happen as Paul Sykes passed away ten years ago - although he did write a book which covered his life up to the point when his life took an unfortunate downward spiral and is a massive part of the legacy he has left.
The author Jamie Boyle has researched superbly and brought the book together in a brilliant manner, yet most of the dialogue is from people who knew Paul Sykes much better than most.
Friends, family, enemies and people who just came across Paul, in prison, in the Boxing game or just in life, they all contribute and leave you to make your own mind up on this larger than life character, who was obviously gifted, troubled and ultimately tragic and self destructive but left to his own devices by "the system".
At times I was glad I never crossed his path, yet other times I would have loved to be in his company even just to witness his power and hear his wit and as each persons chapter unfolds your view of him changes - some would say his dramatic demise was karma, most would think it tragic and inhumane but this book lets you share his journey and make your own mind up.
Great book and not one that sensationalises or condones Paul's lifestyle - you judge for yourself

Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers
Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best value for money deals I have had, 17 Dec. 2015
I got this in my he Black Friday sale for £35 and really only got it as a second tablet for trips away and situations where I wanted internet access but was reluctant to take my iPad Air in case of damage, theft etc.
I now use this more than my iPad - love reading books on it whilst travelling or during breaks at work and find it a great piece of kit for such a great price.

Invision Smart Case Cover for iPad Air 2 - Black

Hit Parade
Hit Parade
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Weller being Weller, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Hit Parade (Audio CD)
A great compilation of one of my favourite artists - I have most of these tracks in my collection but for this price this cd was purchased to give me my fix of the modfather in the car - and now one of my most played albums

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits

4.0 out of 5 stars Forgotten Gem, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
All his classics and a few not so well known tracks that don't disappoint if your a fan - all at a great price

Transformer
Transformer

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic at great price, 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Transformer (MP3 Download)
An album that inspired so many others and one that just needs to be in your collection - Lou Reed's greatest hour

Are You Experienced
Are You Experienced

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Are You Experienced (MP3 Download)
If you like Hendrix you can't go wrong with this collection - a great starting point for new fans too

The Essential Electric Light Orchestra
The Essential Electric Light Orchestra

4.0 out of 5 stars Every thing you want and more, 28 Feb. 2014
Great compilation but possibly let down by the fact it's got one or two of their lesser hits and whilst the classics are all here I found myself skipping a few tracks as they were fillers that possibly were just not needed - that said if the only fault I can find is that the album has too many tracks there is little wrong really and some of the tracks I skip may be the ones that make this album complete for other listeners

The Bald Facts: The David Armstrong Biography
The Bald Facts: The David Armstrong Biography
by Pat Symes

5.0 out of 5 stars Top book from a great servant to the game, 2 Dec. 2013
Really good book from a great player overlooked by England when he showed consistency in both appearances and performances.
Played in possibly Middlesbrough and Southampton's greatest teams but before the high wage era that the game has now.
The book shows how lifestyles of top players panned out in those days and how injuries sustained can effect life after football.
A must read for anyone who followed the game when the game was played by true professionals who played with loyalty to the clubs at whatever cost.

Sony CDX-DAB6650 - In Car CD player with DAB Radio
Sony CDX-DAB6650 - In Car CD player with DAB Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony CDX DAB6650, 30 Jun. 2009
Ordered and recieved within 3 working days and could not be happier with this top quality item.
Fitting was easy although a trip to my local Halfords was needed to get some adaptors to upgrade the wiring on my Landrover.
The assistant in Halford tried to warn me off a DAB model as he stated that DAB just does not work in cars - well how wrong he was.
I get great quality radio and many channels only available on DAB with super sound and coverage.
Instruction manual for fitting is very good but users manual could be simplified, although if used for reference along side the unit it is fine.
Once fitted, go into the settings section and tweak the settings because some of the features I feel should be set as defaults do need to be set by the user inc DAB ariel settings.
All in all I would highly recommend this unit!!!