Profile for vicky Walters > Reviews

Content by vicky Walters

vicky Walters

Page: 1 | 2
Kindle E-reader, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi (Black) - Includes Special Offers (Previous generation - 7th)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 24 Jan. 2016
Having finally given in to the fact that I have no more room for actual books, I took the plunge and got a Kindle. And I don't regret it. I'm glad I chose the 'standard' Kindle as I spend most of my day looking at various screens and didn't want to be looking at other brightly lit thing while I read.
Some reviewers have said the build is not up to the standard of previous models -but it feels reasonably sturdy to me, especially now it's in a case. The only negative is that I keep forgetting to take it with me to read on the way into work.

Ultrasport UmovE HD 60 Sport and Action Camera - Silver, BASIC-Edition
Ultrasport UmovE HD 60 Sport and Action Camera - Silver, BASIC-Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!!! Don't be tempted buy cheaper ones on eBay ....., 6 Sept. 2015
IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD A GoPro, BUY THIS!! I can't really fault this bit of kit. The image quality of both photo & video is crisp, and it handles low light surprisingly well. The selection of supplied attachments is great, and thankfully it's easy to buy extras for as it's a similar system to GoPro and the SJ4000.
Battery life is not amazing, but I didn't expect it to be and anyway, you can buy additional batteries/chargers easily. XSource do 2x batteries + charger for around £10.

Having said that, my first one did break (the 'up' button on the side is now constantly depressed, rendering it unusable), but that may have been operator error...... Initially, I replaced it with an almost identical unit from a different manufacturer/supplier on eBay for £20. Now, while the accessories are all the same, the supplied battery was very poor quality, and so were the images form the camera. REALLY grainy and dark, regardless of setting. Needless to say, I bought a second UmoveE HD60 (on the lightning deals) and am back to excellent quality images.

Invicta Angel Women's Quartz Watch with Blue Dial  Analogue display on Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 14361
Invicta Angel Women's Quartz Watch with Blue Dial Analogue display on Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 14361
Offered by HomeAndMore

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 6 Sept. 2015
This was an anniversary gift for my partner, and she loves it! She's been eying up my Invicta Speedway since I got it so I knew it would make a great gift. Well made and nicely weighty, and at 40mm diameter it looks great, even on a skinny wrist.

Invicta Unisex Speedway Quartz Watch with White Dial Chronograph Display on Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 9211

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 May 2015
Great looking and well made. Nice and heavy, but not too heavy even for my tiny wrist.

Ultrasport UmovE HD 60 Sport and Action Camera - Black, READY-Edition
Ultrasport UmovE HD 60 Sport and Action Camera - Black, READY-Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 May 2015
Excellent bit of kit. If you're after something GoPro-y, but can't afford the real deal, this is an excellent alternative.

Looking forward to taking it white-water rafting in a few weeks.

Bench Women's Bobsledtime Hooded Long Sleeve Jumper, Grey Marl, Size 12 (Manufacturer Size:Medium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 May 2015
Perfect fit and looks great. Very happy.

Timex Originals Quartz Watch with Black Dial Chronograph Display and Black Silicone Strap T2N829PF
Offered by time-lounge

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 May 2015
Looks great, and keeps good time. A little tricky to set up, as the instructions cover all types of Timex watch, so it was a bit trial-and-error until I figured out which set to use.

Manfrotto Advanced Active Camera Bag Backpack I
Manfrotto Advanced Active Camera Bag Backpack I

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, well made., 19 Dec. 2014
I was hesitant to buy a new camera bag online, but the decline of decent photographic retailers leaves not a lot of choice. Anyhoo, after a bunch of research I decided on this Manfrotto to replace my 8ish year old Lowepro Orion, and I'm happy to say I made an excellent choice!

I use this bag for work, and it suits my needs perfectly. The lower section easily holds my 5D mkiii w/24-105mm, plus charger, spare batteries, cards & reader, while the top section has plenty of room for food, drink, rain mac (both mine and the bags - yet to be used) and any other bits I need.
The big bonuses for me are that it will easily take my laptop, and I can add the provided straps to attach my tripod if I am shooting outside of the studio. Previously I had to load it all into a smallish suitcase, much to the annoyance of myself and my fellow commuters. No-one likes rush hour suitcase guy.

This bag is sturdy and well padded, and will hopefully last at least as long as my old Lowepro. I do, however, agree with other reviewers that the inclusion of a waist belt would have been a big plus, especially to help take off the weight from the shoulders when fully loaded.

Premium PU Leather Camera Pouch with Shoulder Strap for Samsung Galaxy Camera (GC-100 Digital Camera) - White
Offered by BV-electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 30 Nov. 2014
This was a gift (along with the camera), and I initially thought it might be too big, but it fits perfectly. The camera size/shape doesn't really allow for anything smaller that would afford the same kind of protection. It's white, so obviously isn't going to stay clean, but the case is there to take any scuffs etc instead of the camera.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A little long, 19 Nov. 2014
Great fit around the waist/hips, however the 32" 'regular' leg is a little long for me at 5'4". Still look great with a small turn-up though.

Page: 1 | 2