Profile for Mr. Joseph Wakerley > Reviews

Content by Mr. Joseph Wak...

Mr. Joseph Wakerley (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hand Grip Strengthener Set, x2 Hand Strengthener, Adjustable Resistance Range 10-40 KG, Therapy Hand Gripper Set, Best Hand Exerciser Trainer for Athletes and Musicians, BONUS eBook - By MegaMetz

4.0 out of 5 stars Practically Silent (quiet comfortable too), 11 Aug. 2017
Significantly quieter than the more traditional style grip strengthener, they are practically silent.

While more comfortable than most others I've used, can still rub in places. I should probably just man up, but a pair of gloves would fix the problem any way.

The adjustment for the reststance is not very precise, I can't tell what it is set to very well because the markers are wide and the spring clip used to line up with markers is also wide. I tend to use one at a time to ensure parity.

Blade Runner: The Final Cut (2-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [1982]
Blade Runner: The Final Cut (2-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [1982]
Dvd ~ Harrison Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars A Film Everyone Should See, 11 Aug. 2017
A classic film, I can only hope that the soon to be released modern remake can recapture the fantastic lighting and atmosphere this film pulls off so well. Some superb acting from all involved, topped only by the cinematography. It maybe falls short on all out action younger modern cinema goers may be expecting, but it isn't necessary here. It poses insightful questions about humanity without going overboard on the subject.

Should be on everyone's bucket list, I am however unsure if this final cut edition has had the music tampered with. It is great, don't get me wrong, but I swear it isn't the same as the original theatrical cut I saw years ago. I'm maybe wrong on this.

7629W - TCX S-Speed Waterproof Motorcycle Boots 43 Black/Graphite (UK 9)
7629W - TCX S-Speed Waterproof Motorcycle Boots 43 Black/Graphite (UK 9)
Offered by Motorcycle Parts Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Build Quality, 20 April 2015
Extremely comfortable, not too hot in warm weather, not cold in winter either. Yet to test the waterproofing on them, but the build quality is superb, so wouldn't doubt them. The ankle support makes me feel very confident without making gears shifts difficult.

My only gripe, and it is a very minor one, is that the shin protection is quite big, making it a bit difficult to get textile trousers or jeans over the top of them. Saying that, in the event of an accident you'd be glad the shin protection is as bulky as it is.

Will definitely be looking at TCX boots again in the future, although I plan on these lasting me a while yet.

Best price I found was £149.99 for the waterproof version here on Amazon.co.uk, everywhere else has them for £170+ or £149.99 for the ventilated summer version.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Air Cooler '4 Heatpipes, 1x 120mm PWM Fan, 4-Pin Connector' RR-212E-16PK-R1

4.0 out of 5 stars but it does a good job of keeping things cool without breaking the bank, 9 Mar. 2015
Mounting it is a pain, but it does a good job of keeping things cool without breaking the bank. Thermal paste must be applied yourself but it is provided.

BenQ XL2411Z 24 inch 144 Hz e-Sports Gaming Monitor (1 ms Response Time, FPS Mode, Black eQualiser, Flicker-free, Height Adjustment Stand, HDMI x 2) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Colours were better than I expected after reading other reviews, 9 Mar. 2015
Colours were better than I expected after reading other reviews, but you do need to tinker with the settings. The 144hz refresh rate is fantastic for gaming, but you will need a decent GPU in order to reach that frame-rate in some games.

The monitor has a nice matte bezel, which isn't too thick, but could be thinner in my opinion.

When using it for the first time, always use either displayport or dual-link DVI cables, HDMI does not support 144hz in its current revision. You will also need to set the refresh rate to 144hz from within Windows.

EVGA 100-B1-0500-KR - 500W 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply (100-B1-0500-KR)
EVGA 100-B1-0500-KR - 500W 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply (100-B1-0500-KR)
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Persistent and annoying ticking/grinding noise, 9 Mar. 2015
A decent PSU, but if you plan on using it with the fan facing downwards, buy another model. The fan is pulled off of its bearing slightly and it catches on the metal grill, which leads to a persistent and annoying ticking/grinding noise. Has to be used with the fan facing up, which is a slight issue in my case, the NZXT H440 only has about 1-2mm clearance for air to pass above the PSU.

Braid on the 24-pin cable is ok at best, some of the cables are a little on the short side. The CPU cable would not reach behind the back tray of my H440 case, which is worrying as its not a full size case.

Edit: 20th April 2015, the PSU is now making a horrendous noise, presumably from the fan. Will have to RMA.

Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard (4x DDR3, 6x USB3.0, 8x USB2.0, GBE, LAN, HDMI, DVI-I, DSUB)

4.0 out of 5 stars BIOS is easy to understand, 9 Mar. 2015
BIOS is easy to understand, it looks great and it feels like a premium product. One minor note is that the heat-sinks around the VRM area feel a little loose, but not something I'd worry about.

WD 1 TB 7200 RPM 3.5-inch Desktop Hard Drive Including WD Express Warranty (Frustration Free Packaging) - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars A good HDD, good price, 9 Mar. 2015
A good HDD, good price, fast enough for for what it is. Had it for a few months now and it hasn't failed, what I'd expect from Western Digital.

Nothing spectacular, but HDD's are an old technology now, but if you want space at a good price, this works.

Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card (PCI Express 1.0, Smart Volume Normalizer, Xear 3D Virtual Speaker Shifter, Magic Voice)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference!, 14 Jun. 2013
I had my PC for about a year, I built it myself with an AsRock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard, which has Realtek ALC898 built-in. This gives out perfectly fine audio, but I wanted to try something a bit better, so I wanted a budget sound card. I bought the Asus Xonar DGX elsewhere, but I wanted to review it on Amazon, where I'd normally buy my PC equipment.

After installing the card in the 1x PCIE slot, and then the driver after booting up Windows 7 64-bit(according to the manual that order is quite important, don't know if that's the issue other reviewers are causing). I fiddled with the audio software that comes with the driver, and the difference is astounding. The headphone amp is pretty useful, and the different mixer settings help when you switch between music and gaming.

The audio has much more punch and clarity overall, and the settings can be adjusted to suite what you are listening to. As it is a budget card, you should buy an equivalent set of headphones/speakers. £40+ headphones and maybe a slightly more expensive set of 5.1 speakers.

I haven't tried the Virtual 7.1 surround sound with games yet, but with movies it works very nicely. Not a massive impact, its not going to be as good as proper surround sound speakers, but its definitely worth trying, although it may not be to everyones tastes.

On a side note, the only flaw I can find, is that the software looks like it was designed in 1995, but it still functions perfectly well.

Corsair CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 Vengeance 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz C10 XMP Performance Memory Kit - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Piece of Kit, Great Buy, 13 Oct. 2012
I bought two sticks of this RAM, totalling 16GB's. I use it on an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard with an Intel i7 3770K CPU. I work as a 3D artist and animator, so I need as much RAM as possible, video editing software of any kind runs better when you have as much as possible. Adobe After Effects uses 80%+ of the RAM, this is the same no matter how much you have, these sticks are low cost, high quality and high capacity, so you can't go wrong with them. I'd go for higher capacity memory over higher speed memory for most applications, its just more cost effective and the difference in those overclocked speeds are negligable, 1600mhz on a modern system is perfectly good.

Also, you have to do some fiddling in Windows if you have RAM over 1600mhz for a Z77 system. So if you're not sure about that, just use this RAM and you will get the best performance without too much messing about.

The price has dropped from £45 to nearly £30 since I bought it, so I will probably upgrade at some point in the future :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2013 11:35 PM BST