Profile for Me > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Cloud Nine Luxury Gift Set, Original Iron
Cloud Nine Luxury Gift Set, Original Iron

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful straighteners, 5 July 2015
I originally had the GHD IV straighteners but wanted to try a new pair. I tried two GHD versions and hated them, they snagged my hair and fried it. My hairdresser recommended the Cloud 9 ones and I'm glad I chose these as opposed to the ones with two settings. These are excellent. They don't snag at all, and I honestly believe they've improved the condition of my hair. Between these and the products I'm now using, I have very little frizz, even with the severe humidity we've had the last couple of weeks. Well worth the steep asking price.

Duronic TVS213BS - 3 Shelf model - Glass Floor 30"-50" TV Stand and Swivel Bracket. Suitable for LCD, Plasma, Led, 3D TV's 32" 37" 40" 42" 46" 50"
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely stand, very classy, 5 July 2015
I read the reviews for this and couldn't understand what the fuss was about when I looked at the instructions for myself. However, when I started building it, it was like reading gobbledegook. You have to build the first part upside down, and after getting stuck and staring at it for 10 minutes, I realised I got two of the metal plates mixed up. Once I figured it out, I built the rest very quickly, about an hour total in the end. It says you need two people, but as long as you have something to prop the shelves up with while you're building it, you don't need a second person.

My tv is 32" and sits on this perfectly, it's rock solid, and very heavy. The cable tidy is a very nice addition. Not only does it look neater, but is makes the whole thing much easier to deal with. You can just unplug everything and leave the cables in the unit.

The only downsides are that the dust shows up really quickly on the glass, and the shelves are only just deep enough to fit the equipment on. If you have a really thick cable, it pushes the equipment toward the very edge of the shelf so it's almost hanging off.

That said, I really do love this unit, its beautiful and very well made, highly recommended.

ladies swarovski element silver amethyst heart dolphin Penguin cat pendant necklace ,for women girls, (garnet red heart 15)
Offered by findout

2.0 out of 5 stars Too bulky, 8 Jun. 2015
I should've read the dimensions properly as I thought this was thin and delicate, but it's actually small but really bulky. The heart itself is a lovely colour and exactly what I wanted, but it just wasn't my sort of jewellery. It also gave me a bit of a rash where the chain was.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2015 10:11 PM BST

Stone Effect Dragon Candle Holder Fantasy Art
Stone Effect Dragon Candle Holder Fantasy Art

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely figurine, 24 Mar. 2015
This figurine is absolutely gorgeous and quite unusual. It has a good weight, and the detail on the dragon is spot on. If I have any complaints, it would be the felt on the bottom. It's not cut very well to fit the shape and hangs over the edge, spoiling the look. Easily fixed by trimming it myself but I shouldn't have to. Also, a regular tealight candle will fit in the candle slot but I tried using a Yankee tealight and the hole is just a smidge too small. Still a very nice ornament though.

Fantasy Dragon & Wizard Holding Crystal & Dragon Staff 26cm
Fantasy Dragon & Wizard Holding Crystal & Dragon Staff 26cm
Offered by I_am_fresh_always

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a really nice figurine, good quality without weighing a ton, 6 Mar. 2015
This is a really nice figurine, good quality without weighing a ton. The detail is lovely, and the colours match my other dragon ornaments really well. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because one of the dragon's fragile horns had broken off in transit, and it'll glue back on but it could do with being packaged with a bit more polystyrene. I thought that the staff has also come loose, but this isn't attached, it slides into the hole in the wizard's hand. A good idea, or this may have snapped off also. All in all, highly recommended.

Silica Gel Pouches - Pack of 50 - 1g Silica Gel Sachets - Total Gel Weight 50g
Silica Gel Pouches - Pack of 50 - 1g Silica Gel Sachets - Total Gel Weight 50g
Offered by CelloExpress

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and effective, 15 Feb. 2015
I had a problem with damp in my wardrobe, and started using the large dehumidifiers that you hang on the rail, which helped, but a pair of boots I put in there kept getting mildew on them. I scattered a few of these pouches on the wardrobe floor, and it seems to have helped, the boots don't get mildewey now.

Baby Boum (75 x 85cm) Snuggly Bean Bag Cover with Cute 3D Teddy AppliquÚ (Purple)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant beanbag cover, 4 Feb. 2015
I needed a replacement cover for a huge beanbag that I've had for years and was reluctant to part with. I've shopped everywhere for something suitable, and this was the closest I could find. It's a little bigger than I needed it to be, but it's ok, as I can always stitch it smaller if I decide to do that. The quality is great, the fabric is like a terry cloth, slightly stretchy and the colour is exactly as shown on the site. I'll be redecorating soon, and will probably end up getting another of these in a different colour so it matches the new decor. If you don't want to use it as a beanbag cover, putting foam in it would also work well. An excellent purchase.

Reaction (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 6)
Reaction (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series!, 29 Jan. 2015
I was a bit reluctant to read a series as I have the attention span of a gnat, so long stories have a hard time grabbing my interest. However, I was on the lookout for an author I wasn’t familiar with, and since the first book was free, I gave it a go. I was impressed from the very first chapter. The writer’s style is right up my street.

The way the book flows is excellent, he tends to write about a character or group’s point of view in short bursts, then moves onto the next. I loved this, it kept me on my toes and more importantly, I was interested to see what happened next, it was like multiple relentless cliffhangers. I didn’t know how tense I’d been reading these books until I realised my shoulders ached afterwards.

The characters were brilliant. The main ones were all people I could identify with, and I had a physical reaction to a lot of the things they did, I was so engrossed in their stories. There were also parts that were very sad, and I felt despair for the characters.

The gore wasn’t too bad at all for me, I don’t mind ultra-violent stories. It ramped up a bit as the series went on, and I cringed a bit whilst reading some of the rather vivid descriptions, but it was never enough to put me off.

If I had only one complaint, it was some of the character development in the 6th book. New characters were always being introduced, which prevented it from getting stale, but by the last book, I found it a bit jarring that the writer spent so much time talking about characters we’d only glanced upon early on in the series. I understand the logic behind it because of the direction of the storyline, but by that stage, I was so into all the mayhem and action, it felt a bit deflating to change the pace so drastically.

That said, I could hardly put these books down, and the ending was very satisfying. It isn’t just another zombie apocalypse story. I’m gutted that the author hasn’t written more books, but I’ve bought another couple of his, and I hope to enjoy them just as much.

Trauma (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 5)
Trauma (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series!, 29 Jan. 2015

Psychosis (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 3)
Psychosis (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 3)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10