Profile for Angela > Reviews

Content by Angela

Angela "Audible has hugely improved my life." (Stoke, Staffs)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Purina ONE My Dog Is Active Chicken and Rice Dry Dog Food, 800 g (Pack of 4)
Purina ONE My Dog Is Active Chicken and Rice Dry Dog Food, 800 g (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog likes it - I'll buy it again., 24 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Received this product a few days ago and I immediately fed it to the Shih Tzu. He was a little uncertain at first as he's never had dried food before but now he's 12 months old I want to give him a real variety of foods and dried is so much easier than pouches, canned or raw foods, so that is why I tried this out.

Anyway, he gave it a sniff, walked away, sniffed again, picked a bit up and then (finally - phew) he started eating and finished the small handful off with relish!

In the couple of days since He's eaten a little every day (along with raw food (chicken legs/lamb's liver) and pouches. I'd say in the area of preference, this is low down on the list as he still prefers pouches or cans of food. However, the Purina ONE will be served daily and I'm confident he'll eat it up.

Overall, as part of a varied diet this product seems to be a good one. No bad reaction and the dog likes it. I'm happy and the dog is always happy to eat!

Nerf N-Strike Elite Rough Cut Blaster
Nerf N-Strike Elite Rough Cut Blaster
Offered by Toys Direct Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy., 21 May 2015
My niece was DELIGHTED with this gun! Apparently it's a "rare" one - none of her friends have the same one. I watched her playing and the darts travelled a long way, so if you've not got a huge garden, they could easily get lost. Luckily, we do and she played for hours!

Hollow World
Hollow World

3.0 out of 5 stars Not terribly good, but easy., 21 May 2015
This review is from: Hollow World (Kindle Edition)
If this book was "an attempt to re-write Wells, I'm afraid it was a miserable failure.

In The Time Machine, the protagonist discovered a world which seemed perfect, peaceful, pastoral and comfortable and then realised that the humans enjoying it were nothing more than farmed cattle, grown to provide food. In this novel, the protagonist discovers a perfect world, also peaceful and utterly comfortable, but this time only that way because of technology. Apparently, humanity will be developed so far as to never stay in awaiting the repair of the "maker" (a magic device for creating anything at all out of rocks) because nothing (apparently) ever needs repairing.

Anyway, to carry on my comparison, the only "bad" side of this glorious techno life is that the bad guy is another time-traveller who follows the chief protagonist and, in a mire of religious, bigoted philosophies, decides he wants to rule the world, a bit like most evil geniuses across the "James Bond for Juniors" world.

To sum this book up, it was trite, but I enjoyed reading it - it felt so light that it could have floated away!

GILDA Perfect Eye Cream
GILDA Perfect Eye Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 8 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I began using this cream on the skin around my eyes five days ago. I have used it night and morning, every day and I admit that I was not really hopeful for improvement.

I am fortunate with my good skin, but I am no longer young and the skin around my eyes is showing signs of aging. This skin around my eyes has deteriorated over the years, but I am delighted to be able to say that since I began using this product there has been a noticeable improvement. The skin which was beginning to sag has become taut and the wrinkles forming below my eyes have improved. I have given this cream four stars rather than five simply because of the price which, I think, is high. However, if everyone can see a similar improvement to the one I have seen, most will think the money is well-spent.

Trouble With Angels
Trouble With Angels
by Jane Trahey

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful to re-discover, 7 May 2015
This review is from: Trouble With Angels (Paperback)
I read this book when it first came out and I was a young teenager and I was absolutely delighted to re-read it recently after discovering it in a pile of books at the local charity shop.

The book is still fun, relevant to girls today and I enjoyed it just as much as ever.

The storyline is a little bit slushy but you can relate completely to the main characters (including, to my surprise, Mother Superior) and it gives a real feel for schoolgirl life with nuns in the 1960s.

Great fun.

WWE Superstriker John Cena
WWE Superstriker John Cena

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not for littles?, 7 May 2015
This review is from: WWE Superstriker John Cena (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A fun toy, interactive and a good toy to fuel role play activities in children.

My boys, aged 2 and 4, both might have been a bit young for this as they both initially struggled to get to grips with how to make the figure move, but the 4 year old has now got it (but it is fairly stiff and not easy for smaller hands to use).

It seems very durable so it'll be interesting to see if it stands the test of time. So far so good.

6LEds Large Bedside Table Desk Lamp In White/Blue/Purple - Manual on/off switch And Battery Operated (PURPLE, PACK OF 1)
Offered by value 4 money

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad night light AND bad desk light., 29 April 2015
Unfortunately, this lamp was not what I wanted.

Although it is attractive and not intrusive, it was also fairly useless. The light is very poor - more of a nightlight than a desk light - and when I left the light on all night, the batteries ran out in less than a week.

I imagine that the only people this would suit is someone in a tent for the weekend. Otherwise, it was neither night light nor desk light

Dew Sterling Silver and Lavender Zirconia Flower Stud Earrings 3026LZ
Dew Sterling Silver and Lavender Zirconia Flower Stud Earrings 3026LZ

5.0 out of 5 stars Dew Sterling Silver earrings., 28 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These beautiful earrings are remarkably good value considering how the price of silver has rocketed in the last year or so.

They are very pretty, stylish and modern - my young nieces loved them.

The bright pink stones sparkle and have a lovely effect. They would add a touch of glamour to any outfit and make a perfect gift for any occasion.

BISSELL Multi-Reach 2-in-1 Light Weight Cordless Vacuum with 25.2 V Lithium-Ion, 115 Watt

4.0 out of 5 stars BISSELL Multi-Reach 2 in 1, 28 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This sweeper is a superb gadget. However, there are a few things which stop it being perfect although these are mainly due to my own ineptitude when reading instructions - or possibly the counter-intuitively way in which it is put together - not a job for the faint-hearted! It took me almost fifteen minutes to find the socket into which the charger had to be inserted! So far as reading the instructions and applying them and then putting the machine together with the assembly of the many parts, I can only say it's a good job I don't give up easily.

Once charged and parts mastered, it took a few day to become confident with it - not what I'm used to with a sweeper, but it was all worth the learning curve. It worked perfectly and I was delighted with the results.

The machine has many functions, each of which requires the use of varied parts and by the time I was using this machine comfortably, I was impressed by the efficiency and effectiveness with which it worked. All the claims made for this machine are valid.

Excellent - but do be prepared for the fact that this is a bit complex, even elaborate, piece of equipment and, while easy enough to use once mastered, that mastering takes a bit of time.,

Lenor Unstoppables In-Wash Scent Booster Beads Fresh 275 g (Pack of 6)
Lenor Unstoppables In-Wash Scent Booster Beads Fresh 275 g (Pack of 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Non-messy and easy to use., 26 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used this product as a fabric conditioner and for that function, the perfume was very powerful. The Unstoppables are also rather expensive if you use it in addition to a fabric conditioner which is the suggested way. Frankly, I like my clothes to smell clean rather than perfumed. I think I can say (hand on heart) I have never sat next to someone on the bus and thought "Wow - I love the smell of this person's clothes!",

On the plus side, you need to use far less than they say to get an effect. It isn't messy and it's easy to use.

If you need to perfume your clothing, I'd recommend this product, but for me the smell was too overwhelming and I don't think I'll use it again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20