Profile for Angela > Reviews

Content by Angela

Angela "Audible has hugely improved my life." (Stoke, Staffs)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ronnie Stacking Chair Colour: White
Ronnie Stacking Chair Colour: White
Offered by Wayfair

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for comfort, 28 Jun. 2015
These chairs are surprisingly comfy. When I ordered them, I wanted the "look" to go with my minimal flat, but the high back and upholstered feel of these chairs mean that I use them for hours when sitting at the computer.

All in all, full marks - comfortable, good-looking and not over-priced. I'd buy them again.

IKEA LINNMON/ ADILS - Table, white, red - 100x60 cm
IKEA LINNMON/ ADILS - Table, white, red - 100x60 cm
Offered by DJ Home Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted - reasonable price, sturdy and quirky., 28 Jun. 2015
An excellent table/desk.

I use it for a desk, but it would also makes a nice dining table for when I have a visitor. It's small, slightly quirky and suits the décor in my little flat.

Although it's small, there's enough room to spread out if you're using it as a writing desk in a limited space.

It's a sturdy table, no wobbles and no problems, EXCEPT the teeny one of it being simple painted mdf - mine has chipped (very slightly), so possibly needs an oilcloth or other covering if you're using it as a dining table. Otherwise, perfect.

Good Food: Meals for One: Triple-tested recipes (Everyday Goodfood)
Good Food: Meals for One: Triple-tested recipes (Everyday Goodfood)
by Cassie Best

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many adaptations and not enough FOR ONE recipes., 14 Jun. 2015
A handy little book if you are suddenly alone and can't already cook - the recipes aren't difficult and don't have loads of ingredients.

On the other hand, it was not a great book if you shop in supermarkets - for instance, the sausage casserole recipe uses just two sausages and the Crispy Chilli Beef needs just 100g of frying steak.

There are a few recipes which are better suited to one person without leaving a lot of expensive products in the fridge to rot, but these are few and far between.

The recipes are good for the most part, but I felt that over the weeks, I was frequently making larger portions and freezing purely because I couldn't buy the tiny quantities needed and it was a lot easier to simply make more. It makes the recipe book a bit pointless really. I think we need a LOT more recipes which are seriously one-person recipes and not just cut down from the usual. For example, I'd have liked to see more omelette recipes and a few more veggie recipes which have very little waste.

Incidentally, one outstanding one was "Lemony French Toast with Poached Plums" - GEORGOUS!

Second Nature Adult Turkey and Rice Hypoallergenic Complete Dry Dog Food, 12 kg
Second Nature Adult Turkey and Rice Hypoallergenic Complete Dry Dog Food, 12 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Second Nature Turkey & Rice, 11 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing I noticed is that the bag is not re-sealable, which I normally expect to find on the more expensive bags. Although I didn’t mind too much as I always decant half of it into several smaller containers to keep it fresh and easy to handle, and then I wrap the remainder up in the bag to keep that fresh, too.

The food is marble sized and crunchy. My dog’s (a Springer/Collie-cross) favourite food is chicken, so he had no problem tucking into the turkey. That said, he has a healthy appetite and rarely turns his nose away from any foods. It is supposed to be introduced gradually to your dog, but mine didn’t mind going straight onto this. It hasn’t significantly altered his toilet routine, which is daily and of good constitution.

If I were to base my review solely on how my dog responded to this, I would give it three stars, as he enjoyed it in the same way as his usual (much cheaper) diet, and I haven’t noticed anything different about him. However, I will give this product four stars as I feel more confident about my dog’s long-term health due to it being made with quality ingredients, without added colouring or the ‘fillers’ you will find in the lower priced food.

Would I buy this again? Yes, but only on special offer as I don’t think it is especially better than its similarly-priced competitors.

I-Rocks Mechanical Feel Keyboard with high-scissor structure. Backlit Cherry Compatible Keycaps and Turbo-Typing for Gaming and Multimedia Keys

4.0 out of 5 stars Golem keyboard, 30 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice solid membrane keyboard. It does some tricks with sound, much like a lot of Microsoft keyboards.

The letters on the key caps are in an odd font but you soon get used to that.

It feels nice, is easy to drive and, if you turn the key cap lights out, doesn't look peculiar attached to a living room PC.

Recommended if you can't afford a switched keyboard

Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 Multi Device: 1 Device, 1 Year [Frustration-Free Packaging] (PC/Mac/Android)

4.0 out of 5 stars Security, 30 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is pretty much a normal virus/malware detector and killer.

As with all programs like this its expensive, slows your computer down and is more about protecting servers or the inexperienced and novice than something that is needed by a knowledgeable user. If you need it, then you need it, or something very like it. If you're playing graphics intensive games or doing graphics work that needs every cycle of processor time them you're better off not bothering.

Purina ONE My Dog Is Active Chicken and Rice Dry Dog Food, 800 g (Pack of 4)
Purina ONE My Dog Is Active Chicken and Rice Dry Dog Food, 800 g (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog likes it - I'll buy it again., 24 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Received this product a few days ago and I immediately fed it to the Shih Tzu. He was a little uncertain at first as he's never had dried food before but now he's 12 months old I want to give him a real variety of foods and dried is so much easier than pouches, canned or raw foods, so that is why I tried this out.

Anyway, he gave it a sniff, walked away, sniffed again, picked a bit up and then (finally - phew) he started eating and finished the small handful off with relish!

In the couple of days since He's eaten a little every day (along with raw food (chicken legs/lamb's liver) and pouches. I'd say in the area of preference, this is low down on the list as he still prefers pouches or cans of food. However, the Purina ONE will be served daily and I'm confident he'll eat it up.

Overall, as part of a varied diet this product seems to be a good one. No bad reaction and the dog likes it. I'm happy and the dog is always happy to eat!

Nerf N-Strike Elite Rough Cut Blaster
Nerf N-Strike Elite Rough Cut Blaster
Offered by Fun Collectables

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy., 21 May 2015
My niece was DELIGHTED with this gun! Apparently it's a "rare" one - none of her friends have the same one. I watched her playing and the darts travelled a long way, so if you've not got a huge garden, they could easily get lost. Luckily, we do and she played for hours!

Hollow World
Hollow World

3.0 out of 5 stars Not terribly good, but easy., 21 May 2015
This review is from: Hollow World (Kindle Edition)
If this book was "an attempt to re-write Wells, I'm afraid it was a miserable failure.

In The Time Machine, the protagonist discovered a world which seemed perfect, peaceful, pastoral and comfortable and then realised that the humans enjoying it were nothing more than farmed cattle, grown to provide food. In this novel, the protagonist discovers a perfect world, also peaceful and utterly comfortable, but this time only that way because of technology. Apparently, humanity will be developed so far as to never stay in awaiting the repair of the "maker" (a magic device for creating anything at all out of rocks) because nothing (apparently) ever needs repairing.

Anyway, to carry on my comparison, the only "bad" side of this glorious techno life is that the bad guy is another time-traveller who follows the chief protagonist and, in a mire of religious, bigoted philosophies, decides he wants to rule the world, a bit like most evil geniuses across the "James Bond for Juniors" world.

To sum this book up, it was trite, but I enjoyed reading it - it felt so light that it could have floated away!

GILDA Perfect Eye Cream
GILDA Perfect Eye Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 8 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I began using this cream on the skin around my eyes five days ago. I have used it night and morning, every day and I admit that I was not really hopeful for improvement.

I am fortunate with my good skin, but I am no longer young and the skin around my eyes is showing signs of aging. This skin around my eyes has deteriorated over the years, but I am delighted to be able to say that since I began using this product there has been a noticeable improvement. The skin which was beginning to sag has become taut and the wrinkles forming below my eyes have improved. I have given this cream four stars rather than five simply because of the price which, I think, is high. However, if everyone can see a similar improvement to the one I have seen, most will think the money is well-spent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20