Profile for "philip3925" > Reviews

"philip3925"

My Father My King Ep
My Father My King Ep

4.0 out of 5 stars Mogwai - My Father My King, 31 July 2002
This review is from: My Father My King Ep (Audio CD)
This is great song to just lose yourself in and follows all the other Mogwai epics that I have come to love. I think that as a listener you need to have patience so i wouldn't recommend it for everyone, just fans of other Mogwai classics such "Mogwai Fear Satan" and "Stanley Kubrick" to name just two, and artists such as "Godspeed You Black...", "Sigur Ros", "Spiritualized", "Sonic Youth", "Modest Mouse" ect, ect.
This is really good and is one of the most intresting and innotive singles of the year. The fact that a twenty second odd cut off the song would've made this eligible for the charts, shows Mogwai creative determination and where their aspirations lie. If you find you've become sick of regular pop songs then this would be a good record to buy. By the time you have listened to it for the third or fourth time then your senses will tingle when the song transcends into a sonic bombardment.