Profile for foxcylady > Reviews

Olympus LS-P2 8 GB Hi-Resolution Audio Recorder
Olympus LS-P2 8 GB Hi-Resolution Audio Recorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Crisp, clear, clarity in a tiny package!, 26 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a tiny astonishingly good little gadget.

You can easily fit into your pocket, and I am assuming if you wanted to make discreet recordings easily hidden or slotted into shirt pocket or small pencil case.

This has three recording mics two of which record all the time and one which you can switch off.

With an onboard USB there is no need to worry about cables.

I am told it has Bluetooth and lots of other wonderful features such as the ability to edit via device rather than only on ur computer.

The build quality is excellent, it feels robust and well made you wouldn't worry about dropping it into a briefcase or handbag.

The recordings are crystal clear, if someone moves around and disappears behind you there is no need to follow them around the room. My son uses this for Uni lectures and is over the moon. We originally bought him a Sony but with background noise and lecturers walking around it just wasn't able to do what he needed. This little beauty does everything with bells on and some, he is over the moon with it.

At the price point this is a considered purchase and you get a lot for your money. Olympus do a vast range of recording devices and this pretty much does everything, but if it's not necessary there are others much cheaper that will suffice. What I am trying to say is make sure you need all these features if you do not take a look at the others in my experience Olympus are excellent whichever end of the range you purchase from.

Yes I do recommend it's amazing!

Kensington Laptop Cooling Stand
Kensington Laptop Cooling Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a laptop you need this, 22 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't think I have ever owned such a well thought out and well made cooling stand. In the past I have bought many some have amazed me with how poorly made or how badly designed they have been, some make more noise than my spin cycle on the washer.

This cooling stand is robust, well made and fit for purpose something you rarely find at such a low price point. It has sturdy feet and doesn't slide around and when in use. It runs smoothly and quietly so much so you wouldn't know it was there. My son who uses this under his laptop and likes how it lifts and slightly tilts the laptop making his keyboard more user friendly.

We have been using cooling stands in our home for many years, they have even been set up under gaming consoles to help keep cool and disperse heat. I think they are a must have as the devises we use give off immense heat while working. If it prolongs the life of an already expense gadget then it's a necessity not a luxury.

Buy this with confidence you will not be disappointed.

(Used under HP touch screen laptop 15 inch)

Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Per-Key, RGB Multicolour Illumination, MX Key Switch RGB Brown, UK Layout) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked Keyboard, 21 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Slick, responsive, excellent these are all words banded about by my two sons who use this keyboard.

For playing games it's perfect apparently so quick to respond, easily accessible keyboard, none slip feet so it doesn't budge a millimetre in those moments when you are pounding like the devil.

My other son uses for college. He has dexterity problems and finds the keyboard easy to use as its economically suited to his requirements. I myself learnt to type on the original typewriter and I find the mechanical keyboard and the raised keyboards allow me to go at greater speeds than the flat ones.

It can be a little noisy but that's the only fault we have found with it. It's wonderful as its a lighted keyboard and ours is set on the red colour at the moment.

I can't give my opinion based on specifications as such don't know anything and I'm an old person, my youngest who games though has been using it and the joy that it has given him which allows him to play games with fluidity and hiccup free he could not even dream of playing prior to this arriving without frustration and tantrums.

My teenagers are to use their phrase " well impressed ".

The Last One
The Last One
by Alexandra Oliva

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a book I enjoyed at all, 21 April 2016
This review is from: The Last One (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I did ponder as to whether or not I was being overly harsh about this book but being frank I disliked it so much I have found it hard to be open minded.

The theme of the book intrigued me to be honest. Reality shows are not my cup of tea at all but this book brought or at least I felt it might bring something interesting and captivating for the reader something exciting perhaps.

It did not. I disliked the way it was written completely. The characters were just characters you didn't connect with them or feel in anyway interested in them and I came to dislike the main character in the book wholeheartedly. The other characters where just that characters instantly forgettable and equally dislikable.

The book leaps about all over the place to the point where it becomes annoying, frustrating and just to boring.

Had I purchased this book I would have been extremely disappointed. I wouldn't recommend this book.
Those who enjoyed "Hunger Games", or perhaps "The Maze Runner" might actually get something from this but I am not convinced.

Sugru Home Hacks Made Easy Starter Kit with Single Use Packs and Descriptive Guide in a Tin - Multi-Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't be without it, 21 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Delivered in a quirky little tin sugru is a lifesaver.

Yes it's been used around the home for many quick fixes over the years quick fixes I may add which have become permanent solutions and I would not hesitate to recommend.

This box comes with six different coloured sachets all in new funky colours. One sachet has been used to cover the lightening end of an apple cable which had frayed it's now like new. Another has been used on outdoor plastic chair, the fitting where the arm lifted so the chair would ratchet back and forward had broken, now it has sugru mending it....seventy pound chair mended in a flash.

The best mend has to have been a wing mirror on my old beetle. Some kind driver clattered it on the car park leaving the whole back housing snapped and hanging off. I put sugru to the test, bought a pack of six in black and went to work. Three years on same wing mirror still going strong, sugru mended it and mend that good it still allows the mirror part to move within housing....perfect. It has not been affected by rain snow sun frost heat or weathered in the slightest a true testament to just how brilliant this product is.

No household should be without some of this, recommend I most certainly do worth its weight in gold

Johnson's Baby Extra Sensitive Baby Wipes, 12 Packs (Total 672 Wipes)
Johnson's Baby Extra Sensitive Baby Wipes, 12 Packs (Total 672 Wipes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Whether you have kids or not!, 19 Mar. 2016
Brilliant price, brilliant product. There's very little really to say about these they do the job they are designed to do efficiently and at the best price available on subscribe and save

Betron YSM1000 Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Noise Isolating , HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Without Microphone)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you buy Apple you may want to try these, 19 Mar. 2016
Bought for my iPhone 6s Plus these head phones are brilliant. They allow me to hear my music at a safe level but unlike other headphones with clarity and no distortion.

They do not have a phone answering or volume control on this model but it's available on others in the range.

Apple have an annoying habit of inhibiting my enjoyment of music including safe volume and sound muffling headphones within the box but these seem somehow to override the dubbing down of the sound, level of clarity while losing no enjoyment or quality.

Will buy again

Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers
Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers

4.0 out of 5 stars Healthy nighttime reading at last, 19 Mar. 2016
Like the new Amazon kindle set up. Could wax lyrical all day about the improvements but won't. Kindles are brilliant, end of story. For your money you get one of the fastest most amazing products on the market at a fraction of the cost of other brands which makes it a no brainer.

I purchased this for one reason only..... to read at night before bed. It has a blue light inhibitor so as not to stimulate your grey matter, meaning it doesn't stop you from being tired or affect your wanting to sleep. So there you go why I purchased and why I will purchase in the future

We're All Mad Here Alice In Wonderland Inspired Tshirt T-Shirt Mens Unisex (L)
We're All Mad Here Alice In Wonderland Inspired Tshirt T-Shirt Mens Unisex (L)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 19 Mar. 2016
I purchased a size larger than I normally am and found it fitted a little less baggy After washing , but not immensely out just a tad. Well made nice quality tee shirt which is pleasing on the eye, I love it

Marvel Men's Deadpool Target Practice T-Shirt XX-Large Black
Marvel Men's Deadpool Target Practice T-Shirt XX-Large Black
Offered by Absolute Cult

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 19 Mar. 2016
While the fit of this is as expected it is slightly longer in the body than other same size tee shirts. Of heavy gauge cotton this vivid print tee shirt depicts DeadPool a new superhero film which my two elder kids enjoyed. Nice addition to my sons student wardrobe

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20