Profile for Lexies mum > Reviews

Content by Lexies mum

Lexies mum

AZATOM® Droid Black - Powerful Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker - Dual 5W driver and Woofer - iPhone 6s - 6 - 5s - 5c - 4s - Android. Deep Powerful Bass - Designed and Developed in the UK - Auto reconnect - Long life battery upto 15 Hours of Music
Offered by 4Cool Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker, 20 Feb. 2014
I run baby classes and needed a wireless speaker to play specific pieces of music during the class. This speaker was recommended by a colleague and it's brilliant, easy to set up and use. The sound is fine for use in the church halls/village halls I use - I think some others are louder but for the price this is great. Lasts for hours between charges and very easy to charge using standard USB. A couple of friends who have seen it at my house also bought it and I've also bought it as a gift too. Love it.

LEGO Bricks & More 10656: My First Princess
LEGO Bricks & More 10656: My First Princess
Offered by Mytoyfactory

4.0 out of 5 stars It's OK......, 20 Feb. 2014
Nice set and Lego is always reliable. Like all small sets, expensive for what you get really but children love it.

Kids/Girls Polyester/Lycra/Cloth Swimming Hat/Cap (Princess)
Kids/Girls Polyester/Lycra/Cloth Swimming Hat/Cap (Princess)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof....., 20 Feb. 2014
OK I understand that sometimes swimming hats are required to keep longer hair under control in the water/avoid snagging or getting sucked/tangled in pool filters etc, all very wise. But the details on this product do not mention that this swimming hat isn't waterproof, which is what I wanted. Perhaps I should have known that the fabric mix wouldn't be waterproof, but I'm no fabric technologist and until it arrived couldn't know whether it was treated in some way. I've given it 2 stars because it was easy to put on and remove, and my little girl loved the design. The product details need to be clearer though.

Dave
Dave
by Sue Hendra

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 20 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Dave (Paperback)
This book was brilliantly narrated at a local playgroup and had all the adults laughing along with the children. It's a fun story with plenty of potential for amusing sound effects......amusing to young children at least! The illustrations are lovely and if you're looking for an educational angle, it could be about the dangers of over-eating.... although Dave doesn't learn from his experience! A simple and great fun tale.

Catch That Kitten!
Catch That Kitten!
by Pamela Duncan Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bedtime story, 20 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Catch That Kitten! (Paperback)
I came across this book in a local coffee shop and my 18 month old daughter loved it immediately, especially because of the repeated expression "Uh-oh" which features strongly in her own vocabulary at the moment! It's a lovely and simple story with beautiful illustrations, good for counting and for remembering names. Great for young toddlers.

Puppy Lane Cottage and Dog
Puppy Lane Cottage and Dog
Offered by greatproductsbestprice

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it!, 22 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Puppy Lane Cottage and Dog (Toy)
We bought the cottage for our 15-month-old daughter for Christmas and relatives added the kitchen set and garden set. From the start she has adored it and it promotes lots of different imaginative play: grooming the animals, putting things in the washing machine or cooker, watering the flowers or insisting that we knock on the door so she can let us in! We use it opened out as shown in the pictures, which gives lots of play space, especially when Mummy's in there too! When our daughter's 6-year-old cousin came to visit, she wanted to put the two halves together to make a 'real house', and the two of them played in there beautifully together although the space is pretty limited like that. It's well thought-through with nice touches like real curtains and magnet closures for the stable-style door. The construction is plastic poles fixed together with angled plastic joint pieces, with a nylon fabric cover. It's easily assembled and packs away very neatly - if you don't want to completely dis-assemble it, one half of the house fits inside the other and all the accessories fit inside that so it's pretty space-friendly. The size and level of detail is perfect for toddlers; older children might find it too basic. Some reviews have criticised it for being flimsy but so long as you're clear on what you're getting, it's great - and in my opinion much better value than some of the extortionately expensive rigid play houses. Highly recommended.

Puppy Lane Kitchen Set and Mouse
Puppy Lane Kitchen Set and Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Puppy Lane accessories, 22 Feb. 2011
Family members bought the kitchen set to add to the Puppy Lane Cottage we bought our 15-month-old daughter for Christmas. The items are easily assembled and look great in the cottage, really adding to the imaginative play. I think they're perfect for young toddlers but may not be detailed enough for older children; however I'd expect to get a good few years out of the whole set, which our daughter adores.

Puppy Lane Sofa and Cat
Puppy Lane Sofa and Cat

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK add-on for Puppy Lane Cottage, 22 Feb. 2011
We were fortunate to get this toy as part of a promotion so it came free with the Puppy Lane Cottage. If you can do the same then go for it, but if buying separately then be aware that as a previous reviewer said, the sofa is inflatable with a cover that slides around quite easily, which makes it quite tricky for our young toddler to sit on without falling off. I will be buying some sticky Velcro to fix the cover in place and I think that's a low-cost option that the manufacturers could consider. As it's inflatable, I also wouldn't expect it to last for ever but it's been ok so far (2 months) and certainly adds to the whole Puppy Lane experience which my daughter adores.

Puppy Lane Garden and Rabbit
Puppy Lane Garden and Rabbit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great imaginative play, 22 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Puppy Lane Garden and Rabbit (Toy)
We bought the Puppy Lane Cottage as a Christmas present for our 15-month-old daughter and grandparents bought the kitchen appliances set. We then added the garden and rabbit in exchange for another duplicated gift - what a good move that was. Our daughter loves the whole set and it is already stimulating lots of different imaginative play. She enjoys hiding the rabbit's carrot under the "secret" flaps in the garden, watering the flowers and 'digging'. Nutmeg the rabbit quickly became one of her favourite toys and accompanies her everywhere. Some reviews have criticised the fabric construction of the Puppy Lane things but it's robust enough, colourful and well-thought out, and because it's not rigid it packs away really easily and quickly. Definitely recommended!