Profile for Writer Geek > Reviews

Content by Writer Geek

Writer Geek "MD" (CA, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
The Girl from the Sea
The Girl from the Sea
by SHALINI BOLAND

5.0 out of 5 stars A intensely gripping tale,,,, 30 July 2016
This review is from: The Girl from the Sea (Paperback)
I thought I've read them all...all the riveting engrossing thrillers. Oh, but this one takes the cake! So mesmerizing that had me transfixed, almost at a standstill when that shocker had be blindsided! Gosh, the electrifying turn of events, revealed in snippets hit me with such a force I was under a spell weaved by this brilliant author, Ms.Boland. Combined with a real sense of creepy crawling dread and truly tautly drawn out exceptional characters, kept me at the edge of my seat and kept me turning the pages way into the wee hours of the night.

This is a enthralling psychological thriller that makes you realize and reminds you that what goes on behind close doors are sometimes the worst crimes can take place closer to home than you think. Ms.Boland exceptionally described the turmoil inside Mia's head, so real you can't help identify her feelings and true fear with yours. And Jack, the warm hearted true gentleman that he is, you can't help but adore, that when the final blow was delivered, you'd literally feel you got whacked in the head. A compeling, captivating thriller takes you well over you comfort zone, it's a disturbingly twisty plot that'll take you on a true rollercoaster ride. So hold on, you haven't seen or read anything yet...until you read this one! Ms.Boland, you're a skilled writer, a masterful, a force to be reckoned with--you literally mucked my mind with this mesmerizing tale!

Last Kiss (First and Last Novel)
Last Kiss (First and Last Novel)
by Laurelin Paige

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly breathtaking!, 15 Jun. 2016
I am sorry I read this, and that I read it so fast...so now I'm freakin''miserable! That this gripping exhilarating tale is over, the end of a beautiful story and I miss it so much already. I miss Reeve and Emily terribly, especially Reeve. He's inside my mind, I can see him, smell his scent. This beautiful, hot male Alpha that can turn any hot blooded woman to mush. One look at you and you'd turn to a puddle of goo. Being with Reeve would awaken that sexual feeling inside you and make you feel alive. It'll make you giddy with desire and all you want is more. He's the most romantic book hero ever.

This is one incredible tale, one I didn't want to end and couldn't put down until I finished. It was simply breathtakingly amazing. Days already passed and I'm still thinking about it and have yet to get over it. A very sensual and sexy read as only Ms. Paige can write, she leaves me breathless after reading any of her books. This will stay with me for a very long time. There are some scenes on the flashbacks that was done so beautifully and effectively, when both Emily and Amber were very young. Some maybe disturbing but it is all worth it. Some things Emily have done and all the heartbreaking awful things she's gone through, she fought back to get her where she's at and gave it as good as she's got. They were just so incredible you can't help admire her. I have never before have wanted a character as much as I have Emily Wayborn's. Her and Reeve are matched equally, a match made in heaven.Their relationship is tumultuous at times, fierce and passionate and I wouldn't want it any other way. There's a memorable hot scene up on the bluff overlooking the most dangerous but breathtaking cliff... what can be said that already hasn't been said about it except for the fact that it has to be one of the most erotic love scenes ever written. Vivid and gripping characters, a powerful setting, and an intriguing mystery. Paige weaves a spell like none other.

🌹🌹🌹🌹 a copy was provided by NetGalley🌹🌹🌹🌹

Friction
Friction

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a million stars!, 31 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Friction (Kindle Edition)
As usual, Ms.Bennett writes the most wonderful, sexy, intriguing, challenging and gut punching hell of a story.. In this book, FRICTION, she slayed and annihilated it...again!

Leary Michaels and Reece Holloway, are two most volatile, enigmatic and sexy as hell characters. You get intrigued and totally taken from the time you meet them. They are two of the most ambitious, most driven opposing attorneys, one a prosecuting lawyer and the other, a defense lawyer. Equally brilliant, resourceful, has a strong belief in justice and great sense of right and wrong.. You couldn't have pitted any better, brilliant opposing lawyers than this two.. They are explosive in court and even more so in the bedroom. They are hot and crazy mad for each other that its become dangerous and delivers a dizzying effect when pitted against each other n the courtroom..

This is a great love story, it's exciting, challenging, it's unforgettable! Just as I thought I've read Ms.Sawyer's best book ever, after reading her last one, and here I am again...saying, I've just read the best story ever--that's until I read her next one. .Excellent and we'll drawn out characters and brilliantly written, I am so looking forward to Ms.Sawye's next book. Meanwhile, while waiting, this one, FRICTION, is worth re-reading again....I get to eavesdrop on the sexy as sin, Reece Holloway and the smart, sassy and beautiful, Leary Michaels.I swear I miss them already. It's a must read!

🌺 🌸 🌺 A complimentary copy provided by NetGalley. 🌺 🌸 🌺

Counsellor (Acquisition Series Book 1)
Counsellor (Acquisition Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Intensely dark...exquisitely intoxicating!, 26 Oct. 2015
Have you ever read a book where you felt painfully tortured yet felt seduced? It's almost akin to inflicting self wounds by continuing to read this, yet, I was also incredibly seduced that if I stop, it's like cutting my own nose to spite my own face. It is so alluringly good I couldn't put this book down, I wouldn't! I just continued on to the wee hours, wanting...wanting to know more of the rules, the acquisition. And the more I know, the more repulsed I've become. Yet, again, I was under the spell this talented author's tale has spun, I was immensely impressed. Lured, beguiled by the hero, the enigmatic, Sinclair, devilishly handsome, dark and sinful. Dedicated to continue honoring a over a hundred year old tradition, the Acquisition is a crucible for the Southern nobility, and Sinclair Vinemont will do anything to become the next Sovereign.

The strong attraction between Sinclair and Stella is unerring, infallible, they are destined to fail fighting their sexual attraction, and when they did, it was intoxicating and searingly HOT! I couldn't help re-reading that scene, it was sweet rapture.

Lucius Vinemont, Sinclair's equally handsome brother, who is just as determined to be the next Sovereign, lusting for Stella, who's not adverse to enviegle his charm to win Stella--their "acquisition". Whatever happens between this two brothers, no doubt, it'll be a blood bath!

If you are looking for a dark erotic, intriguing and full of secrets tale, look no further...THIS IS IT! It is written well, it has all the elements a true captivating book should be. A must read, the impressive style of writing of the talented author, Celia Aaron, is something to behold and to look forward to reading the 2nd book, I could hardly wait!

Unbroken (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen)
Unbroken (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen)

3.0 out of 5 stars The best part is the ending..., 19 Oct. 2015
This was really much ado about more of the same. Except for the enigmatic, ever in-charge, cool as a cucumber and handsome as sin, Liam Stone, this 4th book has lost its magic and charm, especially's Amy's. Where she was magnificent in the first two books, she's become weak and whiny here, almost like a different person. Some circumstances, the so called "intrigue" that was added, felt forced. Completely lacking of the essence of mystery that was in abundance in the first two. This, in my opinion, this was just fillers to make yet another serial. The ending was the saving factor, it somehow soothed my disappointment...for that, I'm giving it another half star....a 3.5 star.

Storm Damages
Storm Damages

5.0 out of 5 stars taken by Storm..., 17 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Storm Damages (Kindle Edition)
Contrary to some negative reviews, this is a fast paced, dramatic and consuming read you wouldn't want to miss. Full of heat it singes, every sex encouter is original, you're never going to get bored and start skimming. It's panty melting hot. It's so real and intimate, you feel like you're a voyeur intruding into the most carnal and sensual moment between a man and a woman.

Gabriel Storm...enigmatic, protective of his siblings, possessive and protecive of Elizabeth. When he loved, he loves fierce, he'll give his life for Elizabeth in a heartbeat. Yes, it's true, there were times when some men would shamelessly lear on Elizabeth's bosom that would drive Gabriel in a rage of jealousy, but he would never hurt Elizabeth physically. Despite his very disturbing dark past, he has an encomposing great love for hIs siblings especially for Elizabeth.

This maybe spoilers........caution please...

Whsn Gabriel was barely five year old, he suffered through the hands of his own evil mother. At the simplest infraction, he would be shackled, hands and feet, beaten by his tutor with the help of his malevolent evil spirited mother. At age twelve, he realized he has a great talent in music, so he insisted to include piano lessons at school. He announced he was going to be a wildly known pianist and would be performing all over the world. So his monster of a mother put a stop to it by keeping him in a dungeon like, bound and shackled, and had all five of his fingers of his left hand, broken! And he never played piano again. She didn't stopped there, she continued to plot against Gabriel to have him murdered. At the end of this book, she plotted to marry Gabriel off to a daughter of a duke, threatened to reveal a secret that would destroy their reputation and the whole family. She successfully drove Elizabeth to agree to break off with Gabriel, go away and never to return again. Hence...part of the cliffhanger, that really wasn't a cliffhanger. You just have to have to read this and draw your own conclusions. This is a must read, it's like a contemporary, modern day romance meet historical romance, what with a castle like family seat, a Duke, a Marquis and an Earl. You have got to read this or you'll be missing out on an excellent, well written and consuming book.

Shattered Virtue (The Shattered Series Book 1)
Shattered Virtue (The Shattered Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A well written extremely, 11 Oct. 2015
SHATTERED VIRTUE IS one of the most intense, mystery and romance book I have recently read. Just the beginning alone kept my interest, and as I go along, I was I was getting more hooked and stayed glued in to the book. I know I had a day off the next day and I intend to sleep in, but to stay up until past 4 in the morning was an overkill. But by gosh, it was so intense and riveting that I couldn't put it down. I was a goner when I got to the 2nd quarter. When I looked up at the clock a little later and realized it was past one o'clock, I just knew I will have to stay up and finish it even if I lose sleep over it.

The attraction between Madrigal and Trenton, is fierce, so strong that they were helpless to fight it, even if the consequences rides high that Trenton could lose his partnership at the law office owned by Madrigal's grandfather. Their love scenes were fiery, potent and oh, so dreamy. The mystery that surrounds the murders of Madrigal' parents, the circumstances, events and cover ups is so intense and overwhelming that it would require a great self control to put this book down without finishing it--like a monumental feat!

I didn't realized this was 3 parts since it is about 235 pages, it has a cliffhanger but not the kind where you're going to want to scream and fling your kindle against the wall. It's actually the kind that added more drama to the already stirring and exhilarating tale. I found out the 2nd is going to release next year, 2016 seems an awful long wait for this heady and gripping story, but who's complaining?! A story this captivating and we'll written...I'll be waiting with zeal and fervor!

This is my first of Ms.Magda Alexander, I wonder how I missed her books all this years of reading. Well, I know I'm going to go through all her books to devour to make up for the lost time. Well done, Ms.Alexander, you have one terrific impressive mind! ❤

🍁🍁 A complimentary copy was provided by NetGalley 🍁🍁

Fast Track
Fast Track
by Julie Garwood
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!, 5 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Fast Track (Mass Market Paperback)
This review is from: Fast Track (Mass Market Paperback)
A good book is not always all about the hero or heroine being front center of the story. They could be, but what good would it do if it lack a good plot. I like that this, FAST TRACK, did not just centered mostly about the leads but also on an array of different interesting well drawn out characters. They are all so good that I wish the author, Ms.Garwood, would write a full length story on each one of them. This featured true frienship among Cordelia's two best friends from childhood, Regan and Sophie, and their spouses and Regan's 3 brothers.and their unshakeable bond and love for each other. It is about Cordelia's discovery of the circumstances of her birth, a shocking truth that took her into a tailspin of more secrets and lies and a race to save her own life from the hands of her own blood-kin and unknown enemies.

I don'tlike men who are all talk and full of deceit. Aiden Madison may not be a man full of talk with empty promises but a man of action. His integrity is high and he's welll respected. He's protective of his family and friends, especially of Cordie. He's man of few words but takes charge on any crisis, he takes charge and takes no prisoner when he's on a mission. He's handsome as sin, a multi millionaire, works hard for his money, he's fair and square. He loves Cordie, only de doesn't know it... yet.

Cordie is smart and witty, highly intelligent and has a good heart the size of Alaska. She has grown into a beautiful woman, doesn't even realize what effect she has on men. She's been infatuated with Aiden since she was a little girl...and now very much in love with him, and doesn't know what to do about it. Together this two are match made in heaven, a powerhouse. Their bantering is like a battle of wits, it's like a foreplay to a strong and intense sexual tension between them...that inevitably lead to a hot and steamy sex they've been battling for so long.

This tale is a rare combination of suspenseful murder plot, lies, greed, secret and deceit, true friendship and not an ordinary love affair. I love this book, it's a must read!

Wounded Beast (Gypsy Heroes Book 2)
Wounded Beast (Gypsy Heroes Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exotic...so erotic it's addicting!, 2 Oct. 2015
Georgia Le Carre brings her talent for writing sexy men and steamy romance, she's incomparable! WOUNDED BEAST is hot, heady, and hypnotizing romance that sucks you in from the very first page--consuming your heart, soul, your secret fantasy. You would want to devour this sinfully decadent book with lightning speed.

Dom and Ella's chemistry was amazing, pulling you in from the very first page as you find yourself lost in their story, not wanting it to ever end. I love this book and love it hard. It's so sexy it'll make you mad hot and build you back into climax. My kind of beautiful love story all wrapped up into one. This might just be my favorite of Georgia Le Carter's novels. I may have said that of her before, but that's how deliriously Happy it makes my frame of mind each time I read one of her books. If puts a smile on my face after reading the last page...wanting to read it all over again.

This talespin completely surprised me, it's nothing what I had expexted. A mixture of steamy, heady love affair with a hint of suspense and danger, a stalker that when revealed the identity, was a shocker. With just the perfect amount of angst with loads of fiery sexual tension, I truly couldn't stop reading into the wee hours. There's an unforgettable scene that gripped my heart--Dom, in his darkest hour in the midst of the dark vast ocean, helpless, desperate to save the life of the woman he loves...so hauntingly, achingly beautiful, it'll stay with me for a very long time. Once again, Ms.Le Carre, you have outdone yourself!

The love scene at the pool after Dom and Ella walked through the "forest/bird sanctuary", was like an uncontrollable burning flame. Almost indecent but oh so hot, exquisitely so good your panties would melt! Holy baby jee-bus Ms.Le Carre, YOU are the embodiment of a dream writer come to life! You not only give us touching, intriguing full of suspense tales, you also give us one hot love story to remember, so inspiring I can only hope and dream about. You give us charming, winsome tale with hero and heroine with strong sizzling chemistry, engaging characters, each has a story to tell--loved every minute of this book.

The cover alone speaks for itself, so impressive and beautifully done it's one of a kind. This is sinfully enticing, sexually charged and ridicoulously wicked hot story! It is a must read. WOUNDED BEAST is Georgia Le Carre at her utterly spledid best!!!

Infinite Possibilities (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen)
Infinite Possibilities (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen)
by Lisa Renee Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars infinitely interesting..., 10 Sept. 2015
if I thought the best was the first book, ESCAPING REALITY, this one is just as good if not better. So thrilling I was constanly fidgeting in my seat, stomach churning, my heart racing. Jeeze, I was breathless that I felt exhausted...in a very good way. I was entertained and so involved with everything that's going on, I didn't want to put it down without getting to the end.

I love Amy, I admire her strength, her sensibility and her willingness to overcome her fear and face her powerful unknown enemies. She knows it's a battle she can lose, it's like going to a full on firing squad without any ammunition. She's fearless, smart and never weakens her resolve even at the most crucial moments.

And the oh, so incredible, Liam Stone, so perfect for Amy and everything and every danger she gets herself into, a perfect hero.This unbelievable, magnificent man is truly breathtaking, he never gave up, he's relentless even when Amy ran away and disappeared. His love for Amy is heart melting awe-inspiring. He would go to any length to keep Amy safe, he will face the greatest nemesis to protect Amy and help her find the truth and put an end to all her sufferings.

This incredible story took me to one of the wildest rollercoaster ride of a lifetime. It will be impossible to forget this story, it follows me from room to room days after I've read it. It was just too elaborate in design that I was overwrought and in constant state of excitement and anxiety at the same time. I wouldn't miss this if I were you, read it and you're in for a treat on the wild side and an impressively beautiful, extraordinary love between a man and a woman.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16