Profile for C. Jose > Reviews

Content by C. Jose

C. Jose "CJv2" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Aqua Optima Galia Filter Jug with ONE YEAR filter supply (6x60day Evolve Filters)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 13 Sept. 2013
Genuinely don't get the 1 star reviews here.

We moved into our house three and a bit years ago, we live in an area that has hard water and our kettle is forever having to be de scaled. Water also isn't the best tasting. Bought one of these the other day, I am a convert.

This is brilliant, water now tastes amazing, kettle doesn't scale up and the tea and coffee coming from this now tastes markedly better.

Honestly cannot recommened these enough, the only small criticism I have is that you have to fill it up a couple of times to actually fill it up, if that makes sense. Still, thats the only small point, otherwise, excellent product, excellent price and something I wish I would have done years ago.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Shoes at A Fantastic Price, 15 Aug. 2013
I love Hudson shoes so was delighted to see these so cheap.

Really comfortable, lovely looking trendy shoes.

Bargain !!!

Baking Made Easy
Baking Made Easy

3.0 out of 5 stars WHY NO PICTURES, 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Baking Made Easy (Kindle Edition)
I don't want to see photos of her walking down the road, I don't want to see photos of her buying bread. On one page there's a reciepe for some Lemon dish. The picture, a load of lemons, I know what lemons look like, I want to see photos of the food, and frankly there aren't nearly enough.

Leap Motion Controller (Interacts with your Mac or PC)
Leap Motion Controller (Interacts with your Mac or PC)
Offered by Birmingham IT Goods

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Expect ANYTHING Like The Video, 31 July 2013
I waited over a year for this product so when it finally arrived on my doorstep without warning I was really quite excited to see what it could do.

So I took it out of the box, installed the software as told to do so, and then I gave it a go.

30 minutes later I put it up on ebay for sale.

It must be my mac I thought, so I tried my windows 8 PC. It must be my windows 8 PC, so I tried my Macbook air. Didn't work very well on that either.

The truth is it is a brilliant idea that is very poorly implemented leaving you with an incredibly frustrating experience. In the video it looks like you have a nice wide field of motion to play with. The reality is far different, what would take you a second to do on a mouse would take you 5-10 seconds with this. I wanted to get all Tom Cruise in minority report. I felt more like a drunken spanish waiter swatting at a wasp. It's difficult to the point of wanting to chuck it out of the window.

Avoid at all costs, im not even kidding, even if this was given to me, free, gratis, nowt, I wouldn't use it because it would drive me insane....
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2013 8:19 AM BST

The Last Of Us (PS3)
The Last Of Us (PS3)
Offered by games.empire

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Old With Kids And Don't Get TIme Anymore !!!, 24 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Last Of Us (PS3) (Video Game)
As above, I'm old (35) with kids and no life of my own.

This is the first game I've bought in about 2 years. Its' great, few too many cutscenes, but too be fair they're so enjoyable it won't bother you that much.

That's all really.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2013 3:12 PM BST

Sony LiveView Touch Generation 2 SmartWatch Android Smartphone Accessory
Sony LiveView Touch Generation 2 SmartWatch Android Smartphone Accessory
Offered by Same Day Ship Services

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work since updated firmware. A paperweight, 10 April 2013
When it works it's a great bit of kit, problem is since the updated software and firmware it no longer wants to play nice with my phone. (HTC ONE) It loses connection all the time, won't reconnect requires me to either turn off bluetooth on the phone and hope for the best or do the same with the phone. even then it has a mind of its own as to whether or not it decides to reconnect.

It's a nightmare to be honest, because, like I say, it worked really nicely before, now it's a constant source of frustration.

Be careful with this before you buy

RHA MA450i Noise Isolating In Ear Earphones with Remote and Microphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't get it......, 19 Mar. 2013
Everyone has raved about these headphones, I bought these off the back of these reviews on here.

I don't get it, I really really don't get it. There's no bass at all, they sound very very tinny. The treble is quite overbearing. I've owned a fair few headphones in my time, but these are really really the most over rated I think I've owned, such a total disapointment especially after all the good reviews.

I've tried various ear buds as well, no change.

Such a shame, i'm proper gutted these seem vastly overpriced at 40 quid, in fact had I got them for 20 I'd still not be happy :(

EDIT:

Having used these a lot more, they are actually much better once you get used to them. I think the problem is I owned a set of B&W C5's before and was maybe a bit spoilt. Having used these for sometime now I can highly recommend them. They're still quite sharp with treble and not quite as warm as i'd like but for the money im being very fussy.....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2013 5:34 PM GMT

Gtech CV04 Cordless Germguard Hard Floor Vacuum
Gtech CV04 Cordless Germguard Hard Floor Vacuum

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for the price and size of it., 25 July 2012
Was lucky enough to get one of these for 13 quid delivered.

Didn't expect much to be honest, proper shocked though. It's brilliant, light, small, picks up dirt brilliant. It's MILES better than my dyson which struggles on hard floors.

Seriously, it's brilliant, cannot recommend enough. If you have hard wood or tiled floors, this is the kiddy. apparently there's only 12 mins charge but I use this for our downstairs and it does the job in half that time. Don't scare the dog either !!!!

Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB M4 SATA III 6Gb/s MLC 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB M4 SATA III 6Gb/s MLC 2.5 Inch Internal SSD

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning. Seriously seriously quick., 14 Mar. 2012
I've been toying and trying to justify buying an SSD for the best part of a year now. I finally took the plunge and installed it yesterday.

Stuck this into my machine with a dual core 2.93 ghz and 4gb ram. Installed Snow Leopard on my hackintosh, an hour later I was up and running, and boy was I running. It improves the speed of the system beyond doubt. From the moment the white apple boot screen pops up to the moment you're talking 15 seconds before you can start using programs. It's that quick. And none of this once its logged in you're still waiting for program and background processes to run. It is ready to work straight away.

Programs open super quick, no lag, nothing. I am so so so impressed. I was going to buy an i7 and new motherboard and ram, I reckon I've just saved myself a small fortne by just upgrading my HDD.

I'm not even sure i'm running this on SATA 3 (6GBS) don't even think my MB supports that.

But anyway, simple install and blistering performance, I cannot recommend this drive enough, you will NOT be disapointed.

NB

You will need to buy an SATA Cable, Power cable (if needed) and 2.5" TO 3.5" bay convertor if installing into a desktop machine.

VonHaus Nano 3.0 Media Player- HD TV Digital Mini Media Player - 1080p - MKV - Play any file from USB HDDs/Flashdrives/Memory Cards
Offered by DOMU UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish Build Quality And Even Worse Customer Service, 10 Mar. 2012
Felt compelled to review this to warn people off. The first box I had worked once and then just died, wouldn't display anything on any screen I tried it on. Tried to return it, was then given the third degree and asked a number of ridiculous questions, they basically tried to insiuate it was MY FAULT it wasn't working. Took over a month to get it replaced, during which time I was ignored, insulted and lied to "We posted it a week ago" Then I rang two days later "Yes it's been dispatched today. It turned up about a week later.

I didn't use it until last night the new one was working, although the remote it comes with needs to pointed RIGHT at it. BUt anyway, it worked.

Until this morning, when I unplugged it and to my horror (can't say suprise now can I) The plug came apart, completely, split right in half !!! Struggling to get it back together now so I now need to find a 5.6v psu.

Amazing how this company is in business, then again I suppose if you have people posting reviews of this for you it's not really a shock.

To conclude. Do not buy, spend some more money and buy something with better build quality from a PROPER company.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2013 9:58 PM GMT