Profile for Miggsy Magpie > Reviews

Content by Miggsy Magpie

Miggsy Magpie "Miggsy" (England)

One Direction: This Is Us (Blu-ray 3D) [2013] [Region Free]
One Direction: This Is Us (Blu-ray 3D) [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Harry Styles
Offered by RnR World

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars from my daughter!, 14 Jan. 2015
Does exactly what it says on the pack. My daughter loves this so I have to give it 5 stars...!

[Pack of 3] TECHGEAR® Motorola Moto G (XT1032) & Moto G 4G/LTE (1st Gen) ULTRA CLEAR LCD Screen Protectors (Not for Moto G4)
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality., 14 Jan. 2015
I was confused with the two cut-outs at the top of these screen protectors, but after asking the seller they explained about the hidden sensor (which you can see if you look carefully). The protector was easy to apply and stays in place well. Once on you can't tell its there and it does not affect the usability of the phone.

FIFA 15 (PC)
FIFA 15 (PC)
Offered by 4GamersUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend, 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: FIFA 15 (PC) (Video Game)
My son loves Fifa and I have played it with him too; the graphics and player detail are fantastic quality.

DBPOWER Full Color HD/LED Ready Projector Maximum 30000 Hours 2000 Lumens Support 1080P 720P, Native Resolution 854 and 540, Contrast 800:1, Home Theater with USB, HDMI, AV, VGA Input for PS3, XBOX360, Bluray DVD Player, Wii, PC/Laptop, TV

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing...!, 14 Jan. 2015
This is by far the worst quality projector I have ever used; I simply cannot get a clear picture no matter what is changed or adjusted. Text and pictures are slightly fuzzy at best, and the quality gets worse towards the edges. You also have to turn all lights off to be able to see the image, because it is quite a weak light that hits the wall.
The focussing lens does not have a grip or handle to make adjustments - you have to hold the huge lens casing shown in the picture. There are no automatic settings to adjust keystone, so you have to turn a clunky, cheap, plastic dial at the back of the unit, which only changes vertical alignment - nothing for horizontal alignment, so you have to set the projector up at exactly 90 degrees with the wall or the picture will not be straight.
There are a few different connections available on this unit and that's about all that I can find positive. It looks and feels cheap when you see it first hand; basically a light bulb in a box.
I was hoping to get a second unit for my staff to match the ViewSonic PJD5234 which I already own. The ViewSonic is a little more expensive but far superior to this unit - you will not be disappointed!

Canon PIXMA MX455 All-In-One Colour Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax, Apple AirPrint, Scan to Cloud and Wi-Fi)

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., 9 May 2013
The printer arrived ahead of the predicted timescale (as all my Amazon products normally do).

Unwrapping was straightforward and the first thing I found was a quick set-up guide, which was really useful and worked a treat (no need to use the main manual at all). The printer came complete with guides etc (as expected), a software CD with loads of great features, telephone cable and adapter (for the fax function), a USB cable (in case you don't want to use Wi-Fi) and two standard ink cartridges (black & colour). I've never owned a wireless printer, so it's a real bonus being able to store the printer in a convenient place where I have more room, instead of trying to make it fit next to the PC.

I've tried printing in high quality and `fast' quality (otherwise known as draft etc); the print quality is very good and even in `fast' mode, the output is fast and still good enough for letters and the kid's school homework etc (not covered in lines or misaligned), which is handy because refills are not that cheap (although I've seen standard refill kits and I'm tempted to try topping up myself..).

I haven't tried the fax yet but the copier and scanner can be operated by one-touch at the printer or easily from the PC.

The digital display/menu is pretty easy to navigate and overall, I've had no issues with this printer so far at all so at this stage, I would recommend this printer, especially as it only cost circa £50!!!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sony CMTBX77DBI Mini Hi-Fi with DAB Radio and iPod Dock
Sony CMTBX77DBI Mini Hi-Fi with DAB Radio and iPod Dock

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Right!, 23 Aug. 2010
I had been looking for a Stereo System with a dock for my iPod Touch 3G. This one looked perfect, as it is small enough to fit on my book case, but powerful enough to make my tunes sound good. The only problem was, I could not find any reference to iPod Touch in the ad, so one quick search later found the user manual online. Not only is it compatible with the 'Touch' but also the 'Classic', 'Nano' and 'Mini'. This unit looks and sounds great. Quick and easy to set up, simple controls - Just Right!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2012 2:01 AM BST