Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Planet Earth II [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Sir David Attenborough
Offered by GOODS CLICK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Planet Earth II [DVD] [2016] (DVD)
So far so good. I'm watching it on TV, but I've bought my father the DVD for Christmas.

Doctor Who - Series 9 Part 2 [DVD]
Doctor Who - Series 9 Part 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Capaldi
Offered by Amore DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Nov. 2015
This is a comment on the show, not the DVD or the price (which I agree with the others, is ridiculous at £33).
That said, I expect the price will drop to around £18 once it's released, the first part did this, too. As do a lot of books I pre-order, they drop down in price once they're available.
So far, half way through the second part of series 9, the show has been pretty strong. I wasn't expecting to like the Zygon episodes, because I don't like Zygons, they're my least favourite Who villain. But the two-part story was strong enough on its own to carry the Zygons through.
That said, the next episode - Sleep No More, is by far the weakest episode of series 9. Going by the preview, episode 10 looks to be a very strong one. And the summary for episode 12, the finale, looks to be brilliant. The Doctor is back on Gallifrey, and Clara is dead. There's also rumours that Clara is the hybrid. I guess time will tell.

Warchild: The Collected Edition (The Warchild Box Set)
Warchild: The Collected Edition (The Warchild Box Set)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story - SPOILERS AHEAD-, 9 Nov. 2015
Great story, but I couldn't help but feel disappointed with the way it ended. Caroline needed to be the one to win the battle between her and Finn, not Tanner shooting Finn. That cheapened Caroline's journey and courage, and her Kinder's ability. Also, the fact that she didn't get to free her people and win the war. I had this idea all through the series that Caroline and her friends (which included Finn until the end of book 2 and I'm still not happy about his character turning bad) winning the war. This was a good story, but I can't help feeling disappointed with how things turned out.
Still - worth a read, for those who've ignored the spoiler warning.

Warchild: Judas (The Warchild Series Book 2)
Warchild: Judas (The Warchild Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars As with the rest of the series so far, I'm happy to recommend this., 9 Nov. 2015
Excellent second part Great series so far. A big plot twist appeared in this one, which took me back a bit. I'm hesitant to admit that I didn't like it at first, because I don't want to put people off reading it. But that's how I felt, and after the initial shock wore off, I was back reading it, and I'm glad to be.
As with the rest of the series so far, I'm happy to recommend this.

A Shirtful of Frogs - a ww2 time-travel adventure
A Shirtful of Frogs - a ww2 time-travel adventure

5.0 out of 5 stars Very much enjoyed this., 6 Nov. 2015
I very much enjoyed this. Apparently it's written primarily for children, but really, it's written well enough, and the plot's interesting enough to satisfy anyone of any age.

Doctor Who - Series 9 Part 1 [DVD] [2015]
Doctor Who - Series 9 Part 1 [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Peter Capaldi
Offered by The Happy Zombie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first half to series 9, 23 Sept. 2015
Great (half) series. I am enjoying this series much more than the last one. So far out of 9 episodes (which includes three episodes in the next part, not this one), only 2 were episodes that I didn't much like. The two with Maisie Williams, and Sleep No More. This happens in every series, and every show. Not every episode is fantastic.
Still, over all, season 9 has been a strong one.

Brief Candle in the Dark: My Life in Science
Brief Candle in the Dark: My Life in Science
by Richard Dawkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely recommend a read., 15 Sept. 2015
As with part one, this book is funny, informative, digressive, and was both educational and entertaining to read. He touches upon the twenty-five postgraduate years he spent teaching at Oxford. His time as a travelling scientist. As well as his experiences with publishers, television producers, interviewers and partners in debates and discussions.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Billy Elliot The Musical Live [DVD] [2014]
Billy Elliot The Musical Live [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Elliott Hanna

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Aug. 2015
I enjoyed this even better than the film. I'm not a fan of musicals, really. But this is an exception. I loved the movie so thought I'd give the musical a chance and was just blown away by the cast, the acting, the dancing, the music, the comedy, the whole production. Particularly that of the young lad, Elliot (Billy). Fantastic. I wouldn't mind going to see the show live but I live about 500 miles away from London. But the DVD is the next best thing.

Weeds The Complete Collection Seasons 1-8
Weeds The Complete Collection Seasons 1-8
Offered by IMSSALES

5.0 out of 5 stars An exceptionally good show., 5 Aug. 2015
An exceptionally good show.
I've watched the whole series three times now. It's very funny (dark comedy), smart and action-packed.

All Pond Solutions - Aquatlantis Funny Fish 35 Aquarium Fish Tank - 13 Litres - Purple
Offered by All Pond Solutions

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusable for me: Too small for my one goldfish, 3 Aug. 2015
Too small for my 'one' goldfish. A nice tank for small (very small) fish. It's smaller than it looks. My old tank was verging on being too small. This one was half that size.
It's probably my fault for not being more careful about size (which is stated on the product's details section). So my rating is based on the quality of the product, and not my (in)ability to use it
Also, the delivery arrived very quick. Earlier than expected, but appreciated.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6