Profile for Angela > Reviews

Content by Angela

Angela "Audible has hugely improved my life." (Stoke, Staffs)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
XLS Medical Max Strength Diet Pills for Weight Loss - Pack of 120
XLS Medical Max Strength Diet Pills for Weight Loss - Pack of 120

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a miracle drug, 20 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have given up these tablets after three weeks, firstly because they have proven ineffective and secondly they have given me diarrhoea.

I had been on a diet already for three months when I started taking the pills and was in a bit of a plateau with very little weight loss, two stone more to lose and about 1500 cals per day. I was also on a high protein diet (low carbs/fats). After the three weeks of experimentation, taking the pills exactly as advised, I have had no weightloss at all and suffered a small amount of diarrhoea.

The pills are (to my mind) outrageously expensive - I would never have taken them if they hadn't been free from Vine - and if you are seriously overweight, this kind of tablet can be given by prescription from your GP, making the cost doubly outrageous.

The accompanying literature was good and let me know that the reason they hadn't worked well for me was my eating habits include little fat/carbs for the pills to work on.

I would not like to put anyone else off trying these if you feel the price is justified, but you should be aware of the large amount of information before you buy so you can determine for yourself whether these are suitable for you and not be put off because they simply were not suitable for me

Go-Cat Crunchy and Tender Kitten Dry Cat Food 800 g - Pack of 4
Go-Cat Crunchy and Tender Kitten Dry Cat Food 800 g - Pack of 4

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for MY cat., 2 April 2015
I'm afraid this was the only food my kitten rejected. He tried it, then ignored it. I'm afraid the same thing happened with other dried foods and not just this one, so maybe I will try later, but it seems that dried food is not a good thing for my kitten.

Balance (Angie's Extreme Stress Menders Volume 1)
Balance (Angie's Extreme Stress Menders Volume 1)
by Angie Grace

5.0 out of 5 stars strongly recommended for everyone who loves colouring., 31 Mar. 2015
As a newbie when it comes to grown up colouring, I am very, very impressed with this book. The quality of designs, the standard of the paper and the general beauty of the book has not been beaten by anything else I have seen. I love it!

The pictures are printed on one side of the paper only and it is easy to insert if you use pens which bleed through to the next page, but I've seen no evidence of this whatsoever with the pens I use.

.I would think this book should last me for a couple of months and even if it lasts a lot less, I know it'll be well worth it.

Kit Kat Two Finger (Pack of 18 x 5)
Kit Kat Two Finger (Pack of 18 x 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Right., 31 Mar. 2015
Exactly what I wanted and all were in perfect condition, beautifully packed and easy to handle.

Scott & Co Quirky Veg Kit and Snazzy Salad Kit - Grow your Own Kits make the perfect Gardeners, Gardening Gifts, - Seed Kits also make Great, Presents for, Christmas, Birthdays, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, and for people who love to Garden. Grow Your Own Seed Kits are Ideal, Gifts for, Men, Women, Him and Her, Mum, Dad, Grandma, Grandad, Grandparents, Girls and Boys.
Offered by gardenbestbuys

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but boxes not sealed., 31 Mar. 2015
These sets are a wonderful idea and I bought them for twins of ten years old for birthday presents. The description of the kits was just the kind of thing I wanted and they are undoubtedly a fair price for two sets. The boxes were sturdy and although the kits look cheap and a bit plasticy, I suppose that's the way it is when it comes to plant pots!

My only problem was that once the packaging was removed, the two boxes weren't sealed or even film-wrapped. Indeed, it looked like they'd already been opened (there were little tears on the cardboard). I felt I too had to open them both up and check the contents were all as they should be - they were but I'm sure my opening them did not enhance the state of the boxes!

I'd recommend the kits but not particularly to give as presents. A shame.

Trigger Point Performance Grid STK Hand-Held Foam Roller - Orange
Trigger Point Performance Grid STK Hand-Held Foam Roller - Orange

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good so far., 26 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not particularly athletic, but got this item to deal with repetitive and intensely painful cramp attacks (last 10-15 mins or more) in my legs.

I seem to be prone to this for reasons entirely unknown - the medical profession offer tablets (iodine?) which are useful in relieving the frequency of attacks but not of treating the pain or the length of an attack when it occurs. I think it's easy to see I might have been clutching at straws when this arrived!

First of all, on a "normal" day, the Trigger Point Performance is not particularly useful. I tried it and realised immediately that it probably WOULD work and (out of the blue) that night I had one of those attacks. I immediately went for the roller and have to say I was pleased with the results.

The cramp did not dissipate immediately (too much to hope for), but had a similar effect to when I massage the painful limb. The pain seemed to move around and after ten minutes had gone. I was quite impressed because although the pain was as intense as ever and seemed to last a usual amount of time, I did feel like I was attacking the cause of the pain and dealing with it, rather than being a prone, helpless victim. I'm as sure as I can be that as time goes by I will become more proficient with its use and I do use it daily at bedtime for a few minutes, just to loosen up my muscles.

If the relief I receive changes or if the frequency of attacks becomes less I will post again, but so far (fingers crossed) I'm very hopeful and expect even better results as time goes on.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Extra Coarse Hard Skin Remover Refill - Pack of 2
Offered by Virunga

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong one (sigh), 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nothing at all wrong with this product, but I was idiot enough to receive the wrong one! These black refills don't fit my blue (Express?) Scholl pedi and I didn't know before I got them.

Believe me I'm disappointed, but can't really do a proper review as I've not been able to use them and this is really to advise others to read the details with care and don't make the same mistake as me.

:-(

Touch
Touch
by Claire North

4.0 out of 5 stars Too similar to Harry August but still a good read., 24 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Touch (Hardcover)
An excellent book and quite gripping.

My only "complaint" is that the story is almost exactly the same as her previous book, First Fifteen Lives of Harry August in that a person with special powers is being pursued by someone with similar powers, hoping to destroy them.

That said, it was a darn good read and I enjoyed it.

Kraft Sug Jelly Babies Treat Size 21 g (Pack of 28)
Kraft Sug Jelly Babies Treat Size 21 g (Pack of 28)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 24 Mar. 2015
I buy these little packs for an elderly relative for whom they are the only sweets he can comfortably manage. One little bag a day is adequate for his needs and he is very happy with the same, measured amount and with the sweets themselves.

An excellent purchase.

Clairol Nice'n Easy Permanent Hair Colour - 114 Natural Light Ash Brown
Clairol Nice'n Easy Permanent Hair Colour - 114 Natural Light Ash Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it all of the time., 24 Mar. 2015
I buy this colour and make all the time now, but in the past I have tried plenty of others.

Clairol Nice'n Easy is proving to be both the easiest to use and looks the nicest.

My only problem is that when I wash my hair afterwards, it is easy to get the dye onto carpets, shower curtain, etc, but you simply have to wipe up any splashes or spills right away. No different I suppose from any other hair dyes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20