Profile for Angela > Reviews

Content by Angela

Angela "Audible has hugely improved my life." (Stoke, Staffs)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Herrings Sweet and Spicy Marinade - 275g
Herrings Sweet and Spicy Marinade - 275g
Offered by Port of Lancaster Smokehouse Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've ever tasted., 4 Mar. 2015
What an absolutely wonderful product!

The herrings are firm and juicy - no bits of onions, etc floating about - it was all simply delicious.

I would say there was about three sandwiches worth in a jar you don't HAVEto cut up the herring, but it helps a bit.

Strongly recommended and nicer than many similar products found in supermarkets.

Elizabeth is Missing
Elizabeth is Missing

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful and fearsome, 2 Mar. 2015
A deeply interesting and terrifying book.

Many would imagine that only soldiers on the front line would come across truly horrific thing, but they are an every day fact of life for this elderly lady suffering with progressive senility - not to mention the horrors of her family in watching her.

The real horror is that on occasion Maud is perfectly cogent; lucid and reasonable. Then she suddenly isn't.

The most fearsome of these occasions is when she stands up to go to the lavatory while out with her daughter. Her daughter says "Do you want to go to the toilet, mum?" And poor Maud says "no" the later wets herself and is utterly mortified. Surely only someone who has observed this kind of thing can write about it so sensitively? A wonderful book and a very rare insight into the realities and horrors of dementia. .

Maxwell and Williams Cashmere Bone China 15cm Cereal Bowl
Maxwell and Williams Cashmere Bone China 15cm Cereal Bowl
Offered by Colanders

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price ad lovely, 2 Mar. 2015
Beautiful and useful. My only problem with these dishes is that they don't fit comfortably into my dishwasher. Otherwise they are lovely and as good a anything else on the market.

A good price for fine bone china.

Braun Silk Epil 9 9558 Wet/Dry Cordless Epilator with Face Epilator and 5 Attachments

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect epilator and strongly recommended., 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a wonderful epilator!

First of all, it's virtually painless. My old faithful epilator was probably well past it's built-in obsolescence date, but was efficient and did the job and I THOUGHT I didn't honestly need a new one - until it broke after being dropped :-( .

THIS epilator is ten times better. I was a bit wary of it and concerned in case it didn't live up to the price. I was delighted to receive it because I don't honestly think I would have paid that much to replace my old one, but it is worth every penny and I will certainly pay the price if this one happens to get damaged. However, I don't see it happening easily.

The first thing that is noticeable with this epilator is that it seems very solidly built. Each part (and there are about six or seven of them, plus the charger), is solid and sturdy.

The main machine is incredibly comfortable to use. I would think that even a beginner would have no problem using this on legs. I'm a long-time epi user but this was as comfortable as shaving. Running the epilator over the same spot just twice or maybe three times left the skin clear of hairs and smooth and lovely. A wonderful device.

The facial epilator Is slightly more painful bu I would think that if the user can persevere for just a few minutes until they get the hang of it, they will find it's invaluable and the long-term results of epilation are worth the short-term discomfort. Most peoples' chins/lips would be clear in a few minutes and not need doing again for a good few weeks. It is not recommended to use the facial trimmer in water and I have never used an epilator in the bath or shower, so cannot really comment on this feature.

On the whole, it's a wonderful machine. The comfort is wonderful and I can't imagine why anyone would continue to use a razor on their legs with this product available. It's worth what they are charging and if I'd had to buy it I wouldn't hesitate.

Ultrasport Kids Street Surfer Waveboard Pro - Red
Ultrasport Kids Street Surfer Waveboard Pro - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and fun, 1 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I didn't get this for myself (there ARE some things not suitable for middle-aged women) but my nephew who loved it and gave the following review:

"this is a strange concept and it does feel rather odd compared to a standard skateboard. Even in the recent grotty weather, it's had a massive amount of use and one thing is for sure - it is not suitable for little kiddies! This is for teenagers (and big kids, like me!).

It is very sturdy and well-constructed, and it seems hard wearing yet at the same time, it's ultra-stylish - oh, and great fun too. No bones broken - yet - but I'll keep making the effort!".

Telma Matzo Ball Mix 84 g Kosher Parve Kosher Parev
Telma Matzo Ball Mix 84 g Kosher Parve Kosher Parev
Offered by Rimmon

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful - but beware of the price., 24 Feb. 2015
These kneidlach are wonderful, light and fluffy. They taste exactly as they should unless (like my dad) you like them heavy and "meaty". As if the texture wasn't enough, they are also fat free! I wonder how they do it?

As long as the price doesn't get too high (always compare with the supermarket), thee are a wonderful buy - they remind me of my childhood and family chicken soup lunches with a salt beef sandwich.

Buy and be delighted.

Swordfish Double Hole Canister Pencil Sharpener - Assorted
Swordfish Double Hole Canister Pencil Sharpener - Assorted

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing little sharpener., 22 Feb. 2015
Smashing little sharpener. Very efficient and cheap enough so that it doesn't have to last for years.

It looks ok, too!

Geometrical Design Coloring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books)
Geometrical Design Coloring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books)
by Spyros Horemis

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and a great book, 22 Feb. 2015
What a fantastic book!

I've never done my own colouring before and I always have loved abstract and geometric deigns. This book was perfect for me and I loved working it. I'm surprised to find so many "abstract" colouring books around and wish they would talk to clothing designers so we'd get a lot less clothing with a lot less flowers on them!

Faber-Castell Classic 24-Colour Pencils in Metal Tin Box
Faber-Castell Classic 24-Colour Pencils in Metal Tin Box
Offered by K Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, but not perfect., 22 Feb. 2015
Great colours - not all useful - the white/black/gold never got used at all, but that's my fault not Faber's.

The only colour that doesn't show up well is the yellow which was a bit disappointing but didn't spoil my pleasure in the set. Besides, it's been my experience that yellow pencil crayons rarely show up well.

No, the real "problem" as a lack of a true red (crimson) colour. I know this is one of the most expensive colours to make (it's why you never get wallpaper or tiles a true red), but it was a bit disappointing - not a lot though because there were plenty of other colours in there.

Oral-B PRO 2000 Pink Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral-B PRO 2000 Pink Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Took some getting used to, but I like it., 20 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I broke into the packaging and chucked it into the bin. I started using the toothbrush immediately and I have to say that all that stopping and starting and flashing lights put me off. I did, however, see less 'gunk' on the floss after brushing.

Then I looked up the instructions although instructions on how to use a toothbrush should really not be necessary.

BUT now I know what the brush does and why it does it: it flashes when you press too hard and pulses every thirty seconds so you know for how long to brush each quadrant of the mouth. On top of that, there's also a 'pulse' brush and possibly other things that, as yet, I don't know about!

I still feel that instructions for using a toothbrush should not be necessary (it's a TOOTHBRUSH!), but even considering the lights and buzzes, the brush head really does seem to produce less residue after brushing with the new twisty brush. If I don't like the brush I suppose I can put the head on my old Oral-B rechargeable, but I won't. I've learnt to like the audio-visual effects.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20