Profile for Mike W8 > Reviews

Content by Mike W8

Mike W8 "Catchingsam" (East Anglia, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

4.0 out of 5 stars Alice in Wonderland (for Kindle), 30 April 2014
I bought this as I had never read the book in my youth. I only give it 4 stars as I enjoyed reading it, but it kept referring to pictures which, of course, were in black and white; Kindle's fault not the book's.

Pyrex 750 ml Kitchen Lab Measure and Mix Beaker
Pyrex 750 ml Kitchen Lab Measure and Mix Beaker

4.0 out of 5 stars Pyrex 750 ml lab measure and mixer beaker., 30 April 2014
Well packed and arrived when expected. I have given the beaker only 4 stars as the measuring only start at 70mls for liquid and I had hoped that I would be able to measure 40mls and upwards. Otherwise a very good beaker from Pyrex.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital Pocket scales 200gm to 0.01 accuracy, 30 April 2014
Arrived on time and well packed. The scales appear good, but only time will tell whether they are robust and accurate over a longish period. As they come, at a very good price, without a 100gm weight by which to calibrate, I am waiting for the delivery of one which I have ordered. I will have to give a follow up in a few months time after they have had some use.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2014 10:30 AM BST

Powerball 250 Hz Pro - Amber
Powerball 250 Hz Pro - Amber

3.0 out of 5 stars Powerball 250 Hz Pro, 15 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Powerball 250 Hz Pro (Sports)
It arrived on time and was well packed as Amazon things usually are. I was undecided whether to give this 2 or 3 stars. Why the 2 star consideration? Well I have tried, tried and tried again, but I cannot get the things to work. As I put this down to my inadequacies, I thought that it was only fair to give it 3 stars. Anyone with any hints as to how to operate it would be appreciated!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2014 1:03 PM BST

Russell Hobbs 20411 Hampshire Brushed Kettle, 1.7 L, 3000 W - Brushed Stainless Steel Silver

2.0 out of 5 stars Russell Hobbs electric kettle, 15 Mar. 2014
It is a kettle and it boils as advertised. However, if I had inspected this in a store I would not have bought it. Firstly, it has inside the kettle, on the handle side, 3 red indicators for 1,2 or 3 cups; when I raise the lid to fill from the tap I have to peer over the lid to see into the kettle to see these indicators - not easy. Secondly, it has a transparent section for one to see the amount of water in the kettle, unfortunately, this is directly behind the handle and is not easily seen. Thirdly, it states that after descaling and rinsing, to put your hand in the kettle, with a cloth, to wipe out the inside, I have difficulty getting my hand in the kettle without a cloth clutched in my hand. Finally, I am used to kettles with larger spout areas and this is advertised as 'Perfect Pour' spout, to me I want a greater flow of water from my kettle.

If you want a kettle which boils water fairly quickly and you do not mind what I dislike about it, then go ahead and buy it, but I do not recommend it.

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Keyboard reader, 15 Mar. 2014
I have had this for some time now and use it practically every day. I would not want to be without a Kindle reader of some type. I have been tempted to buy the paperwhite version, but some of the reviews have put me off. Whilst this one is still useable I will keep it as I am extremely pleased with it. I went on a month's holiday and read everyday, at night and in bed, and it was the most convenient way to have so many books with me. Things I miss is not having colour illustrations and page numbers, however it serves its purpose well.

Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner, 1300 W - Orange
Vax 6131T 3-in-1 Canister Vacuum Cleaner, 1300 W - Orange

3.0 out of 5 stars Vax 3-in-1 Multivax dry vacuum and carpet washer, 15 Mar. 2014
It is heavy and noisy, however it is a powerful vacuum cleaner and at times it tries to lift the carpet. I have not tried out the carpet washing facility as it looked too much bother and I would have too much furniture to move before I could wash the carpet so this usefulness has not been tested or rated. On second thoughts I could have purchased a similar looking vacuum cleaner for less and saved the bother of having the extra washing facility which I will not be using.

Oral-B PrecisionClean Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads Powered by Braun - Pack of 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Oral-B replacement heads, 15 Mar. 2014
I had bought in the past non-Oral-B replacement heads and, to be frank, I wasted my money as they were not anywhere near the standard of genuine spares. However, the price of spare/replacement heads in high street stores are too expensive. Buying a pack of 8 at the price charged by Amazon are, compared to other outlets, a bargain.

Recommended.

XO Premium Install 2m Optical TOSLINK Digital Audio SPDIF Cable - Black. Compatible with PS4/PS3, Xbox One, Wii, Sky Q, Sky HD, HD TVs, DVD, Blu-Rays, AV Amp.
Offered by HDCentral

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital Optical Cable 2metre, 26 Jan. 2014
Researched Digital Optical Cables (DOC) and found that one could pay a lot of money for these. Quite a few reviews stated that you did not need gold plated connections for TV to Soundbar. Looked in certain high street electrical stores and was quite surprised at their prices. Looked at Amazon and the price of £5.44 was very attractive. Ordered and it arrived very quickly. Having never handled a DOC before I was surprised not to notice the shaped ends. Connecting to the soundbar was not easy as it would not fit in and there was not much room to see which way it should plug into the female socket. A torch and a magnifying glass helped and finally all fitted. Switched on and everything worked perfectly. A good buy and well worth the price.

Snug fit Padded Camera Case with Pouches for PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-TZ57 TZ55 TZ40 SZ10,CANON PowerShot SX610 SX620 S120 IXUS 285 275 HS 265 180 175,Nikon L31 A300, SONY W800 WX350 WX500 HX50 HX60, & More compact cameras
Offered by BV-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Padded Camera Pouch, 2 Dec. 2013
It came, the camera was loaded into it and it performs the function for which it was bought, I even manage to carry a spare battery as well. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14