Profile for Ninette Kelly > Reviews

Content by Ninette Kelly

Ninette Kelly "Ninette Kelly" (Somewhere over the rainbow)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Wireless Qi Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge S7 Edge Charger Charging Pad Plate Dock Docking Station for Smartphones and Tablets Nokia Google Nexus LG G Pro (Captain America)
Offered by MB Direct Trading Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars It looks very nice but it takes just as long as a USB ..., 7 Oct. 2015
It looks very nice but it takes just as long as a USB cable to charge and it also depends on which way the phone is pointing. The instruction manual has been very badly translated into English and is unreadable, fortunately its easy enough to work out. Its a bit of a gimmick, nice if you want a Capt America shield not very useful as a phone charger.

The Night Sun Tarot
The Night Sun Tarot
by Fabio Listrani

5.0 out of 5 stars A darkly Gothic beautiful deck, 11 April 2015
This review is from: The Night Sun Tarot (Cards)
I bought this deck after reading a review on Aeclectic. I was a bit worried because I had read that it could be a brutal deck and hard to read. It read after a few shuffles and was friendly and chatty, no problems there, I've never really had a problem with new decks, apart from the Robin Wood, which REFUSED TO READ FOR ME, in the end I gave it away, blinking thing.

I love fantasy and Gothic art so I think it is a beautiful deck, the Death card is very striking indeed, the figure is female with a skeleton face, she is heavily pregnant and has the name of God written on her pubis. I also love the Hermit, he has very piercing blue eyes and a knowing look on his face. The Lovers (I have never seen a decent Lovers card as yet) is an advert for domestic violence - the guy looks like he's either going to deck the priest or his girlfriend!

The minors follow traditional colours, blue, green, yellow and red. Justice and Strength are swopped round, which I believe is traditional. It has Cabbalistic and astrological symbols on the cards, I don't 'do' Crowley, having had unpleasant experiences of Cabbala in the past, but I do use Astrology.

The two of cups is two people swopping a beating bloody heart - I like it but some may not. The King and Queen of Swords both have beating hearts in cages by their thrones. The Five of cups looks like Brad Pitt in Fight Club.

Legacy of the Divine Tarot
Legacy of the Divine Tarot
by Ciro Marchetti
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars I am not fond of the Lovers - it looks like an illustration from 'the joy of sex, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Legacy of the Divine Tarot (Cards)
A very intuitive deck that read straight out of the box. The illustrations are lovely if rather cheesy, I am not fond of the Lovers - it looks like an illustration from 'the joy of sex,' saying that though a lot of thought has gone into the deck and it shows.

Dr Martens Women's Core 1461 Casual Lace Up
Dr Martens Women's Core 1461 Casual Lace Up
Price: £65.00 - £155.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Docs, quick delivery., 10 Jan. 2015
The docs are great, Im a 6.5 wide UK so bought a 7 which fitted perfectly. The colour is more pink than described but none the worse for that. Very comfortable as well. My last pair lasted 20 years. I shall buy more colours when funds allow. Quick delivery, recommended.

Deviant Moon Tarot: Premier Edition
Deviant Moon Tarot: Premier Edition
by Patrick Valenza

4.0 out of 5 stars Deviant Moon Tarot, 28 May 2014
I purchased this after reading a review on Aeclectic. I love this deck, it is easy to read, the cards are of good quality if slightly on the large size which can make shuffling awkward. The artwork is deliciously weird.

Fournier Le Tarot De Marseille
Fournier Le Tarot De Marseille

5.0 out of 5 stars Le Tarot de Marseille (Fournier), 28 May 2014
I purchased this after reading a review in the Aeclectic Tarot Forum. It is an astonishingly powerful deck, it read straight out of the box after a little shuffling with no problems at all. I didn't need to dedicate it to The Lady as it was already there or carry it around for a while. The only slight problem was it was difficult to tell which suit was which but after a bit of thought that was resolved. The deck is both Male and Female and it's significator is The Lovers. I'd recommend this deck 100%.

The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards)
The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards)
by Phillip Carr-Gomm;Stephanie Carr-Gomm;Will Worthington

5.0 out of 5 stars The Druid Craft tarot Deck, 11 April 2014
I bought this after seeing a review on Aeclectic and I was not disappointed, this must be the most beautiful deck in my collection, the artwork is simply stunning! I particularly like the Lovers, its depiction of a loving couple sleeping peacefully in the forest is gorgeous.

The deck was easy to read from the moment I got it out of the box, I interviewed it and dedicated it to the Lady and it has been very chatty.

It isn't a pocket sized deck by any means, the cards are HUGE but then again if they were any smaller the artwork would probably suffer.

Tarot Illuminati
Tarot Illuminati
by Kim Huggens

4.0 out of 5 stars Tarot Illuminati, 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Tarot Illuminati (Cards)
Purchased after reading a review on Aeclectic.

This is a wonderfully flamboyant and over the top deck that is a fine addition to any tarot card collection.

When the deck arrived a lot of the cards were stuck together and it took a while to separate them and get them to point where I could shuffle them properly. The cards are also thicker than normal so the deck is twice the height of my normal deck in, they are also quite heavy but overall are of good quality.

The illustrations are gorgeous and very reminiscent of 70's illustrators, Philip Druilet springs to mind, it seems to be a case of NEED MOAR GOLD NOW! Oh look there is a quiet spot on a card, ADD MOAR GOLD! I would say that some of the photo-shopping is terrible, out of proportion hands and feet and heads that look like they've been stuck on randomly. The majors are well done, I love them all which is rare for me, as are the minors, no complaints there at all.

I dedicated the deck to the Lady and blessed it, it picked out my significator cards with ease. I also asked it what it preferred to talk about and it came up with feelings and emotions, which surprised me as it is so flamboyant. Once that was established it read like a dream.

I would definitely recommend this to beginners and experts alike.

Book of Shadows Tarot: As Above Volume I: Full colour 78 card Tarot Deck and Instructions

4.0 out of 5 stars As above, 27 Feb. 2014
I love this deck, the images are stunning and very well done, as a Wiccan it is perfect for me. I would say though that it isnt for someone new to the Tarot as it follows Wiccan tradition rather than Rider-Waite, many of the card meanings have changed.

It is a very slow moving deck which prefers to do long range readings, it also doesnt like yes/no questions or reverses.

A true Wiccan deck.

As Above Deck: Book of Shadows Tarot, Volume 1
As Above Deck: Book of Shadows Tarot, Volume 1
by Lo Scarabeo

4.0 out of 5 stars Book of Shadows - As above, 14 Jan. 2014
4.5 Stars as Amazon won't let me give half a star.

I bought this deck after reading a review on the Aeclectic Tarot website and I'm glad I did.

The deck is for those who follow the Wiccan path, as I do, and it REALLY speaks to me and was very easy to read straight out of the box. Saying that anyone who is unfamiliar with the imagery and Wiccan traditions may struggle to interpret the cards, they don't follow the traditional Rider-Waite decks at all. A beginner and someone who has used the RW deck would also struggle with it I think.

The cards are solid and not flimsy at all, they shuffle very well and feel nice in the hand and the printing is good.

Wands, Cups, Pentacles and Swords are replaced with Earth, Air, Fire and Water. There are no Kings, Queens and Pages as such and have been changed to Maiden, Mother and Crone, the Page is an elemental energy (as teenagers seem to be.) It all fits together beautifully.

The Majors are very striking and beautiful, I was particularly struck by 'The God' (The Emperor) it seems fitting to me that the Lord should be represented as the Emperor while the Empress is The Lady. The cards aren't traditionally named, Death for instance is Yule, Judgement is Initiation, The Hermit is 'the path' and The Tower is renamed 'omens.' The names all make perfect sense in my opinion.

The only think I was disappointed with was The Magician card, it's my birthcard, I have swopped it for another card from another deck.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5