Profile for SiennaSea > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Redring Powerstream Eco Unvented Instantaneous Water Heater, 10.8kW
Redring Powerstream Eco Unvented Instantaneous Water Heater, 10.8kW

4.0 out of 5 stars Good... eventually!, 17 July 2016
Faulty when arrived - the heating element would not activate so it was returned for a refund. I needed a replacement urgently so I bought the same model from a plumbing store and this one is perfect. So, to review the product... Fairly easy to install, the cover is tricky to fit back and the pipes underneath should be longer. In use it's really good and heats water quickly. The eco setting is great just for hand-hot water for a quick wash. Full heat is scalding!

Evecase Alienware 17 Series 17.3-inch Gaming Laptop/Notebook Sleeve, Portable Slim Diamond Neoprene Foam Splash Travel Carrying Case Bag - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, Good Fit, 17 July 2016
Good quality bag that fits my Alienware 17 R3 perfectly. It is a big bag, but then the laptop is big and there's a decent bit of padding. First time I used it I carried it in a rucksack in heavy rain and it got slightly damp inside the zip, so it's not waterproof. I now put it in a big plastic bag when it rains.

Element System Steel Pipe Feet Round Set of 4 Table Legs, Furniture Feet including Screw-On Plate, 11100-00034

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and sturdy, 9 May 2016
Only wanted one of these to make a support for a projection system using Manfrotto SuperClamps Manfrotto Super Clamp For Camera Arm - well made, sturdy, and do the job. I have three spare legs though...

Automatic Chicken House Door Opener WITH Light Sensor & Timer
Automatic Chicken House Door Opener WITH Light Sensor & Timer
Offered by P+T Poultry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little door opener, 9 May 2016
I bought this directly from the manufacturer's website as it's a bit cheaper there. Their website has several video guides and PDF instructions for setting it all up, so I was able to get familiar with it before ordering it. I've been using the VSB door opener for some time and found it overly complicated and unreliable, so when the VSB unit finally stopped working I thought I'd try this one from Titan.

First impressions are that it is well made, cleverly designed, and easy to install and set up. It takes a bit of work getting the pulleys in the correct place and getting the weight of the door right - I'm using a reasonably light aluminium door with 4 pulleys for the cord run so I needed to add weights to make it close correctly - it does need a fairly heavy door, as a light one will not close correctly. It's very important to understand how it works in order to get the cord length and pulley runs correct, but this is clearly discussed on Titan's video tutorials. Removing the VSB and modifying everything for the Titan, then fitting it, took about an hour and a half, and probably a further hour to set it up, check it worked, and add weights etc. (Note that he VSB was mounted inside the coop, whereas the Titan goes on the outside so some of the pulleys needed changing round)

After using it for a week or so it seems to work really well and I'm pleased with it. The ability to quickly change the settings is good, and having it outside the coop makes it easy to access and keeps all the chicken dust and mess out of the workings - probably this that killed the VSB unit. I have it set up to open at 9.30am and close at 9.30pm, though I'll probably change to closing at dusk once the summer is over. All in all, very happy with it and I have six safe and content chickens - five ex-bats and a white Maran that are loving free-range life on a Welsh smallholding!
Comment Comment | Permalink

3D Glasses Red & Blue High Quality Anaglyph for 3D TV Cinema Films DVD Viewing or Reading Entertainment | 3-D Glasses by iChoose®
Offered by iChoose Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not perfect, 14 Jan. 2016
These glasses are ok for viewing 3D anaglyph images, but not perfect. While the 3D is fairly vivid and noticeable there is a lack of realism making it rather disappointing. The quality of the frame is poor, and mine snapped above one of the lenses after a couple of uses, even though I treated them carefully. They still hold together, but it shows the plastic is too brittle.

Dylan COCOON 10 Watt Portable Wireless NFC Bluetooth Speaker 1800mAh Li-ion Rechargeable Battery 3.5mm Aux Port Ultra Bass Booster Built-in Mic Hands Free Speakers Portable Bluetooth Speakers Wireless Speakers Bluetooth Phone Speakers Bass Speaker Battery Bluetooth Speaker Rechargeable Bluetooth Speakers for Iphone Tablets Phone iPhone 6 6plus 5 5s 4s 4, iPad, Samsung Galaxy S5, Nexus, Android,Tablets, Smartphone, Laptop (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, Solid, Great Sound!, 14 Jan. 2016
This is a tiny speaker, but it sounds great and is solid and well made. This is the second one I've bought as it's so good! My phone connects to it really easily using bluetooth, and there's a lead supplied to connect it to a 3.5mm headphone socket if necessary. The sound quality is best if it's placed close to a wall - the bass seems to be intensified. My only minor gripe would be that the (supplied) usb charging cable is really short and is actually rather difficult to remove from the PC due to slippery tapered edges. That said, any micro-usb cable charges it, so I just use the one from my phone.

Timeguard LED88PIR 5W LED Energy Saver PIR Bulkhead External Light Fitting
Timeguard LED88PIR 5W LED Energy Saver PIR Bulkhead External Light Fitting
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, does the job, 14 Jan. 2016
Fairly expensive, but it works well and seems pretty weather-proof. It gives out a lot of light, the settings are easy to adjust, and it's really easy to fit.

20mm Super Engineer II Solid Stainless Steel Watch Band Push Button PVD Black
20mm Super Engineer II Solid Stainless Steel Watch Band Push Button PVD Black
Offered by Strapcode UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and well made, 14 Jan. 2016
Solid, heavy and well made - unfortunately didn't fit the watch (due to it being a Casio with an unusual fitting) so returned it for refund.

Olympus - binoclulars 8 x 21 RC II WP
Olympus - binoclulars 8 x 21 RC II WP
Offered by Koester GERMANY

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - a good purchase, 10 Jan. 2016
Compact, light-weight and well made, I'm very happy with these binoculars. In my experience, binoculars of this size tend not to be as easy to use as larger, more conventional ones. Looking through these small binoculars can be tricky at first, but once you've got the knack it's not really a problem. Adjustment for eye-width and focus is easy, though I find I have to focus just past the subject and then back to get it spot-on. That said, once it is in focus the image is very sharp and clear. There is only one lanyard hook on the side which means if you wear it round your neck it hangs on its side which is rather odd, but at least it keeps the eyepieces dry if it's raining. I ordered the green version - the green is a lot more vivid than in the photos, more of a grass green or apple green. With hindsight, I would probably have chosen the black if I'd known.
In summary, as tiny binoculars go, these are excellent and I'm very pleased I bought them. I have a pair of Carl Zeiss Jena 8x30s from the 1970s which are quicker and easier to focus and give a slightly better image, but I rarely take them out due to the size and weight. These Olympus 8x21s are always with me now, in my pocket or bag and are getting daily use - something the Carl Zeiss cannot compete with.

Weapon Of Peace
Weapon Of Peace

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome album!, 2 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Weapon Of Peace (Vinyl)
Awesome album! These guys were always playing at Wolverhampton Poly - I must have seen them play a dozen times or more while I was studying there between 1978 and 1981. Originally I had the cassette tape (!) then upgraded to the CD. Wonderful memories, and the album still sounds brilliant today.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15