Profile for You Were Killed By (psn: potpanman) > Reviews

Content by You Were Kille...

You Were Killed By (psn: potpanman) (ENGLAND)

Page: 1 | 2
Last Days
Last Days
by Adam Nevill

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite book!, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Last Days (Paperback)
This book has claimed the number 1 spot in my heart.

I haven't really read much horror genre before this, so I bought it based on reviews from other people here.

I read the prologue just before I went out to watch a football match and throughout the match I kept thinking about what I'd just read. It was only 4 or 5 pages, but I already had questions racing through my mind and couldn't wait to get home to pick the book up again (and I love football, so that speaks volumes!)

Even now, 3 weeks after finishing the book, when I am alone in the dark; whether it be in my room, walking down the pavement at night, walking across the landing to reach the bathroom after dark... My mind switches to my memories of this book and I get a little kick knowing I am safe in this real world, but teasing myself to imagine parts of the book are real and terror lies an arm's length away.

Honestly, never has a book ever had such an effect on me. I could draw up a storyboard, chapter by chapter because everything is still so vividly in my mind.

I am currently making my family read it and indeed writing this review, because I want as many people as possible to share what I felt from reading this book.

Lastly, I even e-mailed the author after I read it, saying how brilliant I thought his book is. He replied the next day with a very nice message, thanking me for my e-mail, saying he was very pleased I liked the book as it "took a lot of writing!"

Please, read this book.

The Twelve Children of Paris
The Twelve Children of Paris
by Tim Willocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Splat, 18 July 2013
The first time I heard of this book I was at work. I was having a cheeky look to see if anything had been announced (as I had been doing at regular intervals for the last few years because I loved 'The Religion' so much!)and when I saw this advertised on Amazon, I was SO HAPPY.. I really was beaming for the rest of the day and pre-ordered it as soon as I got home and then counted the days until it was released...

... Then I received it through the post! I started reading and loved every detail of it. If I really love a book I will take forever to read it, to make it last as long as possible... I managed to stretch out this book, helped by the length of it! It really didn't disappoint! There is a strong plot, very strong characters, your heart strings will be tugged. I love Tannhauser, he is basically a mass murderer, but Tim does such a good job at endearing us to him nonetheless.

I will be reading this again at some point in the future, I recommend YOU to read it... But read 'The Religion' first, as it continues from that!

I'm happy!

Turtle Beach P11 Gaming Headset - PS3
Turtle Beach P11 Gaming Headset - PS3

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic headset for my gaming, 1 Jun. 2011
Okay, these headphones are superb for gaming. I play a lot of cod as well as games like assassins creed, fallout etc..

For cod, i can hear people smashing glass from the other side of the map, i can hear footsteps you shouldnt be allowed to hear! after a few days of getting used to the headset you can work out exactly where people are. At first i was like woah, i dont know where thats coming from, but dont worry, after a few games you pick it up.

For games like assassins creed, well... i played some of assassins creed brotherhood before i got this headset and thought the sound was good... but the second i put on this headset, i was literally saying 'wow, wow...' you can hear SO much more detail. the people in the streets are talking lots but you dont really notice unless you use the headset, you feel like you are really in the city, its just made me so much more absorbed into the game.

The adjustable chat + game volume is great, as well as a mute button that comes in handy when you wanna shout downstairs for a coffee without deafening your lobby :P

My ears get pretty hot in them, so i normally take the headset off for a couple of mins every now and then, like once every 20 mins to cool off!

Lastly, its very easy to set up with your ps3, i just plugged everything in to where it clearly goes and set my ps3 sound output to the headset and boom, done.

Overall, brilliant purchase, really has enhanced my gaming experience!!!

(not a bad price either!!!)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Uncaged Edition (PS3)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Uncaged Edition (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Superb, oh did i mention, its superb!!!!!, 13 May 2009
Its based around the film, which is done very well, i dont normally like games made to go with films, but in this case, raven (developers) have done an EXCELLENT job..

Graphics: for a next-gen console, there are better, but they are still very good, the huge amount of blood in this game is very good too, probably 8.5/10 for graphics

Gameplay: Dozens of different moves to try out, quick kills, lunges, spins, drills, all sorts of ways to literally rip apart your enemies!! i havnt had this much fun pulling heads of things ever! lol. also you get slow-mo kills, so you can see wolverine lunge from like 50ft away and plunge into his enemies chest and then rip him open, its gruesome, but simply brilliant fun which never gets boring!

Controls: the controls are great very fluid, no clumsyness at all.

voice acting: the voice acting is very good, wolverine soudns very simialr to hugh jackman, and there are some funny lines in the game (just like the film, although not the same lines as the film)

cutscenes: some of the cutscenes are the best ive ever seen, there are some really cool bits, lots of blood, funny bits etc etc

replayability/trophies: the trophies are not too hard to get, there are a couple fo tough ones, like find all the dog tags in the game ( you find these around the place to get xp points and level up - making wolverine stronger) so a platinum trophy may be hard to achieve (but arent they always?... yes). this game has good replayability because i simply cannot get tired of shredding enemies up in multiple different ways.

bonus features: there are a few things to collect in your missions, and if you get them you unlock a mission where you are put in a room with your twin, and if you ebat him you unlock a classic wolverine costume etc (you know, yellow latex stuff lol!). you can also pick up mutagens and different health bonuses etc, which all help make wolverine better and more destructive!

Overall, this game really rocks my boat! a definite addition to anyones ps3 gaming collection, pick one up today, and trust me, you'll agree with this review!!

Trust 5.1 Surround Speaker Set SP-6250Z UK
Trust 5.1 Surround Speaker Set SP-6250Z UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Good speakers, if you can connect them!....., 3 May 2009
I brought these speakers because they were a good price for 5.1 speakers, however, they do have some connection problems.

They require a black, orange and green socket in your tv/laptop/whatever you want to play them on, and my tv/laptop only has the green connectivity! luckily my dads desktop pc has the right connectivity and i gave them to him, but i have basically wasted £30 and feel that Amazon and the like should describe exactly what sort of connectivity these sorts of things require, as if it was not for my dad wanting them, i would have got a refund straight away.

Having said this, if you are confident they will work with your devices, then they are very good for this price, good bass and clear-cut sound. there are obviously better, but at the same time, a lot worse, id happily recommend them to anyone, apart from the fact that their connectivity is dodgy... so watch out, just in case :)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2009 1:40 PM BST

Magic the Gathering Morningtide Theme Deck - Warrior's Code
Magic the Gathering Morningtide Theme Deck - Warrior's Code

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad deck, but there are better..., 6 Feb. 2009
Just a quick review of this to help anyone thinking of buying it.

This deck is full of creatures which have brute force as their main weapon, if you like to get stuck in with 10/10, 6/4, 5/5 creatures etc, then this deck may well be for you, there are a few neat socery's etc, but nothing too special, its a well balanced deck in my opinion, just one problem i found when using it, is that becuase a lot of your creatures are so big, they are also expensive, and therefore the early stages of combat will probably not involve your larger creatures, so you will have to survive the early stages with reasonably weak creatures, however if yo do get through to the later stages, then this deck is very formidable and fun.

i hope that if you buy this deck you have fun! i give it five stars, just because its magic:the gathering! and all the cards are really cool!

Football Manager 2009 (PC) (MAC)
Football Manager 2009 (PC) (MAC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Install is FINE, stop fussing, great game..., 28 Nov. 2008
all the other reviews saying how bad this is and giving it 1 star are rubbish, the install is perfectly fine now, just the first couple of days from release and every1 is in uproar! get over it, its a great game like all the others in the series. if u like football buy this game! loads of new features from the earlier versions and more fun!

Call of Duty: World at War (PS3)
Call of Duty: World at War (PS3)
Offered by PROGAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars If COD 4 didn't exist, this would be the best game ever!, 27 Nov. 2008
Having played cod4 for a long time, i had high expectations for this game, i have played it for a week now, online and offline.

The new feature of split screen campaign mode is pretty cool. the split-screen offline gameplay is fun, however!... it is VERY dark in more or less every map u play, a lot darker than cod 4, also the weapons are much less powerful than cod4, so u need to get used to that. the online play is as addicting as ever, new perks, like gas mask and the dogs instead of helicopter are mad! they get a lot of kills every time.having said that, the artillery strike after 5 kills is naff.

The single-player is actually where this game beats cod 4... the levels are intense and graphically superior to the online play and even cod4 in some parts, at worst, the graphics equal cod 4. there is a lot more blood and shouting/swearing from you fellow soldiers which adds to the realism, u really feel part of the action. the single-player also gives the missions where u are a tank driver and a beautifully graphical level where your in a plane using the turrets, spectatular level (watch out for kamikazies). there is more interaction in the single player too, u can get wrestled to the ground by bonzai attackers(mad japanese men) and u have to quickly knife him in the neck, and he flops onto to in a pool of blood.

Overall, this game is amazingly fun, im just annoyed the levels are too dark when playing multiplayer (also only 8 maps to choose from when playing split screen - several more online). i would recomend this as a xmas present or just a spontaneous buy for most ages (12+ i would say, except for the swearing). you will love this game and so will anyone you buy it for!!

i say well done treyarch, you proved the doubters (i was one of them) wrong!!!

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars The Force has never been so FUN!, 4 Oct. 2008
This game is immensly fun when you get into it, at first it was like "yeah this game is cool, you can throw stuff around etc" but as you develop and the story unfolds, the force becomes something you keep going "ahhh, oooo wowwowow, thats awesome!!" it really gets addictive and you can do literally like a 100 different force moves as opposed to the usual few. the graphics are very cinematic and the cut scenes are often jaw dropping quality. overall, it is an excellent game, well worth the money, truely, the force has been unleashed!

American Negro Slavery
American Negro Slavery
by Ulrich Bonnell Phillips

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 24 Sept. 2008
This review is from: American Negro Slavery (Paperback)
I used this book in my studies at university (for history) and i found this book useful, most improtant topics are covered in here and phillips is an 'interesting' read, i say it like that because the time he was writing this book, peoples views differed, and may be seen as racist, but either way, i would recommend this book, especially to uni students!!

Page: 1 | 2