Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Alice Cooper Shop now Fitbit
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Woking, Surrey United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
BIOGRAPHY BOOKS FOR KINDLE: Hillary Clinton: Blood, Beauty, and Hard Choices (Biographies and Memoirs, Biographies of Famous People, Biography, Political ... Hillary Clinton Books, Election Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip-off, 7 Jun. 2015
I bought this by mistake instead of Hillary's autobiography which is obviously what the writers were intending. The grammatical errors are disgraceful and the facts erroneous. For example, it says that Bill Clinton's term of office as President was terminated early which is a load of rubbish. DO NOT BUY.

Trophy Hunt (Joe Pickett series Book 4)
Trophy Hunt (Joe Pickett series Book 4)

2.0 out of 5 stars First book I haven't enjoyed. Oh well, 17 Dec. 2014
C J Box, what were you thinking?!! Sorry that was a load of balony. Weak all round. First book I haven't enjoyed. Oh well, onto the next...

Cricut Explore Die Cutting Design-Draw-Cut-Craft System
Cricut Explore Die Cutting Design-Draw-Cut-Craft System

1.0 out of 5 stars Still not up to scratch compared to all the other ..., 6 Aug. 2014
Still not up to scratch compared to all the other machines out there. To do ANYTHING you need an internet connection. It's generally still too restrictive. Come on, Provocraft, move with the times. Get real.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2015 1:10 PM BST

The Better Bag Maker: An Illustrated Handbook of Handbag Design • Techniques, Tips, and Tricks

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps you add professional touches to your bags, 19 May 2014
I have been looking for a bag book like this for a long time. I have loads of bag books with fantastic bags but the instructions are mostly sketchy. When I make a bag I am often disappointed with the zippers I have put in which are untidy. Nicole has some great tips for securing fabric pieces and zippers while you sew and I can't wait to get stuck into my first bag. Also, there are instructions for resizing any of the bags.

Pictures are included with the instructions which help tremendously. Yes, some of the instructions are quite complex (as is the case with any intricate bag) but if you take the time to follow the pictures and read carefully it becomes clear. I wouldn't dream of doing a hard square bottom but I will now. I also like her array of professional looking handles and with all the patterns to go with her example bags, its an absolute steal. Yes, you can get some of these tips off the internet but not all in one place.

Finally, he bag at the end of the book which converts into a backpack is exactly what I have been looking for this past year now that I don't have a car. This pattern alone would cost me the price of the whole book. Well done, Nicole.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2014 9:33 AM GMT

eKit 4-in-1 Connection Kit with Samsung 30 Pin Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7/Tab 8.9/Tab 10.1 and Tab 2 7.0/Tab 10.1 and Galaxy Note 10.1 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Galaxy Tablet 10.1, 29 Sept. 2013
I take this on holiday with me and plug in the smart media card from my camera to look at my pics. The ability to connect media cards and usb sticks to the samsung galaxy tablet gives this the edge over the ipad in my book. It's easy to copy files from the card to the tablet using My Files (it automatically recognises the device). The smart media card comes up as usbDriveA. I navigate to the picture, tick the box, go to the top menu and copy and then find my new location on the tablet and go to the top menu and paste it. That easy. As is taking off pictures taken on the tablet. Nuff said.

Ladies Long Sleeve T-Shirt Top Womens - Pink - 8 / 10
Ladies Long Sleeve T-Shirt Top Womens - Pink - 8 / 10
Offered by Eliza Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the price, 29 Sept. 2013
I think for what they cost they are not bad - I bought 5. I found the lighter colours too see through and like the other reviewers, I think the fabric is quite thin. However, the darker ones are fine and been great during the hot weather. I do tend to wear them around the house and as under garments and as such they work well. The fit has been good.

Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 A4, Duplex Wi-Fi Scanner
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 A4, Duplex Wi-Fi Scanner

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, what a time saver!, 29 Sept. 2013
I LOVE this product. I have ten years of personal accounts to scan as well as files with useful info. With my flatbed scanner it would have taken ages.

Things I like about it:
- I can chuck in a whole wodge of papers and it will scan the whole lot into one document at speed regardless of size of paper. Don't forget to take out the staples!
- If you then want the document separated you can separate it into single pages.
- It takes out blank pages automatically.
- It is very sensitive and warns you if you have a document which is folded but you can tell it to continue if this isn't an issue. I am not worried it will skip a page.
- Having Adobe Acrobat means that you can delete a page from the document if you wish.
- I haven't had to change the scan quality - even faint pages have come out when I didn't expect them to.
- There is a transparent folder to scan awkward docs. I wouldn't mind a couple more.
- You don't even have to change the guides to scan small docs if you put them in the middle.

How I would improve it:
- I wish there was a simple button to change from single to duplex but you have to bring up the scan manager to change this.
- It took me a while to find the Scan Manager to change the settings. Once you know where it is, it is easy. In Windows it is on the bottom toolbar on the right (click arrow). DOUBLE-click snapscan icon to open it.

I hate throwing away magazines/periodicals that I think might be useful but now I have been cutting them on the fold, removing the staples and scanning them in, in one go. Awesome. No more clutter!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2014 7:26 PM BST

Omron HJ-720ITC Pocket Pedometer with Advanced Omron Health Management Software
Omron HJ-720ITC Pocket Pedometer with Advanced Omron Health Management Software
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, 4 Sept. 2013
I bought this pedometer 5 years ago and it is still one of the best. However, I wanted to link my exercise info with MyFitnessPal.com and ended up getting a Fitbit Zip. The Zip is no where near as accurate but the ability to link it online is useful to me even though it urks me that the data is not totally accurate. I see that Omron have new versions of their pedometer, the HJ-323U, HJ-324U and HJA-312 (activity tracker) which link up to their own new PC and online software but Amazon UK don't sell these versions. There is no question that if it linked up to MyFitnessPal.com I would go for these - so much better than any of the Fitbit. If this is not a important to you, get one of the Omron pedometers!

The pedometer here links up with their old Omron Health Management Software which you can still get at [...] The photograph on the page shows the blood pressure page but it also has a fitness page. I loaded it on Windows 7 and it worked. It shows steps, aerobic steps, walking time, distance, calories burnt and fat burnt. You can put in goals and it has an achievement slider against each bit of info to show whether you are achieving your goals. Fairly basic but quite visible. You can export data into a .csv file.

Polymer Clay Global Perspectives: Emerging Ideas and Techniques from 125 International Artists

5.0 out of 5 stars SO much content, 15 Aug. 2013
I haven't used polymer clay a lot myself but I know a lot about it and already have 10 books on it. I have followed polymer clay techniques over 20 years just because of my fascination with the product.

I just loved this book. It's a great book for intermediate users. Beginners might not find the explanations detailed enough BUT it would be inspiring and certainly give you a pretty good idea of all the things you can do and where to go to research more. There are a huge variety of techniques. If you are an experienced polymer clay artist have a look at the content page first and see if there are any artists who have techniques that you would love to learn.

The value I got from the book is that polymer clay artists are now combining the clay more with acrylic paints, inks and foils than they did in the past and this is where I learnt a lot compared with the other books I have. A lovely mix of artist's works and tutorials.

Art Quilt Portfolio: The Natural World
Art Quilt Portfolio: The Natural World
by Martha Sielman

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Lovely..., 5 Mar. 2013
If you are thinking of doing your own nature art quilt (or any quilt for that matter) it's a must-have for inspiration and ideas. Some artists are reviewed in detail and they give a brief explanation of their work methods which I personally found very useful. I also find the stories of how they got into quilting fascinating. The book covers artists using the whole range of quilting and art techniques. Just a wonderful book with beautiful quilts!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3