Profile for Ceej > Reviews

Content by Ceej

Ceej "CJv2" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Sony LiveView Touch Generation 2 SmartWatch Android Smartphone Accessory
Sony LiveView Touch Generation 2 SmartWatch Android Smartphone Accessory

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work since updated firmware. A paperweight, 10 April 2013
When it works it's a great bit of kit, problem is since the updated software and firmware it no longer wants to play nice with my phone. (HTC ONE) It loses connection all the time, won't reconnect requires me to either turn off bluetooth on the phone and hope for the best or do the same with the phone. even then it has a mind of its own as to whether or not it decides to reconnect.

It's a nightmare to be honest, because, like I say, it worked really nicely before, now it's a constant source of frustration.

Be careful with this before you buy

RHA MA450i Noise Isolating In Ear Earphones with Remote and Microphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't get it......, 19 Mar. 2013
Everyone has raved about these headphones, I bought these off the back of these reviews on here.

I don't get it, I really really don't get it. There's no bass at all, they sound very very tinny. The treble is quite overbearing. I've owned a fair few headphones in my time, but these are really really the most over rated I think I've owned, such a total disapointment especially after all the good reviews.

I've tried various ear buds as well, no change.

Such a shame, i'm proper gutted these seem vastly overpriced at 40 quid, in fact had I got them for 20 I'd still not be happy :(

EDIT:

Having used these a lot more, they are actually much better once you get used to them. I think the problem is I owned a set of B&W C5's before and was maybe a bit spoilt. Having used these for sometime now I can highly recommend them. They're still quite sharp with treble and not quite as warm as i'd like but for the money im being very fussy.....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2013 5:34 PM GMT

Gtech CV04 Cordless Germguard Hard Floor Vacuum
Gtech CV04 Cordless Germguard Hard Floor Vacuum

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for the price and size of it., 25 July 2012
Was lucky enough to get one of these for 13 quid delivered.

Didn't expect much to be honest, proper shocked though. It's brilliant, light, small, picks up dirt brilliant. It's MILES better than my dyson which struggles on hard floors.

Seriously, it's brilliant, cannot recommend enough. If you have hard wood or tiled floors, this is the kiddy. apparently there's only 12 mins charge but I use this for our downstairs and it does the job in half that time. Don't scare the dog either !!!!

Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB M4 SATA III 6Gb/s MLC 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB M4 SATA III 6Gb/s MLC 2.5 Inch Internal SSD

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning. Seriously seriously quick., 14 Mar. 2012
I've been toying and trying to justify buying an SSD for the best part of a year now. I finally took the plunge and installed it yesterday.

Stuck this into my machine with a dual core 2.93 ghz and 4gb ram. Installed Snow Leopard on my hackintosh, an hour later I was up and running, and boy was I running. It improves the speed of the system beyond doubt. From the moment the white apple boot screen pops up to the moment you're talking 15 seconds before you can start using programs. It's that quick. And none of this once its logged in you're still waiting for program and background processes to run. It is ready to work straight away.

Programs open super quick, no lag, nothing. I am so so so impressed. I was going to buy an i7 and new motherboard and ram, I reckon I've just saved myself a small fortne by just upgrading my HDD.

I'm not even sure i'm running this on SATA 3 (6GBS) don't even think my MB supports that.

But anyway, simple install and blistering performance, I cannot recommend this drive enough, you will NOT be disapointed.

NB

You will need to buy an SATA Cable, Power cable (if needed) and 2.5" TO 3.5" bay convertor if installing into a desktop machine.

VonHaus Nano 3.0 Media Player- HD TV Digital Mini Media Player - 1080p - MKV - Play any file from USB HDDs/Flashdrives/Memory Cards
Offered by DOMU UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish Build Quality And Even Worse Customer Service, 10 Mar. 2012
Felt compelled to review this to warn people off. The first box I had worked once and then just died, wouldn't display anything on any screen I tried it on. Tried to return it, was then given the third degree and asked a number of ridiculous questions, they basically tried to insiuate it was MY FAULT it wasn't working. Took over a month to get it replaced, during which time I was ignored, insulted and lied to "We posted it a week ago" Then I rang two days later "Yes it's been dispatched today. It turned up about a week later.

I didn't use it until last night the new one was working, although the remote it comes with needs to pointed RIGHT at it. BUt anyway, it worked.

Until this morning, when I unplugged it and to my horror (can't say suprise now can I) The plug came apart, completely, split right in half !!! Struggling to get it back together now so I now need to find a 5.6v psu.

Amazing how this company is in business, then again I suppose if you have people posting reviews of this for you it's not really a shock.

To conclude. Do not buy, spend some more money and buy something with better build quality from a PROPER company.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2013 9:58 PM GMT

Storm
Storm

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably My Favorite Album By Her ...., 1 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Storm (Audio CD)
Having been a fan for years (since the good old days of MTV and walk this world) I have to say this is my favorite album by her. I've seen her live (she's dull on stage to be fair, doesn't eally interact with the crowd etc (unlike say, someone like Sia) but her voice is as good as it is on record, in fact I would go as far as saying she has possibly the purest voice I've ever heard live, it is identical to her studio/recorded voice, really has to be heard)

The thing is, she's got a great voice BUT here's my issue. A lot of her songs and lyrics are quite samey and at times she can be a little bit whiney. A lot of her stuff I can't really listen to now. I realise I'm risking the wrath of the Heather Nova fan club here but, this is just my opinion (which apparently doesn't count for much these days)

This album though, this, lovely. It's a very rich, warm, pure album that, again, in my opinion is best listened to on a peaceful beach sun shining down on your back.

It's difficult to explain in words just what a lovely little album this is, I do honestly think it's one of these albums that has been overlooked somewhat by many because of the simplicity of it all.

Honestly, can't recommend this album enough.

Black Cab Wisdom: Knowledge from the Back Seat
Black Cab Wisdom: Knowledge from the Back Seat
by (Taxi driver) Mark Solomon

4.0 out of 5 stars Some lovely awe inspiring quotes., 6 Oct. 2011
It's actually a pleasure to read this book if you read it the right way. By this I mean you literally have to put yourself in the backseat with the people and try and picture each person who says the quotes. The author and driver obviously has a talent with people and getting people to talk is not always any mean feat in London, so to get some of the quotes he's got, well, hats off to him. It's a really good book though, it's on the book shelf in my bathroom as I do like a rad on the toilet or in the bath, this is easy to pickup where you (didn't really) leave off from.

MDA Designs Cubic 1000 Modus Range Beam Thru High Gloss Cabinet 26''-52'' LCD/ OLED/ LED TV Stand
Offered by The Plasma Centre

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Money - PLS PLS PLS Ignore the people who moan about construction, 25 Jun. 2011
Felt compelled to review this.

It's a nice piece of furniture when put together. It's by no means massive. I have a Onkyo amp on the side without the shelfs and managed to fit a Wii on it's side above it (just) On the side with the shelves, a PS3 and a Sky box and that's your lot. You aren't going to fit loads in it.

It turned up promptly from the plasma centre and when I unpackaged it I was a little worried cos there appeared to be a few scratches, fortunately these were all on the inside so thats not really a problem, they're not big scratches but enough to make you worry when you're first unpacking. Please do not let this put you off though.

Here is my problem, not with the item but with other reviewers on here.

Yes it's flat pack furniture, yes I've put stuff together before (we've all been Ikea right?) but I want to add I am rubbish at it most of the time, I skim instructions, I rush I generally take no notice and then have to go back and rebuild it cos I missed a part out early on.

This is by far the EASIEST thing I've ever put together. I am not joking you have to be seriously lacking in common sense not to be able to get this thing together in under an hour. It took me 45 minutes and I was not rushing at all. The only bit that was even remotely confusing was getting the front on, within two minutes I figured it out.

All the pieces have a number on. All the nuts and bolts are in packaging with letters on the front. Then it basically put Screw X into piece 2, then put piece 2 onto piece 3 and connect screw E.

It is the easiest thing ever, I'm not kidding, please do not let other people on here put you off buying this because it really is a classy expensive looking cabinet when built.

Also beam through is a bit hit and miss but more hit than miss

Hope this helps

Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab 7-inch 3G + Wi-Fi Tablet (ARM Cortex A8 1GHz, 16 GB, 7-inch TFT LCD, Bluetooth, Android 2.2) - Sim Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocked, Suprised, Amazed !!!!, 4 Feb. 2011
Okay first off, I am what I'd class as fairly Tech Savvy. I love new gadgets, shiney, new things to play with and explore love that.

Second. I'm not anti apple, I have an iPhone 4 and Apple iPad. Both of which I really rate (apart from restrictions imposed by apple, but I won't judge them oo much on that)

I recently bought an Archos 70 iTablet, it was faulty on arrival but still having used it quickly I discovered that it was very very disapointing. It struggled with flash video, struggled with everything really, plus it felt very very flimsy, I mean it was light and thin, that cannotbe denied, but it also felt that the slightest knock would break it. I sent it back (dead pixel amoungst other things)

So with the galaxy tab only a £130 more expnesive, I took the plunge. I just want to say I'm glad I did.

This thing does EVERYTHING.

I'll start with the hardware : It's solid, rather than spectaculer, it looks nice, the screen is excellent, not as sharp as retina or super amoled, but its lovely a clear. Lets get it straight, it's nowhere near as fancy as an ipad or any apple product, but we all know that apple have the eye candy market sewed up.

Software : It runs nice, not as smooth as ios and it's quite obvious that froyo isn't designed for tablets. Samsung ave done a half decent job with what they've doen with thefront end though, it's good, quick, nippy, rarely locks up. Again like I say it's not ios, but what it lacks in look it makes up for in versatility.

which brings me onto this

It can download torrents. It can download from BBC iplayer. It can play virtually any type of media file you chuck at it, straight out of the box. It does flash on the web, and trust me, this is a big thing. I never thought it would be, but after months on my ipad and the simple fact was I had to get up from my chair and goto my pc more times than i care to mention cos I would find something on the web but couldn't view it on the ipad. The BBC website is the best example. The sports site is excellent, problem is I couldn't view any of the ides. The Samsung rectifys this, all videos work perfectly (after an intial bit of buffering) It can also do ftp which is great if i want to transfer some music from home to my tab.

All of the above are big thigs for me, the ipad cant do any of these :(

The android market is really catching up as well, which is geat news for the average man, cos it means apple no longer monopolise the market. I jst can't help but thing that as android as a platform evolves it's really going to hit apple hard and the arrogance of steve Jobs and their reluctance to open up their platform.

I've just tried to explain it to a friend in work.

The iPad is very much a ferrari with a ford engine. It looks fantastic, but it lacks a lot of features and you're stopped from doing a lot of things that you want to do, i.e. the interior is restricted.

The Samsung is more like a Mercedes. It's good looking but not top end, but it is a smooth runner, and you have scope to make changes the way you wish.

I've just realised this is a shocking analogy but I knowwhat I mean.

The iPAD is great, and I even convinved my 65 year old dad to buy one. They're brilliant for the average man or woman.

The Tab is for the younger generation, the tinkerers, the people who like messing around with stuff, having a fiddle and are pc or mac literate.

I've only had this a day my opnion might be a bit hasty so far, but so far so good.

PS

PRO'S
Build quality is good.
Mobile reception fantastic, rarely drops signal
Screen is lovely.
Works excellent as an ebook reader, especially if you have your own collection.
Ability to download off the web, torrent's, FTP, BBC iPlayer
Handles any media files flawlessly.
True Multitasking.
Very open OS
Android market really catching up.
Widgets :)
Very portable, like as in proper portable.
Websites do flash !!!

CONS
Battery life not as good as I hoped, but again this could change with good battery charging cycle
Some android apps do't scale to size of screen.

I will post back an update in a weeks time
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2011 11:05 PM BST

ARCHOS 70 8 GB Internet Tablet
ARCHOS 70 8 GB Internet Tablet

2.0 out of 5 stars Such a disapointment., 27 Jan. 2011
I own an iPhone 4 and an iPad. I need to clarify that I am by no means an Apple fanboi, quite the opposite, I've been dying for someone to knock them off their perch (Hate Steve Jobs and his crap rollnecks)

I've also got previous with archos having owned several of their products, including their first ever video mp3 player (the 20gb jukebox) back in 2002ish, had a few other bits of their as well.

So I was excited by this, I'd read reviews, done my research, felt the price was right and though "I'd like an ebook reader, the iphone is too small, the ipad too big, and I don't really want a kindle"

This seemed perfect

So whats the problem. I'll do pro's and cons.

PRO:

- Size : It's lovely, a great size, soooo thin.
- Weight : Lovely and light not a pain to hold at all, people are moaning about build quality but if you want it light you have to use plastic, there's no way round it.
- Screen : Good colour, nice quality, find it odd that it doesn't fill to the ege and leaves two small black borders but hey ho.
- Android market is excellent, much improved since I last used it, some great apps now available.

- Value for money, its cheap, no two ways about it, especially as a 16gb sd card is only 16 quid now

- Sound quality is actually really nice, and I notice someone on here complained about the volume of this with headphones in, I can assure anyone worried this isnt a problem at all.

And onto the cons

- Turned up with dead pixel, and archos have a bit of a rep (again basing this on my experience) for not top quality build and very very very poor customer service (in the UK, again my dealings with them)

- Build quality, it's plastic, I dont have a problem with that, what I do have a problem with is that I feel that is is "VERY" flmisy and feels like it could fall apart at any moment :(

- Tethering to phone for 3g : Really really hit and miss, got it working with me iphone 4 but if it loses tethering the archos has to be reset and then you have to tether again, a real pain

- Screen : I know it's not an ipad, but te screen is flat out strange, sometimes it responds fine, other times it doesn't respond at all.

- Locking up : Lots, it just freezes for now reason and requires a reset. Again another real pain in the behind.

- WIFI : Works okay at home, but in work it wont connect after being away for a while, have to forget network and then try and rejoin, which is a nightmare.

- Browsing : Scrolling is jerky. :( Pinch to zoom a bit hit and miss.

CONCLUSION

If you don't own an iphone, or ipad and want a cheap tablet, this is probably for you.

If you do you are really really gonna feel just how inferior it is. again can I just say, it's realise its a lot cheaper, and therefore I shouldn't compare, but the fundemental problems I have with this should not have anything to do with the price.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2011 11:53 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6