Profile for A. M. Stout > Reviews

Content by A. M. Stout

A. M. Stout "breathoftheearth"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
iWhite Instant Two Professional Teeth Whitening Kit - 10 Trays
iWhite Instant Two Professional Teeth Whitening Kit - 10 Trays

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, 19 Sept. 2017
Did not work at all. The trays are poorly fitting, far too small and the product in them had zero effect on whitening my teeth. Total rip off - do not waste your money on this rubbish. I was lucky to get this for half the price in Boots, rather than paying £30 for this useless kit.

Fruit of the Loom Childrens T Shirt in Yellow Size 5-6 (SS6B)
Fruit of the Loom Childrens T Shirt in Yellow Size 5-6 (SS6B)
Offered by Active Apparel Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality tshirt, 19 Sept. 2017
I purchased this in an emergency as my son needed a yellow tshirt for his sports day. Although the item was of a good quality it was far too large and I needed to take it up. I think the sizes must run a bit large.

Boys Girls Unisex Shadow Stripe Gym Sports Football Games School PE Shorts (Small (4-5 Years), Royal Blue)
Offered by My Shoe Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for the price, 19 Sept. 2017
I bought these from amazon as they were cheaper (and quicker) than ordering through the school's supplier. Pretty decent quality, although starting to fray a bit now through hard use. Would definitely buy again.

Dear Zoo
Dear Zoo
by Rod Campbell
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 19 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Dear Zoo (Board book)
A classic lift the flap book. My young son loved this

Dear Santa
Dear Santa
by Rod Campbell
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice Christmas stocking filler, 19 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Dear Santa (Board book)
My 1.5 year old son loves this book. A colorful and entertaining lift the flap book. Ideal as a stocking filler.

Spinderella
Spinderella
by Julia Donaldson

4.0 out of 5 stars Football playing spider, 19 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Spinderella (Paperback)
This story is about a football playing spider. I bought this for my 6 year old son. He enjoyed it although I personally do not feel it is as good as the other Julia Donaldson books.

Zog and the Flying Doctors
Zog and the Flying Doctors
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good children's book, 19 Sept. 2017
I bought this for my son and he loved it - just as good as the first Zog book, I appreciated the Girl Power message as *SPOILERS Princess Pearl wrangles her own escape from the castle by using her brains.

All Around The Town
All Around The Town

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 19 Sept. 2017
I bought this as a Kindle Daily Deal gamble and, although it was quite enjoyable and entertaining in places, the book overall is a bit daft.
I found the almost purple prose when the writer describes the beauty of the main character, (pretty much when she appears in any scene) to be a bit grating after while and the kidnapping plot didn't make much sense. *SPOILERS* I found it hard to believe that the two antagonists, after getting away with abducting and abusing the main character as a child, would not only go on to becoming prominent television evangelists but would also begin to stalk her as an adult!
Overall, this was a pretty decent throwaway holiday read but there are far better books that I would recommend.

The Future Homemakers of America
The Future Homemakers of America

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 19 Sept. 2017
I absolutely loved this touching, heartwarming and at times hilarious book and could re-read it over and over again.
It is a riveting story of friendship between four very different women; starting as young Air Force wives in the 50s and covering almost the full span of their lives. The wives are seen to go through a wide range of life's trials and tribulations from motherhood, relationship breakdowns, infidelity, camaraderie, feuds, and death. The characters are very well written and believable and you will find yourself genuinely caring about them.
Highly recommended.

TWINS FLAME Women's Latex 9 Steel Boned Breathable Waist Training Corset Cincher
Offered by ShapewearX-UK LLC

4.0 out of 5 stars Waist trainer, 19 Sept. 2017
I don't think this has improved my waistline at all (although that might be more to do with all the cake!).
It is a real struggle to get the corset on but once it is on it stays in place. It provides a lovely hourglass shape but the outline is visible under thinner clothes. The corset is well made, out of a sort of rubbery material, and the hook-and-eye catches are firmly sewn in.
I find wearing it it makes me sweat a lot more but this might something that would aid in weight loss.
My only complaint is that (apart from it not being a magic bullet solution) is that it rode up a bit under my bust and pushed it up somewhat - this might not be a problem for taller customers (I'm 5'2)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8