Profile for Mr. M. Sims > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Sims

Mr. M. Sims (Suffolk, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
iPhone X / 8 Wireless Charger, GooDee Movable Coil High-Speed Fast Wireless Charging Stand Hidden LED Indicator Design for All Qi Enabled Devices, Black
Offered by GooDee

5.0 out of 5 stars Nightstand or Desktop Wireless Charger, 12 Feb. 2017
I just got a new phone it has wireless charging so to take advantage of this I thought I would buy a shiney new charger.. I bought this one to go on my desk at work... It's had very positive feedback from my collegues regarding the looks.. functionality is spot on .. It has a very discrete blue LED in the base that makes glow very gently when the phone starts charging... lasts a few seconds then goes out.. In office light it is barely visable but enough to know it's there... So I'm going to get another to go beside my bed .. It will be ideal for this

Cateye El130/Tl130 Set
Cateye El130/Tl130 Set
Offered by GsportsUK

3.0 out of 5 stars Blinded by the light !!, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Cateye El130/Tl130 Set (Sports)
I bought this light set from that well known car accessory that end in ***fords, initially very impressed with the quality with the tool free fitting, set them up for my commute to work.

I cycle around 20 miles to and from work, of which 6 is under street lights... the rest is pitch black Norfolk country lanes... so .. under street light fine as these were being used as indicator 'as hey there is a cyclist on the road' so strobing on front and back ... pretty happy so far with my hi vis on ..

Pulled onto country lanes... completely different story.. the front with its opticube nonsense seem to push a much light upward into you face as on the road and forward... so imagine a flashing light right under your nose, shining across your eyeball as your trying to navigate pot holes and ****** drivers coming the other way with their full beams on .... and as a static light to light the up road it's range is very limited (less than 3 metres) This could be fixed with a clip over brim type accessory.

So I've wrapped black insulation tape around the sides and top where the clear lens is.. that's bodged but sorted.... I've added a cheapo ebay.. cree type with variable focus front light to light the road in front ( and give the car drivers a bit of thier own back) and the cateye flashing..

I can't really recommend the set ... the rear perfectly acceptable, nice and bright easy to fit and easy to remove from the bracket. The front is a joke, crap range,leaks water, quite good in flash mode in town.. lovely in pitch dark if you like to cycle in a **ggin discotheque..

just a little message to car driver driving on country lane (especially in Norfolk/North Suffolk) ***** DIP YOUR BLOODY HEADLIGHTs WHEN YOU COME ACROSS CYCLISTS ****** our eyes are are just getting used to the low levels when some moron comes the other way with 4.21 gigawatts of bluey white HID Bi-Xenons on full blast.. we have to stop as cannot see !!!

Selectec® 65W Brand New Laptop AC Adapter / Power Supply Charger / Power Cord for DELL INSPIRON 300m 500m 505m 510m 600m 610m 630m 640m 700m 710m 1150 6000 6400 8500 8600 9200 9300 9400 E1405 E1705 1420 1501 1520 1521 1525 1526 1545, DELL LATITUDE D400 D410 D420 D430 D500 D505 D510 D520 D530 D531 D531N D5401 D600 D610 D620, D630, D630N, D631 D631N D800 D810 D830 D830N 131L X300, DELL PRECISION M20 M60 M65 M70 M140 M1210
Offered by QVolt ✔ VAT Registered ✔ ☎ 01925 44 55 33

LYL Bluetooth Obdii Obd2 Diagnostic Scanner for Check Engine Light CAR Code Reader
Offered by Boutique-Mister-Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth OBD II tool, 24 Feb. 2013
All modern cars have computers and sensors to keep them running efficiently and safely, all grand if it's working fine... but if something is going wrong or there is a fault most of us ship our tin boxes off to the local garage or stealership for fixing without really knowing the diagnosis.

Now just to explain, I'm probably the most Sceptical man in the world, I hate taking somebody's word for anything... (and a bit tight...) so when I roll one of my cars off for any work to be done I like to know that I'm not being taken for a ride.

I bought this scanner to detect and clear the error codes on my VW Beetle and just a to keep an eye on my Renault Espace Mk IV as it acted a bit strange on a long trip last year and I just wanted a way of seeing what was going on in case it done it again.

I also have a USB one but this is must more useful as you can take the car for a run and watch in real time on your phone/tablet etc without having to strap your laptop to the passenger seat.

I have been using an android phone(ICS)and tablet (honeycomb) and using the free Torque app. I still cant get my phone to hook up with blue tooth but my tablet works a treat.. I will have a go with a an apple phone and report later. Not even looked at the supplied disk

I tried both cars now, I cleared down the error on the beetle and on both cars in real time it gave a multitude of information (engine temp,intake air volume etc... that can be displayed as numbers,meters or graphs so if you have a doubt on sensor it will all become clear very quickly.

So impressed with this little gadget just have one in the glove box for under a tenner.. nice free app ( apple users I expect it will cost you. as you lot like paying for everything :-))

Could get you the nod on whats going on or just for nosing around under the bonnet without getting your hands greasy..
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2014 4:36 PM BST

VonHaus 23-55" Tilt & Swivel TV Wall Mount Bracket with Cable Management System for LED, LCD, 3D, Curved, Plasma, Flat Screen Televisions - Super Strong 40kg Weight Capacity

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good value, 27 Jan. 2013
Used in one of the kid's bedroom to hang a 32 lcd just above a xbox. Used the large screws that come in the large accessory pack into a stud of a stud wall.. . I used the vesa 400x200 setup, the 'extension' arms fit very easily and feel very secure. impressed considering the price. it's not the prettiest bracket in the world but i won't be seen and it has the full range of movement.

It's cheap and does the job perfectly well.

VonHaus 33-60" Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket with Built-In Spirit Level for LED, LCD, 3D, Curved, Plasma, Flat Screen Televisions - Super Strong 75kg Weight Capacity
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value for Money, 29 July 2011
What are you waiting for !!! buy it .. !!

Worked perfectly for my 47" LG LCD ..

Nice pack of all the fittings you could ever want

It's not mega close to the wall, but it's close enough to make it a bit of a faff hooking it over and screwing up the bottom screws even with the set fully tilted back...

**** SIMSEY TIP OF THE DAY ****

Plug in all your cables into your tv before hanging it up....

Continental Ultra GatorSkin 700 x 28C DuraSkin Tyre
Continental Ultra GatorSkin 700 x 28C DuraSkin Tyre
Offered by WoollyHatShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Puncture Free and Longevity, 6 May 2011
I got a Boardman Hybrid earlier this year and the stock tyres while very fast running are very thin and prone to punctures .....a lot of puntures.. it was getting me down.flints and thorns being the main culprit

I bought a pair of Schwalbe marathon plus from my local bike shop, I've always used these on my hybrids and always feel confident that they won't let you down ( litterally!!) for all my might I couldn't make them stay on ... any more than 50 psi and the bead would disengage and the tube would pop out...I returned them reluctently..

I got a pair of these Contis...from Amazon and so far so good ...easy on, nice flexible sidewalls,mostly slick with a small pattern as a tread.. wacked 110 psi in and no dramas .. looked ok as well

I had nice little 60 mile round Suffolk last Saturday and they have been great.. mostly road.. a bit of breckland path and a bit of dusty gravel tracks ( not fun on 28c tyres )and the bike and tyres coped very well..

This week cycling to work, daily 18 mile round trip ... plenty of hedge cuttings,pot holes,squashed wildlife & broken glass

So I've done around 140 miles and no puntures ..They feel as free running as the Maxis detonator stock tyre and I would say they are less skiterish over bumps and hitting +25 mph and nice a grippy in the corners.. people say they are good in the wet so don't have to worry about that..

nuff said really .. I like them .. time will tell if they last and the puncture protection is reliable

***** Update *****

June 2011.. Got to 750 miles and my first puncture, so not bad really ... took the opportunity to swap them around to even out the wear, not that they need it as they look hardly worn the front still had the manufacturing seam down the middle. Still not had a decent chance to check out the rain grip, but I'm not moaning..

***** Update *****

March 2012.. done about 3.5k on these now... one is starting to puncture.. so going to replace it by ordering another... under £22 delivered... £3 cheaper than last year !!! my local bike shop has them up for £35 !!

Did find out by the way why the Schwalbes were popping off the rims... apparently some of the Boardmans have undersized wheels, not by much but enough to make correct size tyres pop off ... Contis are apparently very tight to fit on correct size wheels... So bob on for Boardmans...

all in all puncture free and longevity ( I am poet and my mother knows it )

***** Update ******

July 2013

Time for a new rear, my fault really, I had put in 120psi as I was competing in a local Tri and I must of gone over something pretty sharp as it has gone through the protection..

Price has gone up to just under £26 but not much for all those miles of not having that horrible sinking feeling.

I will just add, I run these at about 80psi on my daily commute as I'm a bit (lot) of a lard a** and I think it just makes it little easier on them.... also a bit of a training aid as when you pump them up to go racing... you fly..
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2013 12:59 PM BST

Ford Galaxy 5dr MPV With Roof Rails 95-06 Lockable Roof Bars
Ford Galaxy 5dr MPV With Roof Rails 95-06 Lockable Roof Bars
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

5.0 out of 5 stars Ford Galaxy Roof Rails, 11 Sept. 2010
Very good value roof rails, quick and easy to fit .

Max load isn't the highest I've seen at 50kg, but perfectly adequate for the kayak.

Simple and effective design for clamping and locking

Very happy with purchase and would recommend to others

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Kinky !!, 14 July 2010
Got a new BB and I'm ham fisted at the best of times, so some sort of protection was needed ...

We use Otterboxes on the tablets at work and always been impressed with the quality of the product and the protection levels. This BB protector is more of the same.

Get the screen protector on first. Good size and fits easily with no bubbles using the handy card and screen cleaner

Then slip on the case. Good snug fit, feels more substantial than those silicon covers.

It's made the BB look and feel a bit more 'beefy'

Not dropped the phone (yet) so don't know how good the protection is , but it's at least going to stop those everyday scratches and bumps without loosing any functionality

Half-Life 2: The Orange Box (PC DVD)
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gordon's not a moron, 9 May 2010
I was a massive fan of the first half-life game and the add on games Blue shift etc...

When Half-Life 2 came out I had to have it, so I bought it full price and was and still is the most incredible, imersive first person game ever.. story,game play,puzzles,action,weapons,graphics,sound,AI... infact everything are amazing

Recently I thought I'd revist Nova Prospect to see how eveyone was..and everybody is fine... including that mad eastern european chap on the roof tops and those rabid things that scare the bejesus out of you .. lets face it,most things in that dystopian world are ready to tear you a new ....

When I'd finished this time I thought I'd like to carry on exploring. After checking out Amazon looks like Orange box was the best deal... but all I wanted was the 2 expansion games, but you get all this for tiny £15 .. The full game, 2 episodes , portal and Team fortress..unbelievable value...(yep I have two copies of the original game now )

I'm still on episode 1 and it's more of the same..

If you work out your cost per hour equation for this, it's down to pence..

Buy it , do don't need a mega power PC and steam is alright really..(with a broadband connect)

But I have a warning, be prepared to be thrown into another world , remember you have to make time for your real life and you have to go work, talk your family...eat

I kinda wish that I could play it again, and not know what's coming ....

Page: 1 | 2