Profile for Mike W8 > Reviews

Content by Mike W8

Mike W8 "Catchingsam" (East Anglia, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver
Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver
Offered by SKYWISH

2.0 out of 5 stars I must explain that I like at least a 380mls mug of coffee at a ..., 28 July 2014
I have the T40 and after using it for several months I am now changing back to grinding coffee beans and making it in the traditional way. Why you may ask! Using the Tassimo is convenient, and this is the only thing which I consider OK. The coffee, tea and milk pods are not cheap and, although I have tried several different types of the coffee pods they do not come up to the standard I desire. I must explain that I like at least a 380mls mug of coffee at a time and the majority of pods do not cater for this amount. Use of the machine, I get an Amber light when inserting a pod and closing the handle down. I later discovered that this was caused by coffee grounds leaking out and covering the reader of the barcode. I also found that at times there is a considerable build up of coffee grounds within the area in which one puts the pods, more Amber lights, and more cleaning needed. Cleaning the input area is not easy. There are times when it is on its final steam hissing that it also sprays some coffee and grounds out into the near area of the machine.
Overall, I would not buy one of this type of pod coffee making machines again, it's only asset is convenience, except when you have to clean up the mess.

The Girl Who Played With Fire (Millennium Series Book 2)
The Girl Who Played With Fire (Millennium Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stieg Larsson Books, 11 Jun. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 of the books and only wish that he had written many more. The film was good, but I preferred reading as one gets more depth and emotion with the written word when written well.

The Fire King (The Alterra Histories Book 1)
The Fire King (The Alterra Histories Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Part 2 of The Alterra Series., 11 Jun. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed the first book, Elfhunter and at times did not want to put it down. I was looking forward to reading this, but as it was some time ago that I read the first book, I found it difficult to remember the characters and get acquainted them again, especially with their strange names. I enjoyed the book, but nowhere near as much as the first one; it just did not grip as the earlier book did. However, I am looking forward to reading the next book when it comes out on Kindle at a reasonable price.

Deadly Stillwater: A compelling crime thriller (Mac McRyan Mystery Series Book)
Deadly Stillwater: A compelling crime thriller (Mac McRyan Mystery Series Book)

1.0 out of 5 stars Deadly Stillwater, 11 Jun. 2014
This book is over descriptive, contains too much detail about cities and towns in the USA which has no relevance to the story. Also a lot of US police jargon and the use of bad language. I found the over-long description of McRyan (Mac) rather nauseating and I nearly gave up then. I persisted to the end, but skipped read a lot of the time until the end but still felt dissatisfied. I won't be bothering reading this author again. I thought that the plot was good but poorly written.

Marware Vassen Kindle Cover, Purple  [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle (5th Generation), Kindle Touch (4th Generation) and Kindle (7th Generation)]
Marware Vassen Kindle Cover, Purple [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle (5th Generation), Kindle Touch (4th Generation) and Kindle (7th Generation)]

4.0 out of 5 stars Marware Vassen Kindle Cover, 24 May 2014
Initially disappointed as it stated "fits Kindle ...." and I, foolishly, thought that it would fit my original Kindle with keyboard. Of course it doesn't. However, I had just bought a Paperwhite so I have fitted this into the cover. A slight struggle to get the tight elastic corners bands flat against the Kindle, but otherwise all seems well. How long it will last I know not, but I am completely satisfied with it at the moment. Just have to buy another cover for my 'original' Kindle!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars 100 Gram Chrome Weight, 24 May 2014
Arrived when expected and it does what it was meant to do. I weighed it on 2 of my other scales and it weighed 100 grams as advertised and I calibrated my pocket scales with it.

WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black
WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars WD Elements 1 TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0, 30 April 2014
I have now been using this as a backup drive for some time not and have found that it works as any external HD should. I am pleased with it. At the time it was a good price, but I now notice that you are able to purchase 1TB drives for a lot less and some of them, (I have 2) one would describe as pocket drives they are so small.

Kingston Technology 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Kingston Technology 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston Technology 8gB USB 2.0 Flash Drives, 30 April 2014
I bought the 4GB Flash Drives from the same manufacturer and found them very good as they did the job they were bought for, so I also bought the 8GB ones and am perfectly happy with them. Not too much you can say about flash drives - they work or they don't. These work.

Kingston Technology 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Kingston Technology 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston Technology 4GB USB 2.0 Flash drive, 30 April 2014
I have used these for over a year now and they still work perfectly well. So good that I also bought the 8GB from the same manufacturer.

JVC HA-EB75 In-Ear Sweat Resistant Sports Headphones with Adjustable Clip - Blue
Offered by Best-GIG

3.0 out of 5 stars JVC HA-EB75-AE Sports Headphones with Adjustable Clip, 30 April 2014
Well they work, but I found difficulty getting a good fit and they kept coming loose so I stopped using them and considered them a waste of money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14