Profile for Gupster > Reviews

Content by Gupster

Gupster (Wilts, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Cusfull 5pcs Office Chair Caster Wheels Replacement Quiet Rolling & Safe for Any Floor Standard Size (Black)
Offered by Cusfull-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars super smooth, 4 Mar. 2017
These look pretty funky and also look sturdy. I've only just had them delivered and installed them so time will tell, but they look pretty robust. I needed something having had wood flooring put in. I had tried flat feet with pads on but the chair didn't move. now with these it glides across the floor. they are described as black, and for the avoidance of doubt (see the image) the metal bracket is black, but the 'soft' (it's softish not soft like rubber), is clear.

Installation was a breeze, pull out the old one, and push in the new ones. Took a few minutes.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Fallen Fruits Cast Iron Door Mat with Coir
Fallen Fruits Cast Iron Door Mat with Coir

4.0 out of 5 stars strong product, but not perfect but happy to recommend, 3 Mar. 2017
We bought this as the metal matched a boot scraper we already had by our front door and wanted something we could replace the mat when it wore out. The mat just lifts up. It was a little loose but it settled in as it became moist in the outside environment and is now a snug fit (interesting waitrose gardening website mentions it would do this - don't buy it there as it's twice the price of amazon).

I have only rated four stars as behind the mat there are two bars connecting to the frame to lift it off the ground. I assume this is to help with drainage, but it means the mat has a slight wave in it and will probably look more obvious with time as the mat gets off and sags. I'd have preferred more under the mat, maybe a mesh to lift it completely off the ground to keep it flat and help with drainage.

I am happy with the

TP-LINK TL-SG108 8 Port Metal Gigabit Ethernet Switch
TP-LINK TL-SG108 8 Port Metal Gigabit Ethernet Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust piece of kit, 3 Mar. 2017
Having moved my study around I needed to get multiple devices running off a single LAN cable, so I purchased this item. It is a solid item, that feels like it could take some abuse. I fitted it (see photo) behind a unit that is against the wall so it is tucked away; a couple of small screws was all that was needed to fit it.

It was also useful when making up extension cables off a Cat6 reel, as once made up and tested using my cable tester which validates the cables have not been swapped during installation, I was able to use this to validate the cable and speed using two ports. I understand it handles cross-over cables or not automatically.

I have actually just ordered another to reduce the cabling I have behind another unit to keep the study neater.
Comment Comment | Permalink

5 x Office Chair Glider / Glide / Castors Black From BiMi
5 x Office Chair Glider / Glide / Castors Black From BiMi
Offered by BiMi

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't slide on wood, 25 Feb. 2017
I purchased these as we were having engineered wooden flooring being installed in the study. I wanted to be able to not damage the wood and slide across the wood. The products themselves seem fine, and I added sticky felt to the bottom, but while this doesn't damage the wood, they do not slide and make the chair a heavy lump. I've having to find soft wheels instead.

I would suggest these are not suitable for this application.

Soft Replacement PU Castor Wheels for Office Chair Timber Floor, Set of 5 castors, KXD3200 black

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, 19 Feb. 2017
Ordered as we have just had wood flooring out down and wanted soft casters. The black soft ones I received were not really soft. They were softer than the original plastic ones but in a way that pine is softer than metal, but still hard! They lasted less than five minutes out of the packet from arriving before packed up to return to amazon.

Ghostbusters (2016)
Ghostbusters (2016)
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars but wasn't all that good. wouldn't rush to watch it again, 25 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Ghostbusters (2016) (Amazon Video)
It was an okay remake, but wasn't all that good. wouldn't rush to watch it again.

Julian Bowen Rebecca Headboard, Metal, Black/Gold, Single, 90cm
Julian Bowen Rebecca Headboard, Metal, Black/Gold, Single, 90cm
Offered by Furnihaus Home Furnishings

5.0 out of 5 stars look like a gentle daubing of paint (it's meant to be ..., 25 Jan. 2017
Son likes this. Solid item that was delivery really quickly. The gold bits are very subtle, look like a gentle daubing of paint (it's meant to be rustic!), which is fine as ideally we wanted just black. From a distance it's hard to really see the gold anyway.

Runpower New Laptop Battery for Apple A1321 A1286 (only for Mid 2009 2010 Version) Unibody MacBook Pro 15-Inch + Three Free Screwdrivers - 18 Months Warranty [Li-Polymer 6-cell 79Wh/7200mAh]
Offered by Weierwei*

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install and fixed my old dying expanding battery, 25 Jan. 2017
Our 2010 15inch MacBook looked like the kids had dropped it with the lower case bending outwards and the trackpad raising up. At first I blamed them but even after a strong talking to, it got worse, and I thought they are not that daft! So I looked on the tear down pictures on the web of this device and realised it was only really the battery in that part of the device, after some googling found this has happened before with the battery degrading and expanding pushing stuff out.

After much looking, not wanting to order the wrong thing or get a crappy product, I bought this. Aided that it came with the screwdrivers etc. It took maybe 15min to install. if being critical the cable is shorter than the original so was a little tricky to get on and be secure, but a little fiddling did it. Also was able to gently bend the lower case back and push the trackpad back down without issue or lasting fault.

Thus far only used it a little since fixing it, so not used it in any real anger so time will tell how it performs. Thus far, a cheap and easy fix for me. I;ll also be honest I don't care if the performance isn't that great as the kids use it for homework, so as long as it gives at least a couple of hours, happy days.

Koo-di Sun and Sleep Stroller Cover (Charcoal Grey)
Koo-di Sun and Sleep Stroller Cover (Charcoal Grey)

4.0 out of 5 stars These are really good size, almost too big, 5 Nov. 2016
These are really good size, almost too big. plenty of Velcro to secure them around the side of your pram, which is super sticky keeping it in place when the kids are kicking although requires two hands to remove it will not come undone just by pulling.

Brabantia Lift-O-Matic Large Rotary Airer Washing Line with 45 mm Metal Soil Spear and Protective Cover - 60 m, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice big line useful because we had twins and lots ..., 5 Nov. 2016
Nice big line useful because we had twins and lots of baby clothes to wash. biggest challenge was getting a spike in the ground level, even though first time I kept checking using a spirit level when putting the washing line in it was wonky. I fixed this by loosening the earth around it with a fork and correcting it before stopping the soul back down.

the cover that comes with it is useful although I'm not sure how long it will last.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9