Profile for P. Kane > Reviews

P. Kane (uk)

Bigjigs Wooden Railway Signal Box
Bigjigs Wooden Railway Signal Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Signal Box, 21 Dec. 2012
An excellent toy in itself, our son loved the playful aspect of mixing his cars and trains. Having traffic lights and several barrier's that go up and down is a real plus.
The downside is that it arrived three days after the last day we expected it. The packaging was flimsy, thin parcel paper then one layer of small thin bubble wrap around a thin cardboard box which had nearly two sides of plastic (so the product can be viewed in the shop). That was it.
The traffic lights and small barrier were loose in transit and should have been secured. One traffic light was broken.
I decided to repair rather than return. However since we contacted the seller by email, there has been no apology, nothing.
I would not buy from this company again.

BRIO World Railway Track - Mechanical Switches
BRIO World Railway Track - Mechanical Switches

5.0 out of 5 stars Mechanical Switches, 21 Dec. 2012
Compatible with my son's wooden railway from two leading companies.
Its worth having the ability to direct the train via the switches. It gives the child more control and supports his imaginative play.
Arrived on time too. Well done.

Bigjigs Rail Wooden Car Loader - Other Major Rail Brands are Compatible
Bigjigs Rail Wooden Car Loader - Other Major Rail Brands are Compatible
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Wooden Rail Car Loader, 21 Dec. 2012
Our son really enjoyed this product, mixing the cars with the train set helped to enlarge his imagination. It arrived on time too. Well done.

Bigjigs Rail Medium Straights (Pack of 4) - Other Major Wooden Rail Brands are Compatible
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Wooden Railway Track, 21 Dec. 2012
Works well, my son enjoys playing with the product, thats good enough for us.
Arrived on time too. A plus.

Happiness: A Guide to Developing Life's Most Important Skill
Happiness: A Guide to Developing Life's Most Important Skill
by Matthieu Ricard

5.0 out of 5 stars Happiness, 10 Jun. 2009
I brought this book as a birthday gift for a friend, whom I met whilst studying emotional literacy. He loved it so much, he passed it onto his mother. In turn, she is recomending the book to her friends. Its a joy to read.

Man Who Cried
Man Who Cried

5.0 out of 5 stars The Man who cried, 20 April 2009
This review is from: Man Who Cried (Audio CD)
I brought this as I am a big fan of Sally Potter the film director. Its a wonderful film and the soundtrack cd is brilliant. Such a range of tracks from opera to Yiddish lyrics. Sally Potter has a unique gift of finding the right music to suit the mood and occasion. As an artist myself, I was very inspired.