Profile for Chris Hedgehog > Reviews

Content by Chris Hedgehog

Chris Hedgehog

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Car Phone Holder For CD Slot - In-Car Magnetic Mount That Fits Into Car CD Player Slot - Keeps Mobile Fixed in Car, Use With 1 Hand - Best For iPhone, Samsung, Nexus And All Smartphones & GPS Devices
Offered by Smartphone Solutions UK

5.0 out of 5 stars At last ..a phone holder that works., 13 Jun. 2016
I've been looking for something like this for ages. The powerful magnet holds the device in place securely. Angle is perfect. Only slight issue is that on my Renault Scenic the gearstick sits high and it is possible to knock the device with your hand when changing gear. Just takes a but if getting used to. U would certainly recommend this product.

Dr. Marten's Charla Broadway, Women's Boots, Brown, 7 UK
Dr. Marten's Charla Broadway, Women's Boots, Brown, 7 UK
Offered by BRANDBOX.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality boot., 29 Feb. 2016
These are lovely boots - bought for my wife.she's very happy with them..but they are quite snug. Be aware when ordering.

Taylor of Old Bond Street 150g Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl
Taylor of Old Bond Street 150g Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl
Offered by For Men's Grooming

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 29 Feb. 2016
Bought for my son, who loves this. it's very fragrant and if you like the sandalwood smell you'll like this.

Fruit of the Loom T-Shirts 5 Pack - Super Premium T - color set 1 - XXL
Fruit of the Loom T-Shirts 5 Pack - Super Premium T - color set 1 - XXL
Offered by TSHIRT PRINTING 4 U

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 29 Feb. 2016
Nice thick T-shirts. I've had them a while now and they don't appear to shrink when washed, and the colours are fast too. Great price for very good quality product.

Beechfield B900 Morf Original Snood Bright Red
Beechfield B900 Morf Original Snood Bright Red
Offered by COOZO

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what we ordered, 29 Feb. 2016
Good value - arrived quickly and was exactly what was expected.

Womens Black Gym Shorts Ladies Hot Pants - Running Cycling Yoga Dance Size 8 10 12 14 16 18 (Small 8-10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as expected, 29 Feb. 2016
Exactly as expected. They arrived very quickly. Ordered for may daughter as part of her dance clothing.

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Pay As You Go Android Smartphone - Black
Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Pay As You Go Android Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly good device - and unbelievably cheap, 29 Feb. 2016
I would start by saying that this is not the sort of phone I would normally buy or use. Why? Because it's cheap. I tend to use smartphones a lot - I am one of those annoying people you have all seen and know who is constantly staring at their phone. Looking at Facebook, photographing meals, checking news - sometimes even making a phone call! I have always tended towards the upper end of the ranges. I'm not keen on iPhones - despite the excellent build quality, they don't do everything I want and I won't be held to ransom for storage space. My last phone was a Sony Experia Z3, which was in many ways an excellent device, though with some flaws. I would have been happy to hang on to it but after just 6 months it developed a serious screen fault so it has now been returned and put me into the position of having to replace my device. I defaulted immediately to the high end devices as usual. I really like the look of the Samsung Galaxy S6 plus but at £700 - that's a serious amount of cash. I should point out that I prefer to buy my phone outright and go SIM only, which works well for me - I don't really like being tied into long expensive contracts, but a year tie in for just the SIM is okay. I decided not to go for a replacement Xperia Z3. I really wanted a bigger screen and so looked at the alternatives. Weighing up what I wanted I started wondering if I should just get something cheap and cheerful to keep me going until I could decide what I really wanted. This seemed like a good idea so I started to research the other end of the smartphone market. Enter the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6. Every review I read seemed to put this at the top choice of budget smartphones. In this case it ticked nearly every box for what I wanted at any price. After a while it seemed like a no-brainer. This would be my temporary replacement. Except that's not how it's turned out. The device arrived within 36 hours of ordering (free delivery) First impressions were very good. This does not look or feel like a cheap or basic phone. It's very solidly constructed and made from good quality materials. Okay it's not metal but it feels nicely weighted (not overly light) and looks just like any other decent smartphone. (actually it looks very much like the iphone 6s plus and as I found out later is almost exactly the same size. It doesn't stand out. The device looks very anonymous. It's also pretty big. The screen is 5.5" which is for me just about perfect. Any bigger and it would be a bit tricky to use with one hand. The screen resolution is really really good. This is one of the areas I was concerned about, as the Z3 is pretty good, and I did not expect it to measure up. It does. If you like the Samsung super amoled oversaturation then you might find the colours a bit neutral, butactually they are very very good, HD media looks absolutely fine. I was worried about the performance of the thing - would it be slow and laggy?. Well, no it isn't. 2gb of ram is plenty and everything appears to run just as smoothly as on my previous devices. It has pretty much all the features I want. (ok I liked the fact that I didn't have to worry about the Z3 getting splashed, but at this price I don't have to worry about this one either) The other area I was concerned about was sound quality. I was already very disappointed with the Z3 - stereo front facing speakers but they were quiet, tinny and they distorted at high volume. Well this is only mono (obviously , at this price) and okay it's not brilliant but it is perfectly adequate. Through headphones it is as good as I would expect from any device. Battery life is not as good as the Z3 but it's as good or better than most other phones I've had. Virtually stock Android is another nice thing, and all in all this phone is just such an unbelievably amazing value.The fact that I have been comparing this to my Z3 , which was Sony's flagship device just a year or so ago says an awful lot for this. I could go and on about the performance and features for this price but it's pointless. If you're after a decent device at any price and you don't care if it doesn't have the label of being 'high end' just buy it. This is no longer my temporary phone. I won't be looking for anything better - this does the job perfectly and it's doing it at a fraction of the price of the high end models. No it doesn't have things like fingerprint scanners or curved glass or even a metal case. If you need all that it's all available for about 4 times the price. I would recommend this device very highly indeed.

The Sound of Music [DVD]
The Sound of Music [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julie Andrews

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 5 Feb. 2016
This review is from: The Sound of Music [DVD] (DVD)
Surely everyone has seen this..? I saw it with my Nana in 1968. Still a good film if a bit chintzy. Classic score and songs great technicolour. Perfect Sunday tea film.

Clinique Happy Eau de Parfum for Women 50 ml
Clinique Happy Eau de Parfum for Women 50 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars My wife smells nice now.., 5 Feb. 2016
I bought this for my wife - it was on her xmas list and seemed like an easy option. Apparently women don't like to buy their own perfume. No idea why. Anyway it arrived on good time and the price seemed competitive. My wife is happy and she smells nice now so all good.

LUJII X11C 4 Channel 6 Axis 2.4G RC Quadcopter With HD Camera Gyro/ Flash Lights 360-degree 3D Helicopters (Syma X11C Black)
Offered by Mini Kitty

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 5 Feb. 2016
Great fun..but not easy to fly. I think it will be once I've got the hang of it. The copter does seem fairly robust which is just as well as I have crashed it into everything. It has sustained a tiny bit of repairable damage but easily fixed. You get spare blades and a sheet of parts to order! I haven't tried the camera yet - I need to achieve more than 5 seconds in the air first! I will probably get some spare batteries as a few minutes after a full charge and it's empty again. As an intro into flying quadcopters I'd recommend this. I may update the review when I get better at flying the thing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10