Profile for Me > Reviews

Stone Effect Dragon Candle Holder Fantasy Art
Stone Effect Dragon Candle Holder Fantasy Art
Offered by Osiris Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely figurine, 24 Mar. 2015
This figurine is absolutely gorgeous and quite unusual. It has a good weight, and the detail on the dragon is spot on. If I have any complaints, it would be the felt on the bottom. It's not cut very well to fit the shape and hangs over the edge, spoiling the look. Easily fixed by trimming it myself but I shouldn't have to. Also, a regular tealight candle will fit in the candle slot but I tried using a Yankee tealight and the hole is just a smidge too small. Still a very nice ornament though.

Fantasy Dragon & Wizard Holding Crystal & Dragon Staff 26cm
Fantasy Dragon & Wizard Holding Crystal & Dragon Staff 26cm
Offered by I_am_fresh_always

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a really nice figurine, good quality without weighing a ton, 6 Mar. 2015
This is a really nice figurine, good quality without weighing a ton. The detail is lovely, and the colours match my other dragon ornaments really well. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because one of the dragon's fragile horns had broken off in transit, and it'll glue back on but it could do with being packaged with a bit more polystyrene. I thought that the staff has also come loose, but this isn't attached, it slides into the hole in the wizard's hand. A good idea, or this may have snapped off also. All in all, highly recommended.

Silica Gel Pouches - Pack of 50 - 1g Silica Gel Sachets - Total Gel Weight 50g
Silica Gel Pouches - Pack of 50 - 1g Silica Gel Sachets - Total Gel Weight 50g
Offered by CelloExpress

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and effective, 15 Feb. 2015
I had a problem with damp in my wardrobe, and started using the large dehumidifiers that you hang on the rail, which helped, but a pair of boots I put in there kept getting mildew on them. I scattered a few of these pouches on the wardrobe floor, and it seems to have helped, the boots don't get mildewey now.

Baby Boum (75 x 85cm) Snuggly Bean Bag Cover with Cute 3D Teddy AppliquÚ (Purple)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant beanbag cover, 4 Feb. 2015
I needed a replacement cover for a huge beanbag that I've had for years and was reluctant to part with. I've shopped everywhere for something suitable, and this was the closest I could find. It's a little bigger than I needed it to be, but it's ok, as I can always stitch it smaller if I decide to do that. The quality is great, the fabric is like a terry cloth, slightly stretchy and the colour is exactly as shown on the site. I'll be redecorating soon, and will probably end up getting another of these in a different colour so it matches the new decor. If you don't want to use it as a beanbag cover, putting foam in it would also work well. An excellent purchase.

Reaction (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 6)
Reaction (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series!, 29 Jan. 2015
I was a bit reluctant to read a series as I have the attention span of a gnat, so long stories have a hard time grabbing my interest. However, I was on the lookout for an author I wasn’t familiar with, and since the first book was free, I gave it a go. I was impressed from the very first chapter. The writer’s style is right up my street.

The way the book flows is excellent, he tends to write about a character or group’s point of view in short bursts, then moves onto the next. I loved this, it kept me on my toes and more importantly, I was interested to see what happened next, it was like multiple relentless cliffhangers. I didn’t know how tense I’d been reading these books until I realised my shoulders ached afterwards.

The characters were brilliant. The main ones were all people I could identify with, and I had a physical reaction to a lot of the things they did, I was so engrossed in their stories. There were also parts that were very sad, and I felt despair for the characters.

The gore wasn’t too bad at all for me, I don’t mind ultra-violent stories. It ramped up a bit as the series went on, and I cringed a bit whilst reading some of the rather vivid descriptions, but it was never enough to put me off.

If I had only one complaint, it was some of the character development in the 6th book. New characters were always being introduced, which prevented it from getting stale, but by the last book, I found it a bit jarring that the writer spent so much time talking about characters we’d only glanced upon early on in the series. I understand the logic behind it because of the direction of the storyline, but by that stage, I was so into all the mayhem and action, it felt a bit deflating to change the pace so drastically.

That said, I could hardly put these books down, and the ending was very satisfying. It isn’t just another zombie apocalypse story. I’m gutted that the author hasn’t written more books, but I’ve bought another couple of his, and I hope to enjoy them just as much.

Trauma (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 5)
Trauma (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series!, 29 Jan. 2015

Psychosis (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 3)
Psychosis (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series!, 29 Jan. 2015

Mutation (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 4)
Mutation (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series!, 29 Jan. 2015

Shock (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 2)
Shock (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series!, 29 Jan. 2015

Panic (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 1)
Panic (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 1)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10