Profile for Rbby > Reviews

Content by Rbby

Rbby "crockett" (New York)

Bugatti F7536PR3, Men's Desert Boots, Brown (chocolate 683chocolate 683), 9.5 UK (44 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Nov. 2016
Beautiful, comfortable, on time.

Gracious Gardens 2 IN 1 3.6V Lithium Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer, Topiary Shears, Hand Held Trimmer, Cordless Shears Ideal for Shrub, Garden, Grass or Lawn Cultivation
Offered by Futura Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 11 May 2015
One of the best garden purchases I ever made. Both blades work brilliantly well. It makes quick work of small hedges and shrubs and is really lightweight. Very simple to use, utterly hassle free. Great value, truly time-saving device.

Beechfield Unisex Trawler Beanie Smoke Grey One Size
Beechfield Unisex Trawler Beanie Smoke Grey One Size
Offered by SMG UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 May 2015
Love these hats. Brilliant quality.

Pair of - Chrome Touch Table Lamps with New York Skyline Shades
Pair of - Chrome Touch Table Lamps with New York Skyline Shades
Offered by The Light Factory

3.0 out of 5 stars They disappoint in being very lightweight and I've inadvertently knocked them ..., 11 May 2015
These touch-activated lights work as described and have three brightness settings, they are very pleasing to the eye switched-on or off. They disappoint in being very lightweight and I've inadvertently knocked them off-balance, more than I would have liked. The light escaping from the opaque, celluloid-like shade is limited by its stylish design and this makes reading difficult, even at the brightest setting.

Solar Ultra Bright Spot Light (Four Pack)
Solar Ultra Bright Spot Light (Four Pack)
Offered by Direct Global Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Hidden depths, 11 May 2015
These are excellent for highlighting small trees and shrubs, sheds and other architecture in the garden. Being wireless they are very easy to place inconspicuously. They are lightweight, sturdy and seem to be water resistant. Probably worth storing during the winter. Overall very pleased with this purchase, they have added a great texture and new dimensions to my garden at night.

Pacific Stained Glass Tiffany Style Wall Light
Pacific Stained Glass Tiffany Style Wall Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and shiny, 5 Nov. 2014
Very swift delivery. Product safely packed. Easy to mount on the wall. Delightful quality lamp that casts a bright slightly ambient glow. Good value product and happy to recommend.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkably sturdy, 14 Aug. 2013
The low price belies the high quality of the product. Its sturdy and well designed with good zippers and plenty of pockets, sections and dividers. The bag has been carefully thought about and I'm very happy with it. I use it for business and though I was worried about canning the stylish leather briefcase. The one I habitually overloaded until it injured my shoulder and lower back. But the bag looks great, the silver grey is nicely understated and the design means that i'm much more organised in my work...so it all works out. I also reckon if the bag only lasts 6 months (I'm pretty sure it will last a good, long while), given the price, it's still excellent value.

Sempervivum Plants A Collection of 20 different varieties
Sempervivum Plants A Collection of 20 different varieties
Offered by The Curious Plant Company

5.0 out of 5 stars simply brilliant addition to the garden, 14 Aug. 2013
These sempervivum have proved an excellent investment. They grow practically anywhere, but for best results a few hours of sunshine seems to suit them, I also keep them well watered. I now know why they are known colloquially as "hens and chicks"...because tiny versions of these spiky little succulents pop-up nearby the parent day after day. The goods arrived well packed and protected. Indeed, their packaging was by far the best of a wide range of plant deliveries I took from Amazon vendors at the start of the year. All of the plants survived shipping and each now thrives. I love my sempervivum, no home should be without them...and this product is definitely worth considering.

Rimax Urban Wireless Speakers - Weather resistant for indoor or outdoor use.
Rimax Urban Wireless Speakers - Weather resistant for indoor or outdoor use.

1.0 out of 5 stars wireless yes, faithful no, 19 Jun. 2013
I've just reconnected these speakers (indoors) after an absence of about 6 months. Now I remember why I cut them off. While the wireless works flawlessly, the sound reproduction is muffled, distorted and flat. I would go so far as to say that the reproduction is so poor it makes it difficult to identify vocalists and instruments. I can imagine these speakers working well at an outdoor party where sound quality isn't an issue, but as speakers go they're not suited to faithful reproduction.

What the Dog Saw: and other adventures
What the Dog Saw: and other adventures
by Malcolm Gladwell

3.0 out of 5 stars What the Gladwell fan saw, 28 Nov. 2009
I have followed Malcolm Gladwell for a long time, and look forward to reading his work. He is thoughtful, lateral, creative. He writes simply and conveys difficult concepts simply. Gladwell has become an important writer. And for me Outliers has been one of my most important reads of the last few years.

All the same, with What the dog saw, Malcolm could do better. Most of the articles I had previously read through the magazine that he writes for and I subscribe to. This could've been stated on the dust-sheet but wasn't. The book was great, Gladwell wrote it. But... I had read it before in New Yorker-size installments.

I'm now conflicted. I don't tire easily of reading the works of Malclom Gladwell. Repackaging old New Yorker copy to compile What the dog saw, and not making this clear to readers is unfair.

Gladwell and his publishers should be careful not to alienate their long-term loyalists.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2010 10:38 AM BST