Profile for P. Masters > Reviews

Content by P. Masters

P. Masters (Staffordshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Spook Street: Jackson Lamb Thriller 4
Spook Street: Jackson Lamb Thriller 4
by Mick Herron

5.0 out of 5 stars Mick Herron hsd created a world and characters unique in crime fiction. Can't wait to see the movie., 6 Mar. 2017
The plot is intriguing but not as intriguing as the characters who wrap themselves around you. You may be revolted by Jackson Lamb, admire River, feel some affection for the OB and appalled by Roddy Ho but you cannot stop reading about them. Brilliant!

Real Tigers: Jackson Lamb Thriller 3
Real Tigers: Jackson Lamb Thriller 3
by Mick Herron

5.0 out of 5 stars A unique take on our security services which I suspect is not too far from the truth!, 13 Jun. 2016
Absolutely brilliant! I can't get enough of these characters and feel I know them inside out. The plots are tortuous. I could do with reading this a second time to pick up on all the nuances I've missed in my hurry to find out what's happening. Fluent writing and a wonderful turn of phrase. You can laugh, cry and be frightened, almost all at the same time. Thank you for a great read&one that feels very different from other spy thrillers.

Dead Lions: Jackson Lamb Thriller 2
Dead Lions: Jackson Lamb Thriller 2

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect antidote to James Bond!, 20 April 2016
Slouchy spies that you get to know really well, exciting plot. What more can you ask? Another brilliant book from Mick Herron. Trouble is I'm now addicted. More please?

Slow Horses: Jackson Lamb Thriller 1
Slow Horses: Jackson Lamb Thriller 1
by Mick Herron

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, vivid, great plot, great characterisation!, 31 Mar. 2016
I feel this series should come with a health warning. I am totally addicted to the plot, the setting and best of all the characters and have now HAD to download the other 2 in the series. Fantastic!

The List: A Novella (Slough House)
The List: A Novella (Slough House)
by Mick Herron

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic spy story that feels creepy it's so realistic!, 22 Mar. 2016
This is my first Mick Herron title and it seems like a really good introduction. I never thought a spy thriller could feel so hugely authentic. I could really imagine them - their characters are drawn so well. Cannot wait to get stuck into another title.

On the Bone (Inspector Ikmen Mystery 18)
On the Bone (Inspector Ikmen Mystery 18)
by Barbara Nadel

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked from the start!, 28 Feb. 2016
I thought this was a brilliant read! You could take it on two levels - as a crime novel the plot was really original and exciting. The post mortem on a dead man exposes that he had eaten human flesh! That got me hooked from the start. But this is a much deeper read - giving an insight into modern day Turkey, its attitudes to the "covered" women, IS and radicalization. Highly recommended.

To Catch a Rabbit (Sean Denton)
To Catch a Rabbit (Sean Denton)

4.0 out of 5 stars It'll be interesting to see how "Special" Sean Denton's career progresses. Very enjoyable., 9 Feb. 2016
An interesting angle for a crime novel using a "Special". I think we'll be seeing a lot more of Sean Denton. I shall look forward to them.

The Taming of the Queen
The Taming of the Queen
by Philippa Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best, 3 Jan. 2016
A brilliant book, better than Wolf Hall which not only gave a horrible insight into Henry VIII's character but made us appreciate Kateryn Parr's intellect and talents. A book I shall enjoy reading again.

Roots of Evil
Roots of Evil
by Sarah Rayne

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing tale set in extraordinary times, 25 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Roots of Evil (Paperback)
An intriguing and complicated plot which kept me reading faster and faster!

The Waiting Game: You never know who's watching ...
The Waiting Game: You never know who's watching ...

4.0 out of 5 stars A terrific story. I look forward to her next book., 20 Oct. 2015
Nail bitingly exciting.