Profile for ahappygoth > Reviews

Miaow
Miaow
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars the beautiful south's darker album, 15 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Miaow (Audio CD)
I love the band, and I love all their albums in one way or another but miaow is just a little cut above the rest. Each album has a theme I think (drink fuelled, arty, happy, lonely) but this one is the darker album I feel. My favourite song has to be mini correct. The brutal male over female song has the best lyrics possible "So you left me for another pretty face?" "That's not true I left you for one half the human race" is a good example and although some say it is a bit too masculine and not for the easily offended as a female I think it is hillarious and Paul has written plenty of songs that belittle men so I don't feel women should be offended by this song. Sit back and listen to the lyrics. Fantastic. Apart from Mini correct, stand out songs for me are Poppy, Good as Gold (stupid as mud) and espeically for you.
Great album, which has two different covers.

Pure Dead Brilliant
Pure Dead Brilliant
by Debi Gliori

5.0 out of 5 stars pure dead AMAZING!, 15 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Pure Dead Brilliant (Paperback)
I have to admit I was being shallow when I read the first book in this series. It looked gorgeous on my shelf!
Having read all 4 to date I can tell you they are amazing! A family kinda based on the Addams family and just as entertaining. This one is my favourite purely because I love the baby Damp. Damp is amazing and says the cutest things. Plus we discover in this book that she is much more than we thought she was. All the monsters are hillairous especially new mother Frup and Tock the crocodile. Pandora and titus, the main characters have some great dialogue and mrs Macclochlan is the nanny we all wished we had had as a kid.
Read this book, it is amazing and read the others you won't regret it!

Gaze
Gaze
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars will everyone stop moaning, 11 Jun. 2004
This review is from: Gaze (Audio CD)
having been a beautiful south fan for what seems like ages and having listened to all but one album (which i plan on listening to- painting it red) it's great to see paul and the guys on top form again. I thought they had gone downhill since quench but one listen to gaze and i know they are back on form. even my non BS fan friends liked it.
Personal favourites are "Just a few things I'm not", "Life vs Lifeless" "The Gates" "101% man" and "forbidden fruit". The new female vocalist is cool (although was a big fan of jackie) and paul seems all happy again.
So stop moaning about the album, it's great and in my opinion is up there with 0898 and miaow.