Profile for P. W. H. Bradley > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
The Woman In Blue: The Dr Ruth Galloway Mysteries 8
The Woman In Blue: The Dr Ruth Galloway Mysteries 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent story!, 22 Jun. 2016
As with all the Dr Ruth Galloway books this was tightly written, expertly crafted and kept the reader going along at a good pace. I enjoy seeing the character development of the main protagonists over the years, and it makes a change to have a character who can't do everything she wants because she has to be back home in time for the babysitter.

It's an exceptionally interesting ensemble cast of characters, and everything works really well. If you enjoy writers such as Phil Rickman (The Merrily Watkins series) you'll certainly enjoy these.

A Dying Fall: The Dr Ruth Galloway Mysteries 5
A Dying Fall: The Dr Ruth Galloway Mysteries 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 May 2016
Excellent as always. This writer can do no wrong in my eyes.

Rude mug Black Rim Handle Mug
Rude mug Black Rim Handle Mug

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, but watch out if Nana comes to visit!, 15 Mar. 2016
Rude mug. Very rude mug. Perfect for a princess with a potty mouth. Good quality, and will last for ages, unless said Princess's grandmother gets to see it in which case all hell may break loose.

Wide Mens Leather Bracelet Genuine Brown Leather Bangle with Two Buckle Clasps
Wide Mens Leather Bracelet Genuine Brown Leather Bangle with Two Buckle Clasps
Offered by Cool Steel and Beyond

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you feel like a God!, 15 Mar. 2016
It's a leather bracelet that does what you'd expect. It sits prettily on your wrist and makes you feel very macho. I raised my arm into the air and shouted 'arrgh!' and 'Grraaaahh!' several times. Without the bracelet on this sounded quite pitiful. However, once the bracelet was in place my roar rent the air. Birds flew up into the sky, and several car alarms went off. I felt *like a God*. I haven't taken it off since, and people have commented on how much more virile, confident and healthy I look. I would recommend this bracelet to anyone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2016 12:25 PM GMT

Lego City 60048: Police Dog Unit
Lego City 60048: Police Dog Unit
Offered by Japani Toys UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 15 Mar. 2016
Does exactly what it says on the tin. My 6 year old nephew has a grand time with Lego, so this is perfect

Friends of the Dusk (Merrily Watkins Series Book 13)
Friends of the Dusk (Merrily Watkins Series Book 13)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as always, 27 Jan. 2016
Another excellent Merrily Watkins title. If you like his others in the series, then you'll like this one - it's a good continuation of the story, with lots of familiar characters. Very much enjoyed reading it and all too quickly it was over!

I'm Not A Photographer Funny T-Shirt Tote Bag
I'm Not A Photographer Funny T-Shirt Tote Bag
Offered by Delta Noire

1.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly bad, 7 Jan. 2016
This is appalling. The quality is nonexistent - it's virtually made of tissue paper. The fabric is unpleasant to touch, it's not big enough to act as a tote bag; it's a shockingly bad piece of tat. If this is the best that these people can do then you are well advised to stay the heck away from them, and save your money by throwing it down a drain. You'll get more enjoyment out of seeing it disappear than you will buying rubbish from these people.

Spider Catcher
Spider Catcher

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't go so well...., 7 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Spider Catcher (Garden & Outdoors)
I'm not entirely sure the makers fully appreciated who their audience was for this product. It stands to reason that if you want one of these things you don't like spiders. My girlfriend doesn't like spiders - and when I say 'doesn't like' I mean that she thinks that dropping a small tactical nuke on the entire neighbourhood to get rid of a spider is a perfectly acceptable response to seeing one nestled in the corner of the room. So, being the caring fellow that I am, I looked at all the available options, and I liked the look of this one. Nice arms reach, doesn't kill them, does the job.

Foolishly I just left it in the delivery box that Amazon supplied. This was a mistake. Not 'there's an iceburg, full speed ahead!' Titanic mistake, but nonetheless, a grievous error on my part. Is it *seriously* a good idea to festoon the packaging with pictures of large hairy black spiders? Did the designers not think? Clearly not. So aforementioned GF opens the Amazon packaging, wondering what her delightful BF has got her. Puts her hand in, pulls out the item, sees black hairy spiders and screams. Now, when I say 'screams' I don't mean those little girlie 'oh, oh oh!' screams, I mean the full on 'I just found a headless body and I'm determined to alert the world to it' screams. Box gets drop kicked across the room, spider catcher going in a different direction and just missing the dogs head by a mere.. well - spider thread. After some calming down (half a bottle of red wine) we're ready to start again.

Now, the thing that you don't notice when you look at the packaging, because you're too busy not looking at the pictures of big hairy black spiders is that the makers have thoughtful put a big black hairy plastic spider in the packaging for you to practice on. You can see where we're going with this, can't you? I can imagine the discussion around the design shop for this bit... 'tell you what, let's put a pretend spider in there with it, that'll really freak them out... what a jolly jape that will be!' Then some other wit says 'Oh yeah, and let's make the packaging for the catcher out of that quite hard plastic, so you have to rip it really hard to open it.' I bet they both got their bonuses that day I can tell you.

So, with trembling hands GF manages not to look at the picture on the packing. Neither of us notice Mr Plastic Hairy Spider, and GF finally manages to tear her way in. It's a bit of a struggle, but eventually she manages it. The plastic rips, the catcher goes one way and the plastic spider flies up into the air. It was at this moment time almost stood still. I saw the spider going up in the air, tumbling upwards quite gracefully - as did GF, who at this point thinks I must really have it in for her - until it reaches the top of its arc, and comes sailing back down again. Straight into GF's hair. Now, if you remember I mentioned a scream earlier. She emitted a second, much louder scream - I swear a couple of glasses shattered in the kitchen and the next door neighbours thought I was murdering several cats. The ripped plastic went one way - it was a good job the dog has good reflexes because he just managed to duck as the sharp shards whizzed past his ears - and the catcher went the other way, giving me a good bonk on the head. I can now therefore attest that the spider catcher is quite robust.

GF was doing a dance around the room as though she was on hot coals. Part of me managed to dispassionately think 'Oh, so that's what it looks like when someone tries to tear their hair out... interesting!' while the rest of me considered going to assist. However, by this point I thought that I'd probably done enough damage for one evening so I curled up on the sofa well out of harms way. GF found the plastic spider, and screamed again. It was flung across the room, towards the dog, who immediately thought 'Ohhhh, treats!' and snapped it up before I could shout 'arachnid!'. He looked a little puzzled, since it was the first plastic flavoured spider he'd eaten, but he's game for most things, so it didn't phase him.

GF meanwhile was stood in the middle of the room - hair everywhere like she'd been pulled through a hedge backwards by an angry goat, shaking with a heady mix of fear, relief and anger... I was simply grateful that she didn't actually have the spider catcher in her hand at this moment, since I think she would have found a rather different, and more painful use for it.

I have yet to find out if the actually catcher does what it is supposed to do. You don't get that many spiders in the sort of motel you go to for sanctuary in the middle of a cold winters night. If I'm very lucky, I might be allowed back into the house one day....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2016 10:42 AM BST

StarTech DVI-I to DVI-D Dual Link Video Cable Adapter F/M
StarTech DVI-I to DVI-D Dual Link Video Cable Adapter F/M

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Sept. 2015
Does exactly what it should.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 8 Sept. 2015
Very good - absolutely chock full of stuff.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10