Profile for xmum2fourx > Reviews

Barbie Glitter Hair Doll
Barbie Glitter Hair Doll
Offered by British Select

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 25 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Barbie Glitter Hair Doll (Toy)
A little difficult to use but my 6 year old daughter loved it. The doll lasts well after the hair accessories and it is perfect for some crafty fun.

50 Mailing postal bags STRONG 12 x 16 inch (305x405) plastic polythene
50 Mailing postal bags STRONG 12 x 16 inch (305x405) plastic polythene
Offered by PolyPostalBags

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 25 Mar. 2016
Perfect perfect for what we needed. Quick delivery and very sturdy.

Vtech Toot Toot Drivers Big Fire Engine
Vtech Toot Toot Drivers Big Fire Engine

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Bright colorful and very noisy but the children ..., 25 Mar. 2016
Brilliant. Bright colorful and very noisy but the children love it. Perfect for fine motor skills and never becomes boring for my three year old.

Disney The Good Dinosaur Galloping Butch Action Figures
Disney The Good Dinosaur Galloping Butch Action Figures
Offered by Mint & Onion Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 25 Mar. 2016
Great fun but a little expensive for what it does. My children love it but the tail with a tiny detachable piece is ill thought out, and not very good for play. The phrases and size make up for it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2015
Great quick delivery sizing is good too.

VTech KidiActive 2-in-1 Skipping Rope
VTech KidiActive 2-in-1 Skipping Rope

4.0 out of 5 stars An educational twist on skipping, 23 July 2013
What makes this skipping rope different is the maths features. There are a few different settings. For the younger child simple counting from one to ten. Then you can increase the number as your child gets more confident right up to 100. Again as they become more confident it can be changed to counting by twos, or fives or even tens. For the slightly older child this skipping rope can be used to learn their time tables. It runs from 1 right up to 10 and again you can set the level to suit your child. Finally is the music mode. We have found the batteries to last well, and we are still using the ones provided without any slowing of the voice.

Of course firstly this is a skipping rope. It works well with a taller person, but my little girl still finds she is a little too small for it. Age recommendation is three years plus, so if at 4 she is too small I am not sure it would suit a younger child. As your child jumps the sensors let the interactive features know your child has jumped. In a nice clear, friendly voice the skipping rope will shout out the numbers with your child. The handles have worn very quickly.

There are instructions on how to change it to a dance ribbon. This is fairly easy to do, but it does require an adult to do it rather than the child themselves. My daughter still really likes this feature of the toy and it helps to add something a little different. This adds another avenue of play once she becomes bored with the skipping. It helps make the appeal last.

It has helped my little girl become more confident with her counting skills, and as it counts in a variety of numbers it has introduced her to counting in different ways. Before there is no way she would have attempted to count in fives, but now she is confident that she can do it. Just having something to keep count with her, so if she does get lost along the way she can be guided in the right direction seems to help.

Kids II Baby Einstein Bendy Ball
Kids II Baby Einstein Bendy Ball

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect first toy, 17 Mar. 2013
While I was looking for toys for my little boy who was only 7 months old, I came across this little Einstein's ball on Amazon. I decided to order it, and I am so glad that I have as it has been hugely loved by my two youngest children. It is a simple soft plastic ball. The difference from other rattle we own is the design of it. The whole ball has hexagon shaped holes cut out of the main body of it. This means even small babies can grab at the ball with ease, as no matter where they hold the ball there fingers can tighten around the frame of the ball. The ball is made up of many bright colours making it appealing too even the smallest of children.

My little girl is currently using this toy and she loves it as much as my son did. She is only four months old, but she can hold it very easily. It is very light so she can even grab it with just one finger, and as it is not too heavy it will not hurt when little one manages to catch their face with it. We have found this is the only toy she can actually play with independently at this age, and for that reason it is a fantastic first toy.

There is a friendly little caterpillar face pictured on the ball, and of course it acts as a rattle so little one is rewarded with the sounds of a bell as they learn to move it around. My daughter really does love this toy, she thinks it is fantastic and of she manages to knock it out of reach she tries to sit up to move towards it. Her little face lights up whenever she sees it, and she never seems to become bored with it.
As the child grows a little and is beginning to learn to crawl, again this ball can be used to encourage them. By dropping the ball it rolls across the floor creating a jingle sound. This encourages little one to move towards the noise, and the bright colours visually invite little one to follow. I was unable to find an age recommendation for this toy so I guessed that it would be ok for my seven month old baby, and my daughter is happy playing with it at a much younger age. My children never seem to become bored with this ball. Although it is very simple, they find different ways to play with it so it adapts well. It is very durable lasting two children so far with no signs of wear and tear at all.

I would highly recommend this toy to for anyone that has a young child. It is very simple, but the bright colours and rewarding sounds make it perfect for young children. It helps develop find motor skills, and really is a fantastic engaging toy that is very simple. It is very durable as my son used it from when he was seven months old right up until now. He still enjoys rolling it around although he does become a little bored with it after five minutes. Now my youngest daughter plays with this toy, and at such a young age it is the only one she can actually grab on too.

i learn Yes No Disney Pixar Cars Question and Answer Game
i learn Yes No Disney Pixar Cars Question and Answer Game
Offered by Kobe1

4.0 out of 5 stars A plastic activity book, 17 Mar. 2013
I was a little surprised when I received this game as it was more like a spiral note pad in a plastic casing. It is very flimsy so I knew we would have to be careful with it to avoid the pages tearing. The pages are laminated to make them a little more durable but we have had a few rips since we started using this in October. At the top of the page on the plastic holder are switches that when pushed up and down display yes or no.

On the first page we are given an introduction to the characters. My son already knew the facts about each one but it is a great start to getting the children interested in this book. Then on every other page there are questions asked by a different character from the films. It starts off with the more well known characters but also includes just about any car that has ever appeared in the first film to bulk out the book. Pictures are well detailed, and all the scenes are well detailed and catch little ones attention

The game is very easy to use. On the left page are the answers to the questions so this needs to be folded and clipped into place so little one cannot see it. Then on the right page you have a different character asking around 6 or 7 questions. Each page has a theme so some will be numbers, others letters, others shapes and others teaser puzzles. The puzzles all differ in difficulty. So on one page red has to wash the number plates that are listed next to him. By using the flip switches at the top of the page little one has to decide if the names listed at the top of the page, match those on the right hand side of red. Other activities include looking at a jumbled word and deciding if it is listed above the page, and sorting which shapes are in a picture and which are not. This is fantastic for making this a little more interesting as it challenges little one.

This tends to be something that is read in short bursts but often. We have owned this since October and it still receives use. Some pages my son flies through as he knows them of by heart, but some of the more challenging puzzles still appeal to him. As I mentioned before around four or five pages have been torn off the spiral casing as it is being used.

The biggest let down of this book was a typing error. Now yes it is only one but I feel it is an important one as it relates to a character in the film. As I was reading the questions aloud to my son I asked him Can Chick Hills match these letters? As you can imagine I was stopped and told that is Chick Hicks mummy not Hills. On closer inspection it was Chick Hicks and so there was a major typo. Now this can be avoided and be read correctly by the parent but I just think it is a shame it was published with this mistake in the first place especially with a larger character in the first movie.

Recommended age range is four years plus which I think is about right. I am not sure I would pay the £10 retail price to be honest as it is not fantastic quality and just a plastic activity book really. My son loves it because it is Disney cars and I do think it would suit a fan best. There a number of activities that differs in difficulty so it can appeal to a larger age range

Fisher Price Thomas and Friends Talking Thomas Telephone
Fisher Price Thomas and Friends Talking Thomas Telephone

4.0 out of 5 stars Peep peep Thomas is on the phone!, 17 Mar. 2013
The phone comes in an open box so you can play the demo before you purchase it and this means although it requires two AA batteries they are supplied. The problem is once you remove the toy from the box it has a small seal you need to pull out to make the phone go into full play mode and as soon as you do this the sounds of the characters drop to a whisper. Unless the room is quiet you really struggle to hear the phone at all and there is no way to increase the volume which is a shame.

The phone is a fair size for little one to hold in their hands, big enough for to hold their interest yet it is still light enough for them to carry easily. There are tracks running down the side of the phone which provide a good grip for little one while tying in with the Thomas theme perfectly. There is a large Thomas head at the top of the phone painted in his usual blue colour it attracts little one straight away and is instantly recognisable.

The phone has the numbers 0-9 all on separate buttons and with each number is a character from the TV show so little one can choose their favourite number or character to press. When little one presses each of these numbers they will hear a phrase from the corresponding character on the number they have chosen. The character will state the number that little one has pressed and then tell us a statement about what that engine will do today followed by their peep. Each time little one presses it the engine will tell them a different station they are going to and there are around three phases for each button so it does keep things interesting. The voices are all exactly the same as they are on the Tv show so again little one can recognise them.

Where the star and hash key would be is a picture of a turn table and tracks and when little one presses these they are greeted with the Thomas the tank engine theme tune. Then the phone says a random fact about the engine and where they are going today. Again as it replays through nine different characters it changes each time little one presses it and keeps it interesting for them.

All of the buttons are very easy to press so even a small child exploring this phone could easily hit the buttons and be rewarded with the sounds. There is an on off button at the back of the phone and this is also where you change the batteries. We have tried adding new ones just in case that was the problem with the sound but unfortunately it made no difference at all.

The phone itself is made from durable plastic and has been dropped many times by my children and there is no visible damage and the phone is still in full working order. The age recommendation is eighteen months old but to be honest my son received this for his first birthday and he really enjoyed it. There are no small parts and the buttons are very easy to press so I do not see why it could not be used from a younger age.

I would recommend this toy as it helps promote numbers to little ones by bringing in their favourite characters to help teach them to count. It is a shame that the volume dramatically drops but my son loves playing with this all the same and although he still try's to steal my phone it has provided a little distraction. It also helps with fine motor skills as little ones have to press the buttons and of course it is great role play fun and they like to pretend they are talking on the phone just like mummy or daddy.

Disney Cinderella Glitter and Glow Night Light
Disney Cinderella Glitter and Glow Night Light

4.0 out of 5 stars Cinderella in glitter!, 17 Mar. 2013
This is a Disney princess branded product which my little girl has a real fascination with at the moment. The main Princess in the globe is Cinderella so perfect for any little girl that likes her particularly. It is made with durable plastic but it just looks a little small and uneven. Next of course is the main globe of the night light and this sits on top of the base. Inside the globe are a lot of glitter pieces and one Cinderella cut out that sits floating in the middle waiting for the glitter to appear. The difference is that this globe can actually be removed from the light and used as a bouncy ball. So in the day my daughter can play with it and then take it back to her room ready for bed.

To switch the lights on there is a large blue button at the front of the base. This is very easy for little one to do and upon doing so it works straight away. You do need to shake the globe yourself and place it back on the base for the glitter to swirl around, but even as it sits on the bottom the lights still reflect nicely through the globe. Every 10 seconds or so the lights change colours and continues to do so for the full ten minutes it will stay on. It is not overly bright so my daughter cannot get to sleep while it is on but still eye catching enough to please her.

The description states that you can take the globe away from the base for a fun bouncy ball. Now you can take it away and it is a ball, but in no way is it bouncy. It is recommend for children three years plus and they do have small hands in mind. The thing is with the liquid inside it is a little heavy, and even if it could bounce it is not something I would want my four year old throwing around. If it were to be thrown and hit someone it would hurt and so I try to encourage her to roll it across the floor between her and my son so it is not causing a danger.

When you turn the light on there is a mechanical noise. Now it is not overly loud or annoying but it is noticeable. As it is supposed to be a night light if your child is a light sleeper or would be distracted by a whirling noise then this really isn't for you. It is poorly designed as it is something that is supposed to help little one sleep not distract them. Luckily my little girl is a heavy sleeper and she doesn't even seem to notice the noise. I was a little worried when I realised that the globe doubled as a bouncy ball as I was sure it would break with the constant use of three children. It has actually lasted really well and although there are a few small scratches there is nothing hugely noticeable. It still functions as a ball and as a glitter globe which my daughter thinks is fantastic.

Page: 1 | 2